Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Swiss Mises Institute - www.mises.ch

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 6
Points 195
Aroux Posted: Tue, Oct 26 2010 4:39 AM

Dear Mises friends

It is also my pleasure to bring your awareness to our newly founded association in Switzerland - the Swiss Mises Institute which you can now reach under http://www.mises.ch.

We started out with German only, but do plan to translate all the contents also in English, French and Italian in time. Yes, for translations we really need your support out there...

Although we originally planned to realize the site also based on the open source from mises.org we finally ended up in doing our own design and content which leaves us with certain advantages (no license costs) but lacks a bit the identification with the great example of mises.org and the LvMI.
We still need to establish a community here in Switzerland although there is definitely some  history here with Mises having lived in Geneva for a while.

I look forward to your comments, suggestions and possibly contributions and remain with a
            tu ne cede malis...Patrik
Dear Mises friends

It is also my pleasure to bring your awareness to our newly founded association in Switzerland - the Swiss Mises Institute which you can now reach under http://www.mises.ch.

We started out with German only, but do plan to translate all the contents also in English, French and Italian in time. Yes, for translations we really need your support out there...

Although we originally planned to realize the site also based on the open source from mises.org we finally ended up in doing our own design and content which leaves us with certain advantages (no license costs) but lacks a bit the identification with the great example of mises.org and the LvMI.
We still need to establish a community here in Switzerland although there is definitely some  history here with Mises having lived in Geneva for a while.

I look forward to your comments, suggestions and possibly contributions and remain with a
Dear Mises friends

Dear Mises friends

Dear Mises friends

tu ne cede malis...PatrikDear Mises friends

Dear friends
Swiss Mises Institute

It is my pleasure to bring to your awareness our newly founded association in Switzerland - the Swiss Mises Institute - which you by now can reach under http://www.mises.ch.

We started out in German only, but do plan to translate all the contents also in English, French and Italian in time. And yes, for all the translation work  we need your support out there...just contact me under: contact(at)mises.ch.

Although we originally planned to realize the site based on open source from mises.org we finally ended up in doing our own design and content. This lacks a bit the immediate identification with the great example of mises.org / LvMI but gives us certain needed flexibility.

A true community still has to be established here in Switzerland although we have here quite some history especially since Ludwig von Mises lived in Geneva for a little while.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,129
Points 16,635
Giant_Joe replied on Tue, Oct 26 2010 8:46 AM

Great work, Patrik and friends! :)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Fantastic Patrik!  Good luck!

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,365
Points 30,945

Do you have any access to items by Mises left in Geneva, any editorials for local newspapers or any writings by him left there?

Are there archives of other people's radio or newspaper discussions with Mises?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 6
Points 195
Aroux replied on Tue, Oct 26 2010 3:06 PM

Dear Prateek

Our association here in Switzerland is committed to do related investigations as soon as we passed over the initial phase of establishing our SMI which is mainly concerned with building a respective community and establishing an online presence able to regularly attract our members and others.

However, I believe you have a very good point and I will try to already find related contacts and information here in Switzerland. Thereafter I'll share it on our webpage and of course with the Mises community.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Kind regards, Patrik

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,739
Points 60,635
Marko replied on Tue, Oct 26 2010 4:14 PM

I see that the other contributor is "one of ours". We ex-Yu people seem to be the new Irish - we are everywhere.

Anyway good luck, and I like the logo.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 233
Points 4,125
Metus replied on Tue, Oct 26 2010 4:32 PM

Good luck and best wishes! It is great that there is finally a german Mises ressource.

Honeste vivere, nemimen laedere, suum cuique tribuere.
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,485
Points 22,155
Kakugo replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 4:39 AM

Nicely done. If you are ever in Lugano give a hoot.

Together we go unsung... together we go down with our people
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS