Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Broken Posts

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,415
Points 56,650
filc Posted: Fri, Sep 24 2010 11:21 AM

Hi LS,

This is news to me as I don't see anything broken. I am manually writing the QUOTE block text, and the only cutting and pasting I am doing is from previous posters. Could it be that copying a previous posters text drags or creates DIV tags?

On the rare off case I write the HTML, because I am using my IPAD, I only ever use the P tag. So I am at a loss as to where the DIV tag came from. Could it be that I copied it from Epicurus's post?

Here is an example of how I would typically quote someone.

Liberty Student:
There were DIV tags instead of P tags and that tends to break the forum.  Also, I think the typing of the username into the quote tag is creating an issue because I had to use that to fix the last one.

I can keep correcting it, but I thought I would point it out.  All the subsequent posts get bolded and look weird when that error happens.

I manually typed in the quote block as I normally do. I certainly don't want you to have to go and cleanup after me. It would be cool if we could figure this out. Could it be because I am using chrome?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

I'm not sure.  You're not the only person it happens to, but it happens to your posts frequently.

Next time I spot it, I won't fix it and I will show you the URL so you can check it out.

Cleaning it up has more to do with me being neurotic than with you doing something bad on the forum.  :)

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,415
Points 56,650
filc replied on Fri, Sep 24 2010 12:10 PM

Liberty Student:
Next time I spot it, I won't fix it and I will show you the URL so you can check it out.

Thanks for the help! :)

Sometimes AE makes me neurotic....

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS