Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

May we contribute audio book recordings?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Male
297 Posts
Points 6,880
Josiah Schmidt posted on Sun, Aug 30 2009 3:36 PM

If I wanted to contribute my lush, clear, beautiful, amazing narrating voice ;) to Mises.org in the form of creating audio files of certain books for them, would I be allowed to create audio files of just any book that's featured in the Mises.org literature section?

"Anticapitalist theories share in common an inability to take human nature as it is. Rather than analyzing man as a complex creature, anticapitalist theories tend to focus on what the theorist wishes man to be." - Isaac Morehouse

• | Post Points: 20

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 150 Contributor
Male
597 Posts
Points 12,920
Staff
SystemAdministrator
Verified by Josiah Schmidt

That's right. How absurd to make reading aloud and distributing something illegal? That's just bizarre. Read away. It's good for everyone.

Publisher, Laissez-Faire Books

All Replies

Not Ranked
13 Posts
Points 125
Answered (Not Verified) Mangix replied on Sun, Aug 30 2009 3:57 PM
Suggested by Conza88

by all means...

Top 500 Contributor
Male
297 Posts
Points 6,880

Mangix:

by all means...

Are you speaking for the Mises Institute here?  Just want to be sure I don't get myself involved in any legal trouble.  I know the Mises Institute is pretty much all anti-intellectual property these days, but I just want to make sure there's no other stipulations I have to follow.

"Anticapitalist theories share in common an inability to take human nature as it is. Rather than analyzing man as a complex creature, anticapitalist theories tend to focus on what the theorist wishes man to be." - Isaac Morehouse

Not Ranked
13 Posts
Points 125
Mangix replied on Sun, Aug 30 2009 10:18 PM

Freiheit:

Mangix:

by all means...

Are you speaking for the Mises Institute here?  Just want to be sure I don't get myself involved in any legal trouble.  I know the Mises Institute is pretty much all anti-intellectual property these days, but I just want to make sure there's no other stipulations I have to follow.

not speaking on their behalf but i doubt they would really care. Not like they have a staff dedicated to making audio books. They license all(or most) the books as Creative Commons (Attribution?) 3.0.  If you follow the license, you'll probably be fine.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
331 Posts
Points 9,905
SystemAdministrator

Mangix is correct - as long as you follow the Creative Commons license, you don't need to ask.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
597 Posts
Points 12,920
Staff
SystemAdministrator
Verified by Josiah Schmidt

That's right. How absurd to make reading aloud and distributing something illegal? That's just bizarre. Read away. It's good for everyone.

Publisher, Laissez-Faire Books

Top 200 Contributor
457 Posts
Points 14,505

So if I wanted to I could submit my anti-war speeches and some speeches about the false-left right paradigm if I wanted to?  I could do that as well?  

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS