Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

How do I quote in CKEditor?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
285 Posts
Points 4,140
Think Blue posted on Sun, Jul 4 2010 1:08 AM

I can't seem to use the quote function at all.  If I click "Quote" in response to a post, the quote won't appear in the editing window.  Yet I notice others able to quote previous posts in the same thread.

I even tried using BBcode style syntax to manually quote someone else, and CKEditor won't accept it.

How exactly do I quote someone else?

Is there an option available for me to use the earlier editor previous to CKEditor? 

There seems to be an incompatibility between CKEditor and the forum software.

• | Post Points: 35

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 100 Contributor
Male
871 Posts
Points 15,025
Verified by Think Blue

Think Blue:

Is this what you're trying to do?  If so, click on "reply" and look at the code in the bracketes [    ].   It has to be typed manually, kind of a pain, but not too bad.  You can use cut and paste for the content of the quote, which works fine.

"The market is a process." - Ludwig von Mises, as related by Israel Kirzner.   "Capital formation is a beautiful thing" - Chloe732.

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
285 Posts
Points 4,140

I can't even quote myself.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Male
358 Posts
Points 8,245

I have asked this same question several times within threads and I never received a response.

Top 500 Contributor
285 Posts
Points 4,140
Think Blue:

I can't even quote myself.

Maybe I can use blockquote?

Y = C + I + G + (X - M)

Interesting.

Top 100 Contributor
Male
871 Posts
Points 15,025
Verified by Think Blue

Think Blue:

Is this what you're trying to do?  If so, click on "reply" and look at the code in the bracketes [    ].   It has to be typed manually, kind of a pain, but not too bad.  You can use cut and paste for the content of the quote, which works fine.

"The market is a process." - Ludwig von Mises, as related by Israel Kirzner.   "Capital formation is a beautiful thing" - Chloe732.

Top 500 Contributor
285 Posts
Points 4,140

chloe732:

Did this work?

Top 500 Contributor
285 Posts
Points 4,140

chloe732:

Think Blue:

Let's try nested quotes.

Top 500 Contributor
285 Posts
Points 4,140

Thanks chloe732!!  It's a bit of a hack, but it works. surprise

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS