Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Can't change my avatar to own picture

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Male
6 Posts
Points 195
Aroux posted on Mon, Jul 5 2010 10:12 AM

Hi tech support

When I try to exchange my avatar icon with my own .jpg I get the error message below.

Thanks, Patrik

Server Error in '/Community' Application.

Access to the path 'avatar.jpg' is denied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'avatar.jpg' is denied. 

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6 and IIS 7, and the configured application pool identity on IIS 7.5) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user. 

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'avatar.jpg' is denied.]
   System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive) +5011593
   System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive) +294
   CommunityServer.Components.FileSystemFileStorageProvider.Delete(String path) +388
   CommunityServer.Avatars.UpdateAvatar(Int32 userID, Stream postedFile) +142
   CommunityServer.Controls.EditUserAvatarForm.UploadAvatarButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +286
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +154
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3691

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

• | Post Points: 20

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,051 Posts
Points 36,080
Answered (Verified) Bert replied on Mon, Jul 5 2010 1:35 PM
Verified by Aroux

I can't upload my own, I have to link it from a site.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 10 Contributor
7,105 Posts
Points 115,240
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
Verified by Aroux

Bert, are you able to upload files on your hard drive to your space on this community?

http://mises.org/Community/members/Bert-B/files/Attached+Files/default.aspx

Where there is no property there is no justice; a proposition as certain as any demonstration in Euclid

Fools! not to see that what they madly desire would be a calamity to them as no hands but their own could bring

Not Ranked
Male
6 Posts
Points 195
Answered (Verified) Aroux replied on Mon, Jul 5 2010 3:31 PM
Verified by Aroux

Ok, I posted it on my community file share (http://mises.org/Community/members/xy/files/xz.jpg) and indeed it worked.

However, linking it directly wouldn't work so I had to use the following link I got once I requested to download my file again.

i.e. http://mises.org/Community/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.46.49/P.jpg

Thanks for helping out on this matter.

Patrik

• | Post Points: 5

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
7,105 Posts
Points 115,240
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Is the jpg on your local computer or stored on a remote web server?

Where there is no property there is no justice; a proposition as certain as any demonstration in Euclid

Fools! not to see that what they madly desire would be a calamity to them as no hands but their own could bring

Top 50 Contributor
Male
2,051 Posts
Points 36,080
Answered (Verified) Bert replied on Mon, Jul 5 2010 1:35 PM
Verified by Aroux

I can't upload my own, I have to link it from a site.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 10 Contributor
7,105 Posts
Points 115,240
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
Verified by Aroux

Bert, are you able to upload files on your hard drive to your space on this community?

http://mises.org/Community/members/Bert-B/files/Attached+Files/default.aspx

Not Ranked
Male
6 Posts
Points 195
Answered (Verified) Aroux replied on Mon, Jul 5 2010 3:31 PM
Verified by Aroux

Ok, I posted it on my community file share (http://mises.org/Community/members/xy/files/xz.jpg) and indeed it worked.

However, linking it directly wouldn't work so I had to use the following link I got once I requested to download my file again.

i.e. http://mises.org/Community/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.46.49/P.jpg

Thanks for helping out on this matter.

Patrik

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS