Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Looking for the right place

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 609
Points 5,295
Friedrich Dominicus Posted: Mon, Jan 18 2010 10:31 AM

I know it sounds arrogant, but I'm looking for a group of people (in Germany) which are willing to found a liberal party for Germany. If someone here can tell me where to place such a question properly, please let me know

Thanks for any suggestion

Friedrich

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 249
Points 3,450
hugolp replied on Mon, Jan 18 2010 11:08 AM
I though you alredy have a clasic liberal/libertarian party in Germany. You want to create another? Why? We dont have even one here and I am very envious that you germans have one (even if it is not perfect).
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 609
Points 5,295

We have not, they just keep in in their name but do not act accordingly. They voted for a think similiar to the TARP during their time in opposition. Then, they claimed to be for a simple tax system and know after their vote, they make it more complicated. They accepted a "Koalitionsvertrag" (an agreement between parties on what to do during the next vote period) which, had a few nice words about liberalism, but not a single word on how to get the balance right. Theny they voted for "law for accelerating economic growth" the name is absolutly ridiciouls ("Wachstumsbeschleunigungsgesetz"). And now we learn that their law which lowered the VAT burden for a special group (owners of hotels), has brought them the highest donation of their history from a company within that area. 

They sold out on the new voters, acting against their claims of the compettion before the vote.

They are for a "strong" governement and they can live with any kind of action the governement takes.

They are maybe the most liberal party in Germany but they are not liberal. And so I've no choice any more, there is not party left to vote in Germany.

So if anyone is interested, then I like to know where to find them.

Regards

Friedrich

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS