Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Rand Paul turns out to be a neo-con

rated by 0 users
This post has 92 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 419
Points 8,260

Poptech:

Ah yes more conspiracy theories. Now please prove your unsubstantiated allegations.

To concede the point to you now would be to take the perpertrator's word on faith; a perpertrator that has a track record of intelligence failures and lying to congress.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 114
Points 2,280

Poptech:

Ah yes more conspiracy theories. Now please prove your unsubstantiated allegations.

I am saying that I don't trust government to tell the world of all of their crimes, you believe what the government says because it says it.

You have to explain why we should trust that report, not the other way around.

Do you believe the government has no incentive to hide things?

Doesn't it seem logcial for the government to only tell the world about a few waterboardings, then maybe people would believe that more than if they would have told the world nothing?

Or perhaps we have a government that does what's best only for the people's interest and tells the truth?

Government has no incentive to tell the truth, except when they are caught in a lie that they can not escape.

Robbery: The nation's fastest growing career!

Duties: Giving the people their bread and circuses, extracting payment by force, validating legitimacy, etc.

Job Outlook: Ever increasing and shows no signs of stopping!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 600
Qlubsoda replied on Mon, Nov 30 2009 8:07 PM

I'd argue that It's rather sophistic to ask us to falsify claims that the intelligence agencies of the united state's government are trustworthy. Consider that in order to prove they are trustworthy, we would have to have access files and data which are forbidden to view without a high security clearance and non-disclosure agreements (with a penalty of a treason charge probably). What we do know is that the agencies have secrets, we don't know what they are, and that the agencies have been caught doing unethical/possibly illegal things in the past. I think it's reasonable to infer from the circumstances that a government agency, free of possible oversight and public scrutiny, is going to be as bad as it wants.

If the iran contra affair or the attempted assassination of foreign leaders weren't made public, I'm sure you would've denounced those as "wild conspiracies" if we were to suggest they occurred.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 7,105
Points 115,240
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7OvOf-T2Hc

for the comedy/terror angle

Where there is no property there is no justice; a proposition as certain as any demonstration in Euclid

Fools! not to see that what they madly desire would be a calamity to them as no hands but their own could bring

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,011
Points 47,070

Poptech:
Yes, you should, given such things as MK-ULTRA.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 757
Points 17,305
Poptech replied on Mon, Nov 30 2009 9:03 PM

I'll take that as you have nothing.

"Anarchism misunderstands the real nature of man. It would be practicable only in a world of angels and saints" - Ludwig von Mises

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,011
Points 47,070

And we'll take that as more of your trolling.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 659
Points 13,990
ama gi replied on Mon, Nov 30 2009 11:30 PM

Poptech:
Yes of course being locked up in Gitmo for killing innocent people makes you get out and kill more innocent people.

Can you explain how an occupation army from the other side of the planet, which has decimated your country with depleted-uranium, are "innocent people"?  Thanks.

"As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable."

Not Ranked
Posts 76
Points 1,100
Amadeus replied on Tue, Dec 1 2009 1:14 AM

Poptech:

ama gi:
There is a cause-and-effect relationship somewhere in there, I think....

Yes of course being locked up in Gitmo for killing innocent people makes you get out and kill more innocent people.

That's running under the assumption that everyone in Gitmo has committed an act of terrorism.

I like how you suggested the thought that maybe government might be lying to us is a conspiracy theory. Everyone here can list countless times our or any government has lied to maintain or gain power. So then why would you rule out the possibility that maybe they are lying to you? This of course also means that there is the possibility that they could be telling the truth. But you don't see us saying you're the conspiracy theorist for saying they are telling the truth.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 757
Points 17,305
Poptech replied on Tue, Dec 1 2009 6:32 AM

ama gi:
which has decimated your country with depleted-uranium

Please stop with the conspiracy theories,

Nuclear Genocide? Piercing through the depleted uranium myths (Reason)

"Anarchism misunderstands the real nature of man. It would be practicable only in a world of angels and saints" - Ludwig von Mises

Not Ranked
Posts 31
Points 1,145

This blogger quoted this forum for her hit piece on rand paul.

http://genuinegopmom.blogspot.com/2009/12/flip-flopper-rand-paul-is-learning.html

Looks like she supports bill johnson.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,260
Points 61,905
ForumsAdministrator
Staff
SystemAdministrator

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2011/04/rand-paul-brings-senate-to-standstill.html

"the obligation to justice is founded entirely on the interests of society, which require mutual abstinence from property" -David Hume
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,365
Points 30,945

Genius.

Page 3 of 3 (93 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS