Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Free Words

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 512
Points 8,730
pairunoyd Posted: Thu, Jan 10 2008 2:23 PM

I'd like to gather some succinct, powerful quotes related to freedom, especially as it relates to economics. I can google for quotes and find some in various books, but I'd also like some of your personal quotes, authored by yourself or someone else. I'm going to add references to the quotes and plan to try and make something out of it. What, I don't know. I've mentioned several times before that I think freedom lovers (basically loving things that tend to reduce government) should devise a campaign to educate the public. It's sometimes hard for the regular guys and gals, like myself, to understand the impact of economics beyond the initial effects.

Also, if you just want to brainstorm and list issues that need to be addressed and somehow whittled down into succinct quotes...THAT'D BE GREAT! I'm the kind of guy that doesn't mind letting people see how ignorant I am because I like being 'schooled'. Some may wince at that, but so what, you only live once.

Any and all pieces of freedom-loving thought that you wish to add, PLEASE do so. If you provide a complete quote, please include the author.

"The best way to bail out the economy is with liberty, not with federal reserve notes." - pairunoyd

"The vision of the Austrian must be greater than the blindness of the sheeple." - pairunoyd

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,532
Points 84,495
Stranger replied on Thu, Jan 10 2008 3:45 PM

Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.

~Ronald Reagan

Greatest thing ever said against the territorial monopoly of the state. 

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS