Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Ban me

This post has 12 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 184
Points 3,690
libertarian Posted: Sat, Feb 9 2008 11:30 AM
Moderators: please ban me from these forums. Permanently. Thank you.
  • | Post Points: 110
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 698
Points 12,045
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Why do you want to be banned rather than just leaving of your own accord? Are the forums that addictive? Or is this some sort of "suicide by cop" kind of thing?

Yours in liberty,
Geoffrey Allan Plauché, Ph.D.
Adjunct Instructor, Buena Vista University
Webmaster, LibertarianStandard.com
Founder / Executive Editor, Prometheusreview.com

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 112
Points 1,460
TomG replied on Sat, Feb 9 2008 12:34 PM

after reading the "ignorant austrians" lame listing, "ban" may just mean something else, like "love" 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 57
Points 875

If you actually want to leave the forums you would have left by yourself. Unless you are here for attention... 

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 16
Points 290
I find something subjectively disturbing about your request because it denotes an influence upon your person that cannot logically exist however, it is a perfectly logical conclusion to your anti-Austrian rant.
"The criterion of truth is that it works even if nobody is prepared to acknowledge it." Ludwig von Mises "Corruptissima republicae, plurimas leges" Tacitus
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 783
Points 14,645

Do you want to be banned just so you can go into other forums and complain that "those ignorant Austrians didn't like what I wrote so they banned me?"

I am an eklektarchist not an anarchist.

Educational Pamphlet Mises Group

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 597
Points 12,920
Staff
SystemAdministrator
jtucker replied on Sun, Feb 10 2008 12:12 PM

Odd request! It seems best not to ban. I do recall hearing a theory of meta-preferences, such as when you want to smoke but you ask others to prevent you from doing it. In the end, however, we have to go with demonstrated preference: if you post here, you prefer posting to every other possible use of your time.  

Publisher, Laissez-Faire Books

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 783
Points 14,645

If it is emails from this site that bother him isn't it possible for him to set his preferences so that he does not recieve messages about new posts? I think it is. If so, I see no advantage on his part to being banned. If he is concerned about security he could change his password.

I am an eklektarchist not an anarchist.

Educational Pamphlet Mises Group

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 105
Points 2,055

This thread is as lame as Keynesian economics.

*Bada Bing, Bada Boom*

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 253
Points 4,535
Mark B. replied on Sun, Feb 10 2008 3:13 PM

Evidently, he got his wish.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek not your council, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 16
Points 290
I suppose we can hope....
"The criterion of truth is that it works even if nobody is prepared to acknowledge it." Ludwig von Mises "Corruptissima republicae, plurimas leges" Tacitus
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 515
Doug replied on Tue, Feb 12 2008 8:40 PM

Dear libertarian,

Your wife and kids got to your computer before the screen-lock kicked in.  

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,175
Points 17,905
SystemAdministrator
So libertarian finally lost it then?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS