Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Christine Smith: The LP's True Minarchist?

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,651
Points 51,325
krazy kaju Posted: Tue, Apr 1 2008 7:39 PM

Check her out, she's running for the LP's nomination:

http://christinesmithforpresident.com/

More importantly, check out her stances:

http://christinesmithforpresident.com/cblog/index.php?/archives/75-Where-I-Stand.html

She wants to completely "clean out the LP house."

I haven't read through all of her policies, but she seems like a genuine libertarian, not the "neocon" kind some have been complaining about.

I'm not quite sure how the primaries/caucuses of the Libertarian Party work, but if members of the LP can vote for their favorite candidate for nomination, I suggest that people start registering and becoming members of the LP so we can vote for her and start bringing back a more principled libertarian tradition to the party.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 224
Points 3,785

Christine Smith, straight up libertarian.  There appears to be no strings attatched.  If Ron Paul does not get on a third party ticket or win the nomination (slim chance), I would definetly vote for her (if I was old enough).  I have read through her positions and I am very impressed.  Thanks for the Post Kaju, not sure if I would have found her without it.

...And nobody has ever taught you how to live out on the street, But now you're gonna have to get used to it...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 946
Points 15,410
MacFall replied on Tue, Apr 1 2008 11:01 PM

She's a classy-looking lady, too.

Sorry; off topic. But there are just too few libertarian females in my part of the world.

Pro Christo et Libertate integre!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 235
Points 5,230
shazam replied on Tue, Apr 1 2008 11:05 PM

Kubby and Ruwart are superior in principle, with the latter being a self-described anarchist. Barr would probably have the best chance of giving libertarianism exposure, given that he would basically continue Ron Paul's campaign. While I like Smith's positions on most issues, I wouldn't support her when there are at least two candidates better than her. I would take her over Root, Phillies, and Gravel, though.

Anarcho-capitalism boogeyman

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,651
Points 51,325

shazam:

Kubby and Ruwart are superior in principle, with the latter being a self-described anarchist. Barr would probably have the best chance of giving libertarianism exposure, given that he would basically continue Ron Paul's campaign. While I like Smith's positions on most issues, I wouldn't support her when there are at least two candidates better than her. I would take her over Root, Phillies, and Gravel, though.

Kubby, Ruwart, and Smith all look almost identical IMO.

But it makes it seem like all these rumors going about the Mises boards about the LP straying from its path are not true. I mean, three candidates who are minarchists?

That doesn't seem like straying too far from the path.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 235
Points 5,230
shazam replied on Wed, Apr 2 2008 6:03 PM

Ruwart's actually an anarcho-capitalist, so in my mind, she is better than the other two.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,083
Points 17,700

krazy kaju:

Check her out, she's running for the LP's nomination:

http://christinesmithforpresident.com/

More importantly, check out her stances:

http://christinesmithforpresident.com/cblog/index.php?/archives/75-Where-I-Stand.html

She wants to completely "clean out the LP house."

I haven't read through all of her policies, but she seems like a genuine libertarian, not the "neocon" kind some have been complaining about.

I'm not quite sure how the primaries/caucuses of the Libertarian Party work, but if members of the LP can vote for their favorite candidate for nomination, I suggest that people start registering and becoming members of the LP so we can vote for her and start bringing back a more principled libertarian tradition to the party.

I'm for Brad Spangler's campaign.

Death to the Party!

The Origins of Capitalism

And for more periodic bloggings by moi,

Leftlibertarian.org

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 235
Points 5,230
shazam replied on Wed, Apr 2 2008 7:20 PM

I didn't know Brad Sprangler was running. I thought he just wanted to get rid of the party instead.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,083
Points 17,700

Brad isn't running...

The "campaign" perse is a campaign for destroying the LP

The Origins of Capitalism

And for more periodic bloggings by moi,

Leftlibertarian.org