Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

New Template for Mises.org/com

rated by 0 users
This post has 26 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 597
Points 12,920
Staff
SystemAdministrator
jtucker Posted: Fri, Mar 21 2008 11:47 AM

Please post formatting problems here.

I'll start with a blockquote problem here. http://mises.org/story/2791

Should be indented and probably not italicized. 

Publisher, Laissez-Faire Books

• | Post Points: 170
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

About the morphing "Tu ne cede malis"

The french one is not okay  : Ne cedez pas au mal mais combat - le ...

Should be : Ne cedez pas au mal mais combattez-le ... 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
cfhanes replied on Mon, Mar 24 2008 1:46 PM

Jeff and all,

On the mises.org home page this morning I don't find a link to go to blog.mises.org/blog.

I like to read the blog items on their own page, which still exists, but there is no direct link to it.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 597
Points 12,920
Staff
SystemAdministrator
jtucker replied on Mon, Mar 24 2008 2:00 PM

yeah, I know. this is not good. The current idea is to go to Community which will feature the Mises blog, but that's two clicks away.

Any other ideas? The blog is important but there is no obvious place for it. 

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 1
Points 4,370
Staff

I'm missing the old print template! Currently you get about 5 extra pages of sidebars, images, etc. in addition to other problems like URLs inserted in the article text if you print the Daily Article, for example.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 597
Points 12,920
Staff
SystemAdministrator
jtucker replied on Mon, Mar 24 2008 2:25 PM

That print problem is a CSS issue and shouldn't be hard to fix  

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 881
Points 15,030
banned replied on Thu, Mar 27 2008 3:13 AM

I really dislike the new style on mises.org, but i'll live with it.

Anyways, in the quick link block, some of the images are stretched, but one isn't. It really shouldn't be stretched, because it distorts the pixles.

CSS fix - replace:

#content .dailyarticles img {
    float: left;
    width: 155px;
    height: 116px;
    margin-right: 2px;

with: 

#content .dailyarticles img {
    float: left;
    width: 130px;
    height: 116px;
    margin-right: 2px;
}

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 881
Points 15,030
banned replied on Sun, Mar 30 2008 4:24 AM

I think the Featured book section should be renamed, or the script randomly selecting merchendise needs to be fixed because It keeps saying "Featured book Mises Calculator" or "Featured book Mises Moneyclip" It's kind of funny, but still...

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 331
Points 9,905
SystemAdministrator
David V replied on Wed, Apr 9 2008 7:37 PM

Done.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 331
Points 9,905
SystemAdministrator
David V replied on Wed, Apr 9 2008 9:23 PM

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 11
Points 190
wuzacon replied on Wed, Apr 9 2008 9:26 PM

I was wondering what happened to the podcast button. It used to be real easy to just select the podcast button and move a whole list of audio media to ITunes. 

Now it takes several steps to move a list of media to Itunes.

Is there a new way to accomplish this same task?

Thanks

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 331
Points 9,905
SystemAdministrator
David V replied on Wed, Apr 9 2008 9:45 PM

Oops!  I fixed the podcast image for the feeds.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 212
Points 3,430
Twirlcan replied on Thu, Apr 10 2008 6:34 PM

I liked how the old forum displayed better.  The new one I get the most popular posts and then I have to scroll down and click to check all the individual forums.

Not that big of a deal but I seem to be clicking alot more.  But I can use the excercise.

http://www.comebackalive.com/phpBB2 Travel, Adventure Travel, Arguments, Recipes.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 224
Points 3,785

Very nice job with fixing the podcasts feeds.  I just got a zune a couple months ago, and it plays the video podcasts unlike my last mp3 player.  I lose attention too easily with audio podcasts.  I loaded up with like 10 video podcasts now.  Thanks, it works very well!  Big Smile

...And nobody has ever taught you how to live out on the street, But now you're gonna have to get used to it...

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 796
Points 14,585

I like how the new site is running. It seems to load faster and work more reliably.

"I cannot prove, but am prepared to affirm, that if you take care of clarity in reasoning, most good causes will take care of themselves, while some bad ones are taken care of as a matter of course." -Anthony de Jasay

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 11
Points 190
wuzacon replied on Wed, Apr 16 2008 10:50 PM

Thanks for fixing the podcast links :!

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 36
Points 3,090
aheram replied on Sat, Apr 19 2008 12:39 AM

The bottom part of the Mises logo in the top-left of the page has a solid black bar running across it.

"I have not yet begun to fight!" - John Paul Jones

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 116
Points 2,120

Hey, I'm sure there is already a way, and Im just not smart enough to figure it out, so how can I download the audio files in the media archives of mises.org ?

thanks for your time,

DEO VINDICE

Everything you needed to know to be a libertarian you learned in Kindergarten. Keep your hands to yourself, and don't play with other people's toys without their consent. 

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 478
Points 9,180

When I peruse through the Audiobooks it doesn't always say how much time each chapter takes. Eg.For a New Liberty

Any chance that this could be rectified. Also could you display the time elapsed and time remaining on all the audiofile quicktime bars.

I'm often strapped for time!

Austrians do it a priori

Irish Liberty Forum 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 35
Jamescart replied on Thu, Oct 23 2008 1:23 AM

the site has problems loading things like pictures, and the digg button slowes the site WAYYYY down

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 34
Points 660
Steve replied on Thu, Oct 23 2008 1:55 AM

aheram:

The bottom part of the Mises logo in the top-left of the page has a solid black bar running across it.

I, too, experience this problem. I am using the latest version of Firefox, if that will help any. I will provide a screen capture for reference. This seems to happen once when you enter the 'Community' section of the site. The homepage on mises.org is aligned correctly. I haven't checked to see if it happens on any of part of the website.

Also, the navigation bar for the forum seems to be misaligned. The '»' character pushes down each respective subsection after 'Forum'. I will also provide a screen capture for this issue.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 881
Points 15,030
banned replied on Thu, Oct 23 2008 3:07 AM

Steve S:
I, too, experience this problem. I am using the latest version of Firefox, if that will help any. I will provide a screen capture for reference. This seems to happen once when you enter the 'Community' section of the site.

Yeah, the image needs to be repositioned 6 pixles down

I have a fix (requires stylish), but it replaces the whole image with a ghost like sillouette of Mises.

If you want to simply fix it, go to "write a style -> for mises.org..." on the stylish options and type

#CommonHeader img[src*="headerSlice"] {

position:absolute;

top:-6px!important;

}

Here's the Replacement image (since I dont have a before/after pic up)

(resized)

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 597
Points 12,920
Staff
SystemAdministrator
jtucker replied on Thu, Oct 23 2008 7:07 AM

I guess we should just take the digg button off. Digg has become ridiculous in the last several months, ever more mainstream and uninteresting. It take like 1000 diggs to get near the front because of the system change etc.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 331
Points 9,905
SystemAdministrator
David V replied on Thu, Oct 23 2008 10:24 AM

Steve S:

It would be great if someone provided me with the CSS change needed to fix this.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 881
Points 15,030
banned replied on Thu, Oct 23 2008 6:22 PM

HeroicLife:
It would be great if someone provided me with the CSS change needed to fix this.

in Common.css

change

#CommonHeader

{

background-image: url(/Community/themes/mises2008/images/bg_header.gif);

background-color: #000000;

}

to

#CommonHeader

{

background-image: url(/Community/themes/mises2008/images/bg_header.gif);

background-color: #000000;

position: absolute;

top: -6px;

}

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 34
Points 660
Steve replied on Fri, Oct 24 2008 2:40 AM

The top banner issue has been fixed, but it would be nice if the navigation would get fixed too. In my opinion, that is the most annoying of all issues. Perhaps removing the '»' character from whatever script you have going could fix it.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 191
Points 1,035

I have posted more than a hundred blogs to my blog at mises.org. Recently when I copy from my website the content, all formatting is lost. It is troublesome enough to paste which I am willing to do. I am not willing to reformat, however. Unless this problem can be fixed, I will no longer contribute.

Monty Pelerin

Page 1 of 1 (27 items) | RSS