Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Most Valuable Posters of the Month

This post has 49 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,415
Points 56,650
filc replied on Thu, Mar 4 2010 10:41 PM

Nitroadict:

Esuric:

filc:
It would be really nice if we had a link to some of their contributions. I must have missed something of value on some of these members.

Here.

Next time, I will link any examples to future nominations (if i have any).

Thanks. That was enjoyable, and I did miss it. Smile

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,943
Points 49,130
SystemAdministrator
Conza88 replied on Fri, Mar 5 2010 1:04 AM

Nitroadict:
The ants.  Stop speaking to them. Drinks

Surprise -> Sad -> Broken Heart

Ron Paul is for self-government when compared to the Constitution. He's an anarcho-capitalist. Proof.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,221
Points 34,050

Conza88:

Nitroadict:
The ants.  Stop speaking to them. Drinks

Surprise -> Sad -> Broken Heart

Every forum has it's ad-hoc aristocracy decided by musical internet chairs.  Your time may come! Cool

"Look at me, I'm quoting another user to show how wrong I think they are, out of arrogance of my own position. Wait, this is my own quote, oh shi-" ~ Nitroadict

Not Ranked
Posts 35
Points 585
B-man replied on Wed, Jun 23 2010 7:41 PM

I was very surprised & happy to see a post from LS today.  yes

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,415
Points 56,650
filc replied on Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:46 PM

B-man:

I was very surprised & happy to see a post from LS today.  yes

I also am very happy to see him back with us! We are privileged to have him. :)

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 488
Points 8,140
LeeO replied on Wed, Jun 23 2010 9:19 PM

Members, please quote your favorite posts by these MVPs in this thread!

I joined the community after liberty student stopped posting regularly, so I would appreciate some quotes of his. I'm planning to sift through his old posts on my own, but there are so many and I would enjoy a head start!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,221
Points 34,050

I think all past MVP's should be considered for a "Best Of" Thread, if enough people are interested and/or approve it.  LS would be the likely initial Best Of candidate, methinks.  

Aside from being a 'neat' thing to do, it would serve the dual purpose of allowing "newbs" to the forums to more easily digest past posts by those who are considered valuable posters.

MVP's are usually awarded by posters that are civil & can be reasonable in debates with others, as well of course knowledgeable & intellectually capable, so I think it would also serve as showcasing good examples of healthy forum demeanor, without it being strictly enforced :P

"Look at me, I'm quoting another user to show how wrong I think they are, out of arrogance of my own position. Wait, this is my own quote, oh shi-" ~ Nitroadict

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 871
Points 15,025
chloe732 replied on Thu, Jun 24 2010 10:11 PM

I suggest a Permanent MVP Badge for Liberty Student (my understanding is that these badges have been awarded on a rotating basis in the past).   I'm sure he couldn't care less about such a thing, but I think it would be an appropriate gesture on behalf of the forum. 

"The market is a process." - Ludwig von Mises, as related by Israel Kirzner.   "Capital formation is a beautiful thing" - Chloe732.

Not Ranked
Posts 35
Points 585
B-man replied on Thu, Jun 24 2010 11:14 PM

LeeO, one of my favorite quotes by Liberty Student. Sums things for me quite nicely :

http://mises.org/Community/forums/p/9725/236509.aspx#236509

I still read it from time to time, whenever I feel like i'm coming down with a case of minarchism.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 488
Points 8,140
LeeO replied on Fri, Jun 25 2010 7:51 PM

Thanks, B-man

Page 2 of 2 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS