Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS

rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff Posted: Tue, May 4 2010 2:11 PM

Attention all members:

Please check your public profile page (e.g. http://mises.org/Community/members/DanielMuffinburg/default.aspx) and check to see if there is a huge "ENTER" button in the middle of it or if it is otherwise "hacked." Report any cases of this to this thread and your profile page will be fixed.

Thanks,
Daniel, Master Spam Slayer Lvl VIII

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,649
Points 28,420

Mine is okay.

Democracy means the opportunity to be everyone's slave.—Karl Kraus.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,289
Points 18,820
MaikU replied on Tue, May 4 2010 2:32 PM

So it is hacked if there is ENTER button? Or not? (sorry, bad english, couldn't quite understand) blush I don't have that button.

"Dude... Roderick Long is the most anarchisty anarchist that has ever anarchisted!" - Evilsceptic

(english is not my native language, sorry for grammar.)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,417
Points 41,720
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

It's hacked if there is the ENTER button.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,162
Points 36,965
I. Ryan replied on Tue, May 4 2010 3:17 PM

trulib

If I wrote it more than a few weeks ago, I probably hate it by now.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Thanks.

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 867
Points 17,790

Mine has apparently been hacked. Hope it wasn't my fault. blush

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Tue, May 4 2010 3:43 PM

What happens when you click "ENTER"?

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 867
Points 17,790

I didn't feel like trying, to be honest.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

I suggest you don't click ENTER.

Thanks, Sphairon/

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315

Mine was hacked, now apparently fixed. Thank you all.

Regards, onebornfree.

P.S. is it normal , with the new software here , for me to have 2 completely different text boxes to fill out when replying to posts [every time!] ?

[If I only fill out 1 of 2 boxes the post does not go through. If both boxes do not exactly match in text content etc. - likewise, or post self edits to something I don't want.]

MacOS 10.5, Safari browser.

For more information about onebornfree, please see profile.[ i.e. click on forum name "onebornfree"].

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Onebornfree, can you post a screen shot of it?

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315

Daniel Muffinburg:

Onebornfree, can you post a screen shot of it?

OK here goes [assuming you meant the double text box, and not the "ENTER" thingy]

Regards, onebornfree

For more information about onebornfree, please see profile.[ i.e. click on forum name "onebornfree"].

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 853
Points 17,830

Thanks I Ryan and Daniel.  Mine's fixed now.

Sphairon - did you mention somewhere that you got a blank private message from user "ShKPf2sDq"?  Me too.  Probably related.

onebornfree - I sometimes get two boxes like that, but it's intermittant, and if it happens, I just go back and click on reply again.  Then usually there will only be one box (the new one).  The quote button and preview still don't work though.  I'm using IE.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,005
Points 19,030

I think I'm okay -thanks.

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 867
Points 17,790

trulib:
Sphairon - did you mention somewhere that you got a blank private message from user "ShKPf2sDq"?  Me too.  Probably related.

Actually, I didn't. And I didn't notice any unusual activity with regards to my profile either, so I'm a little concerned about what happened.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 690
Points 11,315

trulib:

Thanks I Ryan and Daniel.  Mine's fixed now.

onebornfree - I sometimes get two boxes like that, but it's intermittant, and if it happens, I just go back and click on reply again.  Then usually there will only be one box (the new one).  The quote button and preview still don't work though.  I'm using IE.

I got that message from the same person [ShKPf2sDq], - but it was not blank- original source code for the "ENTER" button was included in my message.

I get the double text box every time, regardless, even if I go back and click again. [ I had to copy and paste this entire message and original quote I'm replying to into the first box just to make this very post- just as I've had to do with every post since the change].

The quote function appears to work just fine for me.

Regards, onebornfree.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 445
Points 7,120
thelion replied on Tue, May 4 2010 10:55 PM
Quote works for me; but I've lost my text editor.... Now my posts are tiny text and not double spaced.
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

bump.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,221
Points 34,090

Do I need to use a specific browser to see the hack?  

I've unwittingly been using the latest Google Chromium builds instead of a my usual Mozilla Seamonkey (which is more or less the same as Firefox since 2.0, but that's an argument in a different universe for now...), so I'd feel a bit better if a few people were to post "error" type reports (what they used to view site, etc.) when they found the hack.

Also, more importantly, I think the latest nonsense by the spammers just reiterates that changing software might be necessary, if only to ultimatley buy more time in the on-going evolutionary arms race against the pond scum of the internet (not 4chan, they are mis-understood planktons).  

"Look at me, I'm quoting another user to show how wrong I think they are, out of arrogance of my own position. Wait, this is my own quote, oh shi-" ~ Nitroadict

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

To see the "hack," you have go to a profile that been "hacked." 

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,221
Points 34,090

Common sense eluded me of course, but I can't seem to see the button on said profiles regardless :\ 

"Look at me, I'm quoting another user to show how wrong I think they are, out of arrogance of my own position. Wait, this is my own quote, oh shi-" ~ Nitroadict

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

That's because I already fixed those pages. :P I think Lilburne has a screen shot of it.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

bump

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 139
Points 2,270

Mine is ok, but I have seen it on other users profile pages come and go over the last few weeks (maybe months). Wasn't sure if you knew about it, but looks like you have it under control now.

Page 1 of 1 (26 items) | RSS