Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Peter Schiff will pay $$$ to Alan Greenspan for a chance to debate him. Let's make this happen. Peter Schiff will pay $$$ to Alan Greenspan for a change to debate him! Please Digg/contact ABC news!

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 185
jerrydawn86 Posted: Sun, Apr 4 2010 9:01 PM

Let's force our pundits to come down from their ivory towers and stand up for themselves! Contact ABC and request this!  Schiff will pay Greenspan's speaking fee of over $100,000...

http://digg.com/politics/Peter_Schiff_will_pay_to_Alan_Greenspan_for_a_DEBATE

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 106
Points 1,925

Greenspan is too big of a pussy to accept the challenge, but that would be so awesome. I'd pay money just to watch that debate.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 82
Points 1,380
czelaya replied on Sun, Apr 4 2010 9:41 PM

I for one would love this debate. However, I doubt this would go down as a victory for the school of Austrian Economics. The media isn't in favor of the truth. So, if a debate where to happen, it wouldn't be so clear cut. That's the brilliance & intention of the left (or any other ideology that advocates a statist idea), they will make sure an equal balance of debate will not be brought forth.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 445
Points 7,120
thelion replied on Sun, Apr 4 2010 9:48 PM

I wouldn't donate money to Schiff if he's going to spend it by giving it to dishonest people like Greenspan. I would also doubt that many other potential donors would approve either.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,651
Points 51,325

Though I like Schiff, I'd prefer it if a real economist like Joe Salerno debated Alan Greenspan.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 349
Points 5,915
Mtn Dew replied on Sun, Apr 4 2010 9:50 PM

I think Schiff would be more beneficial for the cause of freedom. I've never heard Salerno, but Schiff is pretty good in debates. He did a good job debating the banksters a few weeks ago.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 144
Points 2,230
Josh replied on Sun, Apr 4 2010 9:51 PM

thelion:
I wouldn't donate money to Schiff if he's going to spend it by giving it to dishonest people like Greenspan. I would also doubt that many other potential donors would approve either.

He's not paying for this out of his pocket?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 106
Points 1,925

krazy kaju:

Though I like Schiff, I'd prefer it if a real economist like Joe Salerno debated Alan Greenspan.

Disagree with this. Schiff is a great debater. Watch him embarrass some Columbia professor here.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 139
Points 2,270

As exciting as this sounds, it will never happen. Greenspan has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,113
Points 60,515
Esuric replied on Mon, Apr 5 2010 12:33 AM

They should put it on PPV (pay per view) in my opinion. I'd gladly play $50 to watch that scumbag Alan Greenspan get exposed. If I have to hear, "even Alan Greenspan acknowledges the failures of capitalism" one more time, I might do something crazy...

"If we wish to preserve a free society, it is essential that we recognize that the desirability of a particular object is not sufficient justification for the use of coercion."

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,417
Points 41,720
Nielsio replied on Mon, Apr 5 2010 3:37 AM

Tom Woods on Alan Greenspan:

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 185

Wonderful!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,956
Points 56,800
bloomj31 replied on Mon, Apr 5 2010 11:59 AM

Not a chance in hell that Greenspan takes the debate.  He only stands to lose.  He'd be much wiser to treat the offer with disdain imo.  Like with incredulity that Schiff would even think such a thing were conceivable.  Would be interesting if Greenspan turns out to be a fool and takes the debate though.  I'd watch.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS