Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Mises Dailies delivered wirelessly to Kindle?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 37
Points 1,550
RockyRaccoon Posted: Tue, Sep 29 2009 10:05 AM

Hey guys,

I love the Mises Institute.

I also love my Kindle.

Wouldn't it be great to have the Mises Dailies delivered wirelessly to my Kindle so that I can save and highlight my favorite passages on the go?!

Distribution costs must be pretty low, as typical subscriptions cost $0.99-$1.99. Of course, free is best, but I'm willing to pay $1/month for benefit.

Amazon Kindle Blogs - Main Page

Amazon Blog Creation - Account Creation

In the meantime, keep up the fantastic work making Austrian Economics and Liberty available to the masses! Congratulations on your recent success of 10,000 Facebook fans!

-Michael Hall

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 414
Points 5,255
Saan replied on Tue, Sep 29 2009 2:33 PM

It would be nice, but I think the kindle will go the way of Beta-max.  The I-phone kills it.  I still can't figure out how to bring up the keyboard when I'm reading the forums though.

Criminals, there ought to be a law.

Criminals there ought to be a whole lot more.   Bon Scott.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 37
Points 1,550

Saan:
It would be nice, but I think the kindle will go the way of Beta-max.  The I-phone kills it.

I completely disagree. I have a Blackberry Storm, which is similar to the iPhone. I sometimes read Mises Dailies on it, but the screen is definitely not optimal (don't you prefer reading them on a computer monitor?).

Plus, the Kindle is entirely different! The screen looks like a printed page so it's easier to read than any backlit screen, including the iPhone and a computer monitor. I do nearly all of my reading on my Kindle. I've probably got over 100 books from Mises.org plus a variety of economics and physics journal articles as well. If the screen refresh was faster, I'd read Mises forum posts on it as well!

If Mises.org delivered its dailies via Kindle, they would arrive wirelessly and permit the use of highlighting or saving certain snippets for later review.

Regardless of what one thinks of the Kindle, eReaders are quickly gaining in popularity. For evidence, do a Google News search on eBook or eReader and you'll find that a huge number of companies are offering competitors in this area.

-Michael

• Filed under:
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 7
Points 125
xavier replied on Mon, Dec 27 2010 12:04 AM

Hey, I'm reviving this thread to ask again if there is anyway to get Mises.org articles on a Kindle? 

http://weedgirlshiphop.tumblr.com/
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Is there a web browser on the Kindle?

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 370
Points 8,785

Yes, there is a web browser on the Kindle. It is a not a very advertised feature, but it is quite capable of handling most web pages. (Does not do video)

This is apparently a Man Talk Forum:  No Women Allowed!

Telpeurion's Disliked Person of the Week: David Kramer

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS