Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Libertarian Pamphlets?

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,651
Points 51,325
krazy kaju Posted: Thu, Mar 27 2008 5:10 PM

Hey, do you guys know where I can get some libertarian pamphlets to pass out?

• | Post Points: 80
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 852
Points 19,800
http://www.RonPaul2008.com;) Okay, maybe that wasn't completely Libertarian.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 852
Points 19,800
Check out lp.org.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,651
Points 51,325

LOL, thanks ViennaSausage.

The pamphlets at lp.org look pretty good, I might purchase them.

Though I'm not to schnazzy about giving my phone number away. Tongue Tied

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 946
Points 15,410
MacFall replied on Thu, Mar 27 2008 9:36 PM

When I finish drafting The Liberty Code I'm going to submit it to another round of ruthless scrutiny, and then make a pamphlet out of it with the justice code as an appendix. It will be available on my website (The Radical Perspective; not yet online) in large quantities for a very low price.

Pro Christo et Libertate integre!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 297
Points 4,060
macsnafu replied on Thu, Mar 27 2008 10:22 PM

ISIL - International Society for Individual Liberty used to have some good pamplets.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,651
Points 51,325

Thanks macsnafu, I went to the ISIL site and they have some excellent pamphlets for dirt cheap.

MacFall, what kind of pamphlet is yours going to be? I'm mainly looking for ones that aren't too radical, just to start bringing people into the fold... mainly anti-tax and pro-free market stuff that will hit home with the people here in South-East Michigan.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,221
Points 34,050

I actually think a more general pamphlet with a focus on alternative political thought would be far more fetching for the casual person to read.  Something with a title along, "Alternative Politics: New Ideas for Old Problems." 

The title seems general enough to not offend people, while still providing a valid description of the information inside, as far as alternative is concerned.  From a marketing standpoint, I just don't see libertarianism getting much a bite out there with people who are doing their daily routines.

The pamphlet could  run the gamut of possibly, first, introducing a small introduction which goes into a chapter about political compasses (with possible paragraphs sympathezing with both the more leftist & rightist readers), then into libertarianism (and it's basic principles; and yes, preferably without paleo influences), then into subsets of libertarianism or related areas, such as agorism, market anarchism, anarcho-capitalism, minarchism, etc.

It wouldn't be exactly thin, but it wouldn't be a thick book either.  I would think making a thicker than usual pamphlet would increase the potential value of time spent reading.

"Look at me, I'm quoting another user to show how wrong I think they are, out of arrogance of my own position. Wait, this is my own quote, oh shi-" ~ Nitroadict

Not Ranked
Posts 63
Points 800
Junker replied on Fri, Mar 28 2008 4:07 PM

Radical, but some might find use.

http://williamgillis.blogspot.com/2007/11/introducing-market-anarchy-series-state.html 

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 946
Points 15,410
MacFall replied on Fri, Mar 28 2008 5:00 PM

krazy kaju:
MacFall, what kind of pamphlet is yours going to be? I'm mainly looking for ones that aren't too radical, just to start bringing people into the fold... mainly anti-tax and pro-free market stuff that will hit home with the people here in South-East Michigan.

You can read what I've done with it so far here. And I invite you to make comments and ask questions about it, as I am still working on it. 

It is pretty radical: it is my interpretation of what a market anarchist legal code would look like. 

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,221
Points 34,050

I am wondering... if your market anarchist legal code stood up (although, I have yet to read all of it; only briefly skimmed it...), would it aid in the process of counter-economics amid Agorists?  Sort of as a legal code in which helps to represent the eventual goal of Agorism?

"Look at me, I'm quoting another user to show how wrong I think they are, out of arrogance of my own position. Wait, this is my own quote, oh shi-" ~ Nitroadict

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,651
Points 51,325

Junker:

Radical, but some might find use.

http://williamgillis.blogspot.com/2007/11/introducing-market-anarchy-series-state.html 

Thanks Junker, those are some good anarchist pamphlets. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a good printer, so I'd need something I can purchase online. And that is a bit too radical, although it seems good for passing around libertarian circles.

I'll be volunteering my time for the Michigan LP this summer, so maybe I'll give a few of the members some of these pamphlets.

Thanks.

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 946
Points 15,410
MacFall replied on Fri, Mar 28 2008 6:01 PM

Nitroadict:

I am wondering... if your market anarchist legal code stood up (although, I have yet to read all of it; only briefly skimmed it...), would it aid in the process of counter-economics amid Agorists?  Sort of as a legal code in which helps to represent the eventual goal of Agorism?

Well as I said in the post, I did it for my poli-sci class. But what you suggest is precisely why I'm STILL working on it. And I would encourage others with  disagreements to write and publish their own, with modifications - if we're to have polycentric law, why not let it compete now?

Not Ranked
Posts 63
Points 800
Junker replied on Sat, Mar 29 2008 1:27 PM

krazy kaju:
Thanks Junker, those are some good anarchist pamphlets. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a good printer, so I'd need something I can purchase online. And that is a bit too radical, although it seems good for passing around libertarian circles.

I'll be volunteering my time for the Michigan LP this summer, so maybe I'll give a few of the members some of these pamphlets.

Thanks.

Welcome, Kaju. They are rad. You might just email the url to others. Some might run in more rad circles.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS