Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

VP Debates and Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 110
BSBD Posted: Thu, Oct 2 2008 8:53 PM

Greetings friends and fellows,

If one wishes to express their opinions on the debates tonight, feel free in this thread. I felt it more necessary to express my dissent, as I'm sure I'm not alone. I realize I am not covering new ground either. It makes me physically nauseous every time events like this happen; incessant pandering, logical fallacies, and ad hominems abound, yet this is acceptable to a substancial portion of Americans as intelligent and informative. My roommates are downstairs flinging their generic NPR wisdom at Palin at every opportunity without actually considering what they're standing behind. Not that I'm a Palin supporter in any way, it's just so frustrating to witness myopic generalities. I witnessed a few minutes of the debates and asked them "where is the principle for any of these assertions?" More conventional talking point answers. I informed them that the debates are now handled by a government bureau (debates.org), to which they all agreed was the fairest way of debating.

I am very much an optimist in regards to the maturation of man and society in respect to the virtues of Austrian Econ., but it impales my spirit when even those that I know have a basic understanding of how systems work and decide to not utilize such sciences. Am I alone? I suppose personal philosophy helps.

Cheers to all.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 6
Points 75

No one cares about who the Vice President is. At all. The debates were just a front.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS