Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

In regards to more free or less free podcast

This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
Paleolibertarian Posted: Fri, Apr 23 2010 2:03 PM | Locked

This is one of the worst things I have heard on any website. Jeff Riggenbach is clearly a left-libertarian by celebrating the end of  anti-miscegeneation laws, anti-abortion laws, and sodomy laws. He also states that things are getting steadily better for liberty in America just by pointing out the aforementioned examples and some other things that would be great(according to him). But, there are many more things to show that he is wrong in assessing American liberty throughout history. For example, the number of laws have increased, the increase in taxation, the loss of the dollar's value etc. There are things that Mr. Riggenbach would obviously not take into account for the increased wealth that he might cite as proof of the American rise in liberty. Thee things are rise in intelligence, the increased population(increased division of labor), and the global rise in liberty. I expect this kind of analysis from Reason Magazine and the Cato Institute(which he cited). However, I am angry as a Mises Institute supporter that this analysis gets spotlight as an audio file.

I want to emhasize that I am an anarchist and I think that all state laws are illegitamate and anti-libertarian regardless if any of those laws would be universally in a private property order of conviviality(.such anti-murder laws). Increased prosperity does not always means that there has been a rise in political liberty. For long periods of history, that has not been the case.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS