Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Gerald Celente: A Fraud?

This post has 55 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 220
Natalie Samatar replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 3:05 PM | Locked

I'm assuming you're talking to me?  That would be one of my more flattering photographs.  Why?

"Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self." ~ Max Stirner
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 3:12 PM | Locked

Are you daughter of Gary Concord Sr., who was born during the first World War, in which he lost his parents, and who, while attempting to create peace on Earth, became a great scientist and military tactician?

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 220
Natalie Samatar replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 3:28 PM | Locked

Are you talking to me?  I'm not sure if this is a joke or serious.  I think you've got me confused with someone else.

"Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self." ~ Max Stirner
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
liberty student replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 3:47 PM | Locked

Ricky James Moore II:
No, but LS takes himself uber seriously.

I don't know any winners who don't take themselves seriously.  I also do not know any losers who do take themselves seriously.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 3:49 PM | Locked

Click on "replied on," to the right of my name on any given post and it'll direct you to the post to which I am responding.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 917
Points 17,505
Ricky James Moore II replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 3:51 PM | Locked

liberty student:

Ricky James Moore II:
No, but LS takes himself uber seriously.

I don't know any winners who don't take themselves seriously.  I also do not know any losers who do take themselves seriously.

The only seriousness I have any regard for is the seriousness of a child at play. Anyone who actually worries about all these social norms and guilt complexes and 'getting ahead' is basically an ape. I make money because I like to spend it, I couldn't give a damn about being 'successful' in some abstract or sociological sense.

Nothing matters, then you die. Then everyone who had ever heard of you dies and the human race and everything it created is for naught.

"Crushing what he chanced to mould in play, the idiot Chaos blew Earth's dust away." - H.P. Lovecraft.

I will break in the doors of hell and smash the bolts; there will be confusion of people, those above with those from the lower depths. I shall bring up the dead to eat food like the living; and the hosts of dead will outnumber the living.
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 220
Natalie Samatar replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 3:51 PM | Locked

Okay then... Uh, no, my dad's name isn't Gary Concord, and he definitely wasn't born in World War I...  This must be some sort of inside joke or Internet meme I don't know about, but I'm not getting it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
liberty student replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 3:52 PM | Locked

Prateek Sanjay:
Do over-the-top things written by David Kramer matter?

Over the top of what?  Your intellect?  Your capacity to reason?  Your core belief system?

If nothing matters, why do you post?  Do you value your time and your reputation so little that your highest value is doing things you claim to believe are useless?

What does that say about you Prateek?  What does it say about what you think of yourself?

Is this really the record you want to leave for future generations to read about you?  Is this the sort of permanent public record you want to define your life?  Don't get me wrong, maybe it is.  Maybe you have incredibly low self-esteem and want to define yourself this way as some self-destructive pattern you have adopted.  If that is the case, good luck with it.  But if there is a shred of dignity in you, doesn't that mean you should be compelled to act in a manner which serves that dignity and self-respect?

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 917
Points 17,505
Ricky James Moore II replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 3:54 PM | Locked

Is this really the record you want to leave for future generations to read about you?  Is this the sort of permanent public record you want to define your life?

Lol, yeah, let's get our panties in a knot about a bunch of imaginary people who will never exist when I do. What a crazy bunch of BS people take for granted. Screw 'the children'.

I will break in the doors of hell and smash the bolts; there will be confusion of people, those above with those from the lower depths. I shall bring up the dead to eat food like the living; and the hosts of dead will outnumber the living.
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
liberty student replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 4:02 PM | Locked

Ricky James Moore II:
The only seriousness I have any regard for is the seriousness of a child at play.

The problem with arguing that nothing matters, is that you can't make that argument without sounding like a complete idiot, because without any values, you couldn't act.  So things do matter.  How you dress matters.  How you speak matters.  How much money you make matters.  And only a failure would argue that none of it matters.

Winners are serious, and every loser I have met is not.  Sometimes I think that is why people like to spend their time complaining about alt health articles on Lew Rockwell.  When you have so little going on in your own life, so little joy and production, love and ambition, why not waste what is already a sad and pathetic life complaining about the choices and achievements of others?

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
liberty student replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 4:07 PM | Locked

Ricky James Moore II:
Lol, yeah, let's get our panties in a knot about a bunch of imaginary people who will never exist when I do. What a crazy bunch of BS people take for granted. Screw 'the children'.

Legacy is a reflection of self-respect.  Losers are likely to not care about their legacy, since they don't have any respect for their own lives, it is impossible for them to care about the lives of others.  In this regard, Rand was great.  In order to say I love you, one must first be able to say I.  But as you have argued, your life is pointless and meaningless, so even your arguments and opinions are invalidated as quickly as you can post them.

I'm happy I am not a loser.  I'd rather be too serious about winning, than be too lazy to care, and yet too full of shit to realize that I don't care because I am a failure in my own eyes.

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 917
Points 17,505
Ricky James Moore II replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 4:18 PM | Locked

lol, have fun psychologizing captain Self-Righteous. As you may have gathered, I don't care. Obviously there is intentionality and preference, but that is not what most people mean by 'meaning' and 'purpose'. They mean some magical, cosmological nonsense and this is just as true of Randroids as it is of the other religious nutters. Once you realize that, in the end, it's just a big mechanistic crap-shoot then you are less likely to bother about totally fictional entities like 'future generations' who literally do not exist. I care about (some) people who are alive, and (some) things that either affect my life or interest me, but in the end it's not a big deal. Most problems people have are caused not by events in their lives but how they react to those events. I'd much rather be Diogenes than Alexander.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
liberty student replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 4:25 PM | Locked

Ricky James Moore II:
lol, have fun psychologizing captain Self-Righteous. As you may have gathered, I don't care.

Sure you don't care.  You keep registering, posting and replying.  You say you don't care, but you can't stop yourself from acting like you do care.  You have either zero self-control, or you are full of crap, unless you have some other reason for acting one way and talking another.

That's my entire point.  It's not that I am self-righteous.  This isn't about me.  It's about the small people acting small, who think they have the righteousness to judge others, whether it is Celente or Kramer.  You seem to think it is ok for you to have an opinion on others, but not ok for others to have an opinion on you.  More double standards, more BS.

Do yourself a favor RJM, if you aren't interested in winning, at least stop trying so hard to fail.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 4:25 PM | Locked

Ricky James Moore II:
lol, have fun psychologizing captain Self-Righteous. As you may have gathered, I don't care.

Oh, but it goes on...

Obviously there is intentionality and preference, but that is not what most people mean by 'meaning' and 'purpose'. They mean some magical, cosmological nonsense and this is just as true of Randroids as it is of the other religious nutters. Once you realize that, in the end, it's just a big mechanistic crap-shoot then you are less likely to bother about totally fictional entities like 'future generations' who literally do not exist. I care about (some) people who are alive, and (some) things that either affect my life or interest me, but in the end it's not a big deal. Most problems people have are caused not by events in their lives but how they react to those events. I'd much rather be Diogenes than Alexander.

/facepalm

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 11
Points 145
ncclyde replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 5:22 PM | Locked

Gerald Celente is one of my favorites, not afraid to tell it like it is.  His voice is part of what makes him so appealing to me.

As with anyone who makes predictions or forecasts, he's sometimes right and sometimes wrong.

One thing he's not afraid to do is tell the truth, which is rare, no matter the arena.

Here are a few choice comments from his April 6th "Trends in the News":

Speaking of Cameron, Sarkozy, and Obama - "If they are so intent about taking out Gadhafi, let them go and get him."

"The people better stand up and take action.  Your lives are on the line, and you have a bunch of loosers out there, that have loosing wars going on right now, that are leading you into the big one."

"Anything that happens to the United States, France, or the United Kingdom, from invading a foreign country, of their only interest, let's stop all this baloney about  "Oh, it's a humanitarian mission." Yeah, like that humanitarian mission in the Sudan, oh, that lovely one in the Ivory Coast, or the slaughter in Yemen.  It's not a humanitarian mission, it's about sweet crude oil, the most valuable on the planet, and they want it.  Just like they're in Iraq, and you've heard me say it before, if broccoli was their major export we wouldn't be there."

"People say to me "What should I do?" What should I do?  Grow up you're adults.  What you do think, there's a magic answer?  You're going to write your congressman, call your senator?  Grow up.  Here's a solution, let's stop paying taxes that are going to the military.  Do something, use your brains.  You're adults.  Your lives are on the line, and so are your children's, so are your nation's."

"Stop the wars.  We need peace.  Our economies are sinking, and our empires are now in decline."

While not "perfect," what he's got to say is worth listening to, and nearly everything I've heard from Gerald over the past year or so has been very much the in line with the Austrian perspective.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,260
Points 61,905
ForumsAdministrator
Staff
SystemAdministrator
Daniel James Sanchez replied on Fri, Apr 8 2011 10:50 PM | Locked

Alright, this thread is getting too personal.  Locked.

"the obligation to justice is founded entirely on the interests of society, which require mutual abstinence from property" -David Hume
Page 2 of 2 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS