Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Government is a virus.

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 247
Points 4,415
freeradicals Posted: Sun, Oct 31 2010 5:36 PM

I'm still new to a lot of this but this election cycle has really illuminated to me magnitude of the issue with Government. For example: Meg Whitman's $100M+ financing for her political campaign and our spending of over a trillion dollars to be in an (illegitimate at least according to the NAP) war overseas. Especially after reading Hazlitt's One Lesson it brought me to think about the possibilities for the forgotten man if there was no reason to put money into obtaining power or appealing to special interests.

If that kind of spending was not necessary and we instead spent that capital on advances in the free market without a Government to interfere I believe that by now we would have enough technological advancement to not even NEED a government! Energy, food, water, security and such would already be so cheap and efficient that there would be no need for people to call for a coercive Government.

I'm making this inference by looking at the example of the company I co-founded with a few others. The initial investment was ~$30K. In a few years we've grown the company to be somewhere between $6-9M and that was all through productive means with zero Government involvement. Through the company we've paid out in commissions and wages in excess of $200,000. If $30k and some effort up front produced so much I can't begin to fathom what the millions could have produced had it not been wasted on the Governmental process. That's why I've come to the conclusion that Government is nothing but a virus on humanity and only hinders its progression!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 247
Points 4,415

Indeed! Hah.. I know I'm just preaching to the choir here. I try to bait people on Facebook but people usually end up agreeing with me and the few that do debate me end up running out of talking points.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS