Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

How To Not Pay Taxes

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,434
Points 29,210
BrianAnderson Posted: Wed, Jun 30 2010 8:09 PM

What are some inventive ways that people have made up to not pay taxes? Either income or anything else. I don't really know if I'm allowed to ask this on here, but hopefully I can.

If the IRS is reading this right now, I'm, um... researching for a book?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 194
Points 3,900
Gipper replied on Wed, Jun 30 2010 8:29 PM

The Federal Income Tax is "voluntary", I use quotations because if you choose not to pay, the government will send armed IRS agents with semi-automatic weapons to your house. Government is so compassionate, isnt it?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,434
Points 29,210

Government is so compassionate, isnt it?

Haha, I actually just saw this video yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7mRSI8yWwg. The stupidity of the 111th Meeting of Congress baffles me every single day. I'm not old enough to have a salary and everything, but do you know if there's a way for me to opt-out of Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. when I get a real job?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,966
Points 53,250
DD5 replied on Wed, Jun 30 2010 9:04 PM

"What are some inventive ways that people have made up to not pay taxes?"

By working for the government.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 194
Points 3,900
Gipper replied on Wed, Jun 30 2010 9:08 PM

I may need clarification, but I think the only way to opt out is to be a religious leader or get income by capital gains.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,434
Points 29,210

I bet the Aerican Empire doesn't make its citizens pay the income tax.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerican_Empire

Not Ranked
Posts 369
Points 7,175
baxter replied on Wed, Jun 30 2010 9:21 PM

>I may need clarification, but I think the only way to opt out is to be a religious leader or get income by capital gains.

You could also eat only raw foods (no sales tax), and live in a tent city (no property tax). Of course, a portion of the cost of the purchased raw food and tents is going to taxes ultimately - unless you are growing your own food. And as you sleep in the tent, you may find the cost of catching pneumonia is worse than the taxes.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS