Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Should we change our label?

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 836
Points 15,370
abskebabs Posted: Wed, Oct 21 2009 7:28 PM

Given that the left and the government education system have succeeded so well in perverting words used in political discourse like Liberalism, I was wondering if we(as proponents of anarcho-capitalism collectively) should change our own label to cater for the more primitive instinctive reactions that will inevitably be felt by the general public, and were probably by many of uswhen we came across the arguments for anarchy.

My question is: Should we just like Molinari, stop saying that we advocate anarcho-capitalism or anarchy and precisely indicate instead that we support private government, governance or governing associations?

Most people do not have the time for a proper logical analysis, especially when it comes to the topic of political economy. My own opinion is that "better" terminology could serve as a more useful crutch to guide them to the correct conclusions.

I also think private government is a far more fitting description of what anarchocapitalists envisage than anarchy.

"When the King is far the people are happy."  Chinese proverb

For Alexander Zinoviev and the free market there is a shared delight:

"Where there are problems there is life."

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS