Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Austrian Economics Professor Dr. Morgan Reynolds Interviewed on 911,No Planes Etc.

This post has 210 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Omg. The hosts failed at the first question. And mind you, this was after a 10-minute introduction. Lol.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 875
Points 14,180
xahrx replied on Tue, Sep 8 2009 12:15 PM

Oh Christ, what is his position on 9/11?  The last thing we need is for Austrian Economics to be tied to a nutcase who thinks George W. Bush personally rigged explosives in the WTC.

"I was just in the bathroom getting ready to leave the house, if you must know, and a sudden wave of admiration for the cotton swab came over me." - Anonymous
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 300
Points 5,325

that's not the position of people interested in "9/11 truth"

It's not crazy to seek more information on the events, or wonder why there are a significant number of loose ends that weren't tied up by the official investigation.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 574
Points 9,305
Natalie replied on Tue, Sep 8 2009 12:51 PM

NewLiberty:
It's not crazy to seek more information on the events, or wonder why there are a significant number of loose ends that weren't tied up by the official investigation.

But these people don't call themselves "truthers". Truthers are not about "loose ends", they want to debunk the whole story, with some particularly disturbing cases of denying that planes even existed or that the "Zionists" were behind it. Sorry, but many of the truthers are not much better than the Holocaust deniers and it's not even worth arguing with them.

If I hear not allowed much oftener; said Sam, I'm going to get angry.

J.R.R.Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 248
Points 4,355
Eric replied on Tue, Sep 8 2009 1:04 PM

the most that could have happened is that the USA knew that this was going to happen and or paid Osama to get people to do this, which I have no evidence on, but it more plausible that no planes. I mean what about all the victems families? and how would they get explosives all over the building with no one knowing? Idk, theres much worse things government have done, so idk why people stick to 9/11.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315

Eric:

the most that could have happened is that the USA knew that this was going to happen and or paid Osama to get people to do this, which I have no evidence on, but it more plausible that no planes. I mean what about all the victems families? and how would they get explosives all over the building with no one knowing? Idk, theres much worse things government have done, so idk why people stick to 9/11.

Why not listen to the interview? - Dr Reynolds has some serious credentials and a lot of interesting facts and points that yourself   and 99.99% of the members here seem to be oblivious of  - go on, have some fun, stretch that mind a littleBig Smile

For more information about onebornfree, please see profile.[ i.e. click on forum name "onebornfree"].

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 757
Points 17,305
Poptech replied on Tue, Sep 8 2009 8:56 PM

Before entertaining any delusional no-planer argument please watch a real video effects expert analize the videos.

Ace Baker (No-Planer) vs. Steve Wright (Video Effects Expert) (1/2) (Video) (30min)
Ace Baker (No-Planer) vs. Steve Wright (Video Effects Expert) (2/2) (Video) (30min)

All this nonsense has been debunked over and over.

The Conspiracy Files: 9/11 (Video) (60min) (BBC, February 18, 2007)

"Anarchism misunderstands the real nature of man. It would be practicable only in a world of angels and saints" - Ludwig von Mises

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 757
Points 17,305
Poptech replied on Tue, Sep 8 2009 8:58 PM

So is my sister lying or brainwashed by Dick Cheney for having seen the second plane hit with her own eyes? How about my friend who works on wall street? Which is it are they lying or brain washed by Dick Cheney?

"Anarchism misunderstands the real nature of man. It would be practicable only in a world of angels and saints" - Ludwig von Mises

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315

Poptech:

Before entertaining any delusional no-planer argument please watch a real video effects expert analize the videos.

Ace Baker (No-Planer) vs. Steve Wright (Video Effects Expert) (1/2) (Video) (30min)
Ace Baker (No-Planer) vs. Steve Wright (Video Effects Expert) (2/2) (Video) (30min)

All this nonsense has been debunked over and over.

Confused

For more information about onebornfree, please see profile.[ i.e. click on forum name "onebornfree"].

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,124
Points 37,405
Angurse replied on Tue, Sep 8 2009 11:57 PM

Poptech:
So is my sister lying or brainwashed by Dick Cheney for having seen the second plane hit with her own eyes? How about my friend who works on wall street? Which is it are they lying or brain washed by Dick Cheney?

No you are lying about having friends! Stick out tongue

"I am an aristocrat. I love liberty, I hate equality."
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 321
Points 5,235
Seph replied on Tue, Sep 8 2009 11:59 PM

**cough cough COINTELPRO cough cough**

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 757
Points 17,305
Poptech replied on Wed, Sep 9 2009 12:08 AM

Angurse:
No you are lying about having friends!

True I don't have many but one I do have in NYC works for Fox-Pitt Kelton. I am still waiting for them to answer if he is lying or brainwashed by Dick Cheney.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315

Happy 911 Anniversary everyone Smile

And who better to listen to on this wonderful day of memorial than Austrian economics professor Dr Morgan Reynolds in this radio interview? - as he questions/disproves the "science" of the official " terrorists into planes into buildings"  scenario[ otherwise known as the official conspiracy theory] ,  the  implausibility of the mainstream 911 Truth movements "pre-planted explosives in buildings" scenario [a controlled opposition?] , plus Ron Paul, the Federal Reserve and the "end the Fed" initiative, plus some of his insider experiences as a former government insider.

Have fun, keep an open mind, and above all- enjoy!

About Dr Morgan Reynolds :

" Morgan O. Reynolds, Ph.D., currently is Professor emeritus, economics, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas. He is a former Chief Economist at the U.S. Department of Labor 2001-2002, and he also served as the Director of the Criminal Justice Center and Senior Fellow at the National Center for Policy Analysis, headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Professor Reynolds is the author or co-author of six books, including Public Expenditures, Taxes, and the Distribution of Income (1977), Power and Privilege: Labor Unions in America (1984), Crime by Choice (1985), and Economics of Labor (1995). He has published over 50 articles in refereed academic journals, including the American Economic Review, Journal of Political Economy and Journal of Labor Research. He has authored or co-authored dozens of policy studies for organizations like the Joint Economic Committee of the United States Congress and the National Center for Policy Analysis. He has written dozens of op-eds for Newsweek, The Wall Street Journal, Investor’s Business Daily, Fortune, National Review, Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle, The Washington Times, LewRockwell.com, and other popular outlets. Dr. Reynolds has frequently testified before congressional committees and appeared on many television and radio news programs, including The Newshour with Jim Lehrer, the PBS program DebatesDebates, CNN, and the Fox News Channel. Dr. Reynolds’ research and publication interests have ranged over a wide variety of labor market issues, including income inequality, trade union behavior, and labor regulation, as well as the economics of crime and punishment. Over the last few years he has served as a consultant and researcher for the National Correctional Industries Association, an industry trade group for attracting and administering paid job opportunities within-prison-walls for inmates. Reynolds received his Ph.D. in economics in 1971 from the University of Wisconsin in Madison. He has taught and done research at several universities including the Poverty Institute at the University of Wisconsin, the University of California and Texas A&M. He serves on the board of editors at the Journal of Labor Research, the Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics, and the Journal of Libertarian Studies. In 1993-4 Reynolds was visiting scholar at the Joint Economic Committee of the U.S. Congress. He has been an adjunct scholar with the Cato Institute and currently is an adjunct scholar with the Ludwig von Mises Institute in Auburn, Alabama. Among other professional affiliations, Dr. Reynolds is a member of the Mont Pelerin Society, an international society of free-market economists, scholars and policy advocates."

Dr. Reynolds's website is:   http://www.nomoregames.net  

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 757
Points 17,305
Poptech replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 7:28 PM

Out of respect for those who died, 911 Conspiracy Theories are all Bullshit.

Bullshit! - 9/11 Conspiracy Theories (Video) (9min) (Penn & Teller: Bullshit!, May 9, 2005)

Debunking The 9/11 Myths (Popular Mechanics)

The Conspiracy Files: 9/11 - The Truth Behind The Third Tower (Video) (60min) (BBC)

Questions and Answers about the NIST WTC 7 Investigation (National Institute of Standards and Technology)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 574
Points 9,305
Natalie replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 9:19 PM

Truthers don't care about the truth. Otherwise, why don't they look into the first WTC bombing or the OKC bombing, among others? Why are these guys all connected to al Qaeda? I haven't seen a consistent truther's account of this. It's all about "controlled demolition" or "no planes". Ramzi Yousef? KSM? The Blind Sheikh? Who are all those people and what was driving them?

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315

Seph:

**cough cough COINTELPRO cough cough**

Cui Bono?

Although you and I have no way of knowing, I have had the exact same thought .

Why is this person [and others] so desperate to shut down rational debate here on no planes?

What is in it for them ultimately?

Where do they get the time, do they work, or, is this their [paid] work?

Why do they care so passionately to discredit anyone who even raises the issue of media fakery on 911?

What is the ultimate object of the continual , calculated histrionics and ad hominems and name calling by these people, other than being an attempt to shut down debate of a very serious matter wherever it might raise its ugly head on the internet by scaring off certain , perhaps meeker, types, before debate occurs?

One thing we  can be sure of,   the government has installed people on websites such as this one to spout the official propaganda while claiming to be "libertarians" , "anarcho capitalists",  " architects" or whatever, that's for sure.

People like Prof. Reynolds have punched some very, very, serious holes in the official conspiracy theory of "terrorist manned planes into buildings " [i.e there were no planes, and therefor no terrorists flying them] ; obviously this is starting to worry the perps, the mere fact of the prolliferation of foaming at the mouth types on the internet anxious to get you to believe them and railroad you into not even bothering with your own impartial close examination and consideration of  real 911  physics versus impossible , imaginary, government physics, by employing nothing  more than good old common sense and knowledge, should tell you something- these people are scared, and it is not surprising, at least to myself, considering what is at stake.

However, the truth will 'out, regardless Big Smile

"Cui Bono?" comes to mind here, as does "doth protest too much, methinks" , plus "hoisted by their own petard".

Clue: continual histrionics  and brow-beating from a rabidly opposed viewpoint is usually a good sign, an alert, a dead giveaway, at least for myself.

My take [ for what little its worth to you ] -  Reynolds,  Baker  [both Austrians],  Shack,  and Killtown  are definitely on to something BIG  that the government , and of course its media propagandists do not want you to even consider, let alone learn/ know about , and will do anything and everything within its/their power to steer you away from such considerations before they even happen . Hence the rabid opposition from certain people both here   and elsewhere.

Make no mistake, these people are getting seriously worried by the inevitable, unstoppable "truth osmosis" - which means that they need to create a major distraction [i.e. world/national  event]   possibly even bigger than 9/11, to divert attention away from such inevitable "truth osmosis", and soon, unfortunately. So watch out.

Oh well. Same old "same old."Stick out tongue

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 757
Points 17,305
Poptech replied on Fri, Sep 11 2009 10:04 PM

Hardfire is more than willing to entertain your "debate" which they have and the no-plane theories have been logically debunked. Anyone can watch the debate I posted above.

Yes of course I work for the government too! Everyone who disagrees with you is in on the conspiracy it is not that you need mental help it is really everyone else that has the problem.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 574
Points 9,305
Natalie replied on Sat, Sep 12 2009 12:01 AM

onebornfreedotblogspotdotcom:
Happy 911 Anniversary everyone

KSM will be happy to hear you.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315

Natalie:

Happy 911 Anniversary everyone

KSM will be happy to hear you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Goldstein

Wink

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 574
Points 9,305
Natalie replied on Sat, Sep 12 2009 1:38 PM

So what, are you claiming that this guy doesn't exist? Then how do you know that anything exists unless you've seen with your own eyes?

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,124
Points 37,405
Angurse replied on Sat, Sep 12 2009 1:51 PM

So I guess we have to agree....Dr. Morgan Reynolds isn't real!

"I am an aristocrat. I love liberty, I hate equality."
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

That's brilliant.

People will see boogeymen because that is what people do.

This video says it all for me, the whole thing is good, but Mos Def really lays it down starting at the 8:35 (to go) mark for about 2 minutes.

Mos Def on Bill Maher pt 1/2

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Is there a copy of this interview that is not on Blip.tv and doesn't have the moron droning on at the beginning?  I'm interested in what Morgan Reynolds has to say, not some random blogger.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,985
Points 90,430

Great! This is exactly what Austrian economics need. Austrians aren't already seen as kooky enough with Rothbard lauding the murder of thousands of Vietnamese just because the state crumbled and proclaming conspiracy theorists to be "praxeologists". No, even better, we now have a self proclaimed "Austrian" (what work on Austrian economics has he done?) claiming that there were, in fact, no planes.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

Bob Dylan

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

GilesStratton:
No, even better, we now have a self proclaimed "Austrian" (what work on Austrian economics has he done?)

http://mises.org/literature.aspx?action=author&Id=297

http://mises.org/articles.aspx?AuthorId=1282

You're a self-proclaimed Austrian.  He has actually contributed to the body of knowledge.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,985
Points 90,430

I'm not a self proclaimed Austrian, I'm a young student of economics (in the sense that I attend a university and study economics there) with an interest in Austrian economics.

Reynolds is a kook who has written a few articles and papers for the JLS and QJAE. Some scholar.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

Bob Dylan

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 574
Points 9,305
Natalie replied on Sat, Sep 12 2009 4:15 PM

liberty student:

Was Timothy McVeigh a "bogeyman"? Eichman? Stalin?

Some bogeymen are real, unfortunately.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

GilesStratton:
Reynolds is a kook who has written a few articles and papers for the JLS and QJAE. Some scholar.

A few more papers than you have written.  As to whether or not he is a kook, I presume you are familiar with his arguments?

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315

liberty student:

Is there a copy of this interview that is not on Blip.tv and doesn't have the moron droning on at the beginning?  I'm interested in what Morgan Reynolds has to say, not some random blogger.

At the moment , the only way I have found to skip the lugubrious intro is to wait untill the first 3/4 inch of the sound file has loaded [ie grey line] .

If you then set the start control "knob" at about 2/3 to 3/4 of an inch from the left hand side you will skip the intro[ there is also some short jazzy music sung by a female directly before the interview starts.]

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315

liberty student:

That's brilliant.

This video says it all for me, the whole thing is good, but Mos Def really lays it down starting at the 8:35 (to go) mark for about 2 minutes.

Yes, 1984 appears to be a "how to" manual for  the state. Sad

Thank you for the link.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 419
Points 8,260

liberty student:

That's brilliant.

A challenger appears:

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Capital Pumper:
A challenger appears:

Hitchens is pro-state, pro-war neocon garbage.  Why even post his rubbish here?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 419
Points 8,260

liberty student:

Hitchens is pro-state, pro-war neocon garbage. 

And hopefully he will be summoned here one of these days.

liberty student:

Why even post his rubbish here?

To please you, for that is the purpose of my existence.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Capital Pumper:

I imagine you will need a pentagram for that.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 73
Points 1,160
poppies replied on Sun, Sep 13 2009 3:15 AM

LOL!!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 170
Points 3,275
Arvin replied on Sun, Sep 13 2009 6:04 AM

liberty student:

Capital Pumper:

I imagine you will need a pentagram for that.

A soul shard would probably suffice.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315

Dr Reynolds and The "Vulcan Plane/Building Meld", or, 2nd Strike WTC Crash Videos versus Elementary  Laws of Physics - Plus the Amazing Moving WTC Sequence !

Dr Morgan Reynolds claims [as do myself and others] , that the physics represented in the alleged plane crash videos [mostly "2nd strike" videos of alleged UA  flight 175 supposedly hitting the South tower] cannot represent real world events [i.e they defy known laws of physics] - and that therefor all of the plane crash videos must be fakes.

Here is a famous, primary example ,variously referred to as the "hot knife through butter " shot ,"The Vulcan Plane/Building Meld",  the "Ghost Plane sequence"  "The Self- Healing Building shot" etc.- for what Dr Reynolds and myself would say are obvious reasons, specifically:

the video apparently depicts a large airliner [140 odd tons of  hollow, aluminum tubing with a plastic nose-cone] completely disappearing inside a 500,000 ton steel and concrete building with no visible slowing down at impact,  and without losing any parts [eg wings, tailsection]on the outside on the shock of the  initial impact, to the degree that even the wingtips cut  completely through many, massive steel girders  and steel floor pans and disappear completely inside the building.

[Also, in higher resolution versions, the wall of  WTC 2 can be seen to "self heal" [ie become whole again ]after a wing has passed through/ into it , hence the " magic, self-healing building" term ] :

[View:http://mises.org/Community/themes/mises2008/utility/user posted image:550:0]

Stationary Plane- Moving Building - Further Video Analysis Dr Reynolds May or May Not Have Seen

Below is an analysis of the last few frames of the same video, that Dr Reynolds may or may not be aware of at this time.

Notice that the tail of the plane remains exactly centered in the frame [red line] and that in reality, it is the building thatmoves towards the plane , and not the plane towards the building  as it should be Wink:

[View:http://mises.org/Community/themes/mises2008/utility/user posted image:550:0]

If you would like to know a little more about how this video  was originally shot and from where [i.e how it would have been impossible to keep the camera zeroed in/ centered on the tail] its alleged author, and it on-air broadcast history, let me know.

Civil Discussions Possible?

All civil discussion welcome!

However, for real in depth discussion of this matter you must private message me here.

All  board or PM comments by: "Saan" "angurse", "Poptech" "ladyAttis" "nirgrahamuk" will be ignored, regardless of content. 

In the event of others comments deemed inappropriate [ eg  flaming, insults etc.], you will first be politely notified that I will not communicate with you further,
 either via general message board or through private messaging, then all subsequent messages from yourself will be studiously ignored, [unless,
of course, you apologize for your behavior. Simple!  Smile.]

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Civil Discussions Possible?

All civil discussion welcome!

However, for real in depth discussion of this matter you must private message me here.

All  board or PM comments by: "Saan" "angurse", "Poptech" "ladyAttis" "nirgrahamuk" will be ignored, regardless of content. 

In the event of others comments deemed inappropriate [ eg  flaming, insults etc.], you will first be notified that I will not communicate with you further
 either via general message board or through private messaging, then all subsequent messages from yourself will be studiously ignored, [unless,
of course, you apologize for your behavior. Simple!  Smile.]

Please don't post this sort of message again, singling out a growing list of regular contributors.  You can welcome PMs and civil discussion, but this is not your private board, and it is becoming redundant for you to post these notices.  Just ignore the people you don't agree with.

With regard to no-planes, I did have a think about it last night.  After debating with Nir (who is not a bad fellow) yesterday, it occurred to me that whatever is shown on TV is assumed to be true, and with the quality of CG now, that seems almost silly.  We see print distort facts all of the time, but we assume that what is shown on TV, a visual record, cannot be fudged or manipulated.

That doesn't mean we can pick and choose what we think is real and what is not, but it certainly should introduce some skepticism.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 757
Points 17,305
Poptech replied on Mon, Sep 14 2009 3:41 PM

liberty student:
That doesn't mean we can pick and choose what we think is real and what is not, but it certainly should introduce some skepticism.

You have to be kidding me. So every single news network faked footage in real time? ROFLMAO!!! This is mass insanity. The fact that you are even entertaining it is beyond disturbing.

Page 1 of 6 (211 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS