Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Sheriff Babeu in Danger

This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,434
Points 29,210
BrianAnderson Posted: Mon, Jul 12 2010 12:00 AM

For everyone on here who is completely, 100% anti-state, what is your solution to the invasion of Arizona by Mexican drug cartels?

http://www.santanvalleytoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=560&catid=560

The sheriff now has a 'green light' on his life. This means that, if the hitman does not kill the sheriff, the hitman and his family will be killed.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 167
Points 2,585

Brian:

For everyone on here who is completely, 100% anti-state, what is your solution to the invasion of Arizona by Mexican drug cartels?

Legalizing drugs would help. I also don't have much sympathy for any police hired by the state.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,434
Points 29,210

I also don't have much sympathy for any police hired by the state.

Why not? The same people would be doing the same job if it were a private security company.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,289
Points 18,820
MaikU replied on Mon, Jul 12 2010 12:45 AM

no, it wouldn't be the same. At least, I wouldn't make a contract with such people.

"Dude... Roderick Long is the most anarchisty anarchist that has ever anarchisted!" - Evilsceptic

(english is not my native language, sorry for grammar.)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 767
Points 11,240
Hard Rain replied on Mon, Jul 12 2010 2:15 AM

For everyone on here who is completely, 100% anti-state, what is your solution to the invasion of Mexico by American prohibition with simultaneous demand for drugs?

"I don't believe in ghosts, sermons, or stories about money" - Rooster Cogburn, True Grit.
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 167
Points 2,585

Brian:

Why not? The same people would be doing the same job if it were a private security company.

If police in a free society behaved the same way as they do now, I don't see PDA's making much money.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 235
Points 5,230
shazam replied on Sat, Jul 17 2010 1:27 AM

He ought to not enforce the unconstitutional drug laws. www.oathkeepers.org

Anarcho-capitalism boogeyman

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 796
Points 14,585

Why aren't there any alchohol cartels invading Arizona? Because alchohol isn't illegal. Achohol consumption isn't a tort, and so, is a liberty (and should not be interfered with). This would be a non-issue under just law.

"I cannot prove, but am prepared to affirm, that if you take care of clarity in reasoning, most good causes will take care of themselves, while some bad ones are taken care of as a matter of course." -Anthony de Jasay

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 71
Points 1,440

Legalizing drugs.

I don't take delight in the killing of police by the way OP, I'm not some dilletante Austro-Libertarian who thinks shouting about how cops are 'pigs' is cool.  

The people who do in this thread are the perfect example of Hoppe's criticisms of the 'antiauthoritarian' adolescent who thinks he is a Libertarian.

Kill Mumia.

"If diversity were a strength people would practice it spontaneously. It wouldn't require constant cheer-leading or expensive lawsuits."

- Jared Taylor

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,260
Points 61,905
ForumsAdministrator
Staff
SystemAdministrator

"Kill Mumia."

Why don't you go back to lurking at "niggermania forums" and "chimpout" with your new fellow-racist friend Doubtus (aka "bubblelips").  Your hate is unwelcome here.

"the obligation to justice is founded entirely on the interests of society, which require mutual abstinence from property" -David Hume
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 468
Points 8,085
Wibee replied on Sat, Jul 17 2010 5:25 PM

No one delights in killing police.  We need more people shouting "cops are pigs"  I'm tired of people bending over and taking it up the @#$@

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,491
Points 43,390
scineram replied on Wed, Jul 21 2010 4:52 PM

shazam:

He ought to not enforce the unconstitutional drug laws. www.oathkeepers.org

He enforces state law.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 659
Points 13,305
Gero replied on Wed, Jul 21 2010 6:07 PM

Viception: “Alcohol prohibition in the United States (1913-1933) was violent not because making, transporting, and selling alcohol was inherently dangerous, but because disputes could not be resolved in court and the police could not be relied on for protection. Government attempts to lower the alcohol supply made alcohol more expensive, an incentive for bootleggers to supply it. Black market profits were high due to limited competition. The bootleggers armed themselves and shot other bootleggers competing for profits. Gangster Al Capone became wealthy due to bootlegging. He saw alcohol legalization as a threat to his profits. Before and after alcohol prohibition, alcohol-related violence was low. The murder rate rose each year after Prohibition started until 1933. The murder rate fell for 11 years after Prohibition. Drug-related violence can largely end by legalizing illegal drugs. Drug cartels exist because of criminalization. There is no Mexican beer cartel or massive wine-related violence in France. Nicotine may be as addictive as heroin, but you do not see many people robbing stores for cigarettes because they are legal. Prohibition does not make the product vanish. Prohibition transfers the drug trade to the black market where brutality is used to defend high profits. Unlike other illegal drug producers, transporters, and sellers, I am far less violent than my competitors. Liberty includes self-ownership, the ability to make choices others may dislike. Any adult should be allowed to use any drug. Stanton Samenow, a psychologist, said, ‘Criminality does not reside in the bottle, the pill, the powder, or in any other substance. Drugs bring out and intensify only what already exists within a person; they do not transform a responsible person into a criminal.’ Drug use does not cause society’s fundamental problems. If you seek the sources of these problems, do not test people for drugs. Test people for cruelty, deception, gullibility, ignorance, stupidity, and desire for power.”

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS