Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

need author/title of new high school level econ text

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 155
Doug Stewart Posted: Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:07 AM

I can't remember, or find by searching, the author/title of the new high school level economics text someone is publishing recently.  I've seen it on mises.org within the last month or two.  I want to cite it as something an opponent could read if they can't digest Man, Economy, and State.

Can y'all help out?

Tks,  Doug Stewart

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 155

nevermind, I found it.  Robert Murphy's Lessons for the Young Economist

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Head's up for everyone, the Teacher's Manual just came out last month...

Teaching Tomorrow's Economists

All related links can be found at the Mises Wiki article.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 7:33 PM

If you teach AP Econ, they want the standard version.

I also recommend teaching standard economics to actually have the students know what they're discussing if they have to argue against them.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Here's how the manual works: First, before introducing a particular chapter (or lesson), the teacher needs to read it in the student text. Then, the teacher should read the accompanying material in the manual. For each section of each chapter, the manual may give the historical context, clarify the relationship between what the student is learning from the text compared to a typical college textbook, warn about possible confusions the student may encounter, give links for the teacher's own edification (not necessarily to be assigned to the student), and so forth.

wink

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855

Wheylous:
I also recommend teaching standard economics to actually have the students know what they're discussing if they have to argue against them.

I agree. Public Goods Theory = 

If I had a cake and ate it, it can be concluded that I do not have it anymore. HHH

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS