Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

You want to live free?

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,959
Points 55,095
Spideynw Posted: Fri, Nov 5 2010 12:51 PM

Then get Adventures in Legal Land by Marc Stevens, read it, understand it, and then apply it, by doing something small, like driving without a license plate or parking in a no parking zone, get a ticket, and use what you have learned to fight it.  If it works, then do more, like starting a business without a license. Then stop paying taxes. 

At most, I think only 5% of the adult population would need to stop cooperating to have real change.

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Posts 59
Points 1,160

Stop paying taxes? I think it's hard to be free in jail.

English is not my native language
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,959
Points 55,095

BramElias:

Stop paying taxes? I think it's hard to be free in jail.

Have you read Adventures in Legal Land?

At most, I think only 5% of the adult population would need to stop cooperating to have real change.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,289
Points 18,820
MaikU replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 2:06 PM

it's obvious he didn't and neither did I. Just explain in more detail if you know about it.

"Dude... Roderick Long is the most anarchisty anarchist that has ever anarchisted!" - Evilsceptic

(english is not my native language, sorry for grammar.)

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,959
Points 55,095

His strategy is to get the beureaucrats to commit to a position.  For example, in traffic cases, when he gets the cop on the stand, he will make objections because questions made by the prosecutor call for legal conclusions.  The judge will always overrule.  Then when it is his turn, he will ask questions that call for legal conclusions (he explains in the book the questions) as well.  The prosecutor will object since it calls for a legal conclusion.  The judge will always sustain those objections.  He then appeals the case, because the judge is being inconsistent.  Can the cop answer questions that call for legal conclusions or not?  He submits this in his appeal.  There are a lot of other questions he asks or that you can ask to help expose the injustice.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

spidey, check out Robert Arthur:Menard as well.  He's got a few presentations on Google video.

Marc Stevens is great, I need to get his book.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,959
Points 55,095

liberty student:

spidey, check out Robert Arthur:Menard as well.  He's got a few presentations on Google video.

Marc Stevens is great, I need to get his book.

Oh you have got to get the book.  I thought you already had it.

Do you know the channel name for Robert?   I get a bunch of results when I do the search.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,289
Points 18,820
MaikU replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 3:46 PM

Oh... now I remember Marc Stevens, just looked on YouTube... Yeah. he is pretty cool guy, eh mocks judges and doesnt afraid of anything.

There was also an old video with Stef and him, that's where I saw this guy for the first time. Then I saw his another video where he is debating some congressman about "voluntary" taxation. (apparently I don't find this vid in my favs, even though I remember adding it).

So yeah.

"Dude... Roderick Long is the most anarchisty anarchist that has ever anarchisted!" - Evilsceptic

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,532
Points 84,495

Exploiting the system's stupidity is not freedom. When the system fears you, that's freedom.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 144
Points 3,670

When the system fears you, that's freedom.

What you're saying sounds cool, but I disagree. That would insinuate that such a system is antecedent to freedom.

-- edit --

Oops. Freedom is antecedent to such a system. Sorry. :)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580

"The judge will always sustain those objections.  He then appeals the case, because the judge is being inconsistent.  Can the cop answer questions that call for legal conclusions or not?  He submits this in his appeal.  There are a lot of other questions he asks or that you can ask to help expose the injustice."

I didn't understand any of that...can you break it down in more simple terms?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,417
Points 41,720
Nielsio replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 8:42 PM

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,055
Points 41,895

Do you know the channel name for Robert?   I get a bunch of results when I do the search.

Anything with him speaking is good.  He wears a black hat.  There is also http://thinkfree.ca/.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,959
Points 55,095

Thanks Caley.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,959
Points 55,095

limitgov:

"The judge will always sustain those objections.  He then appeals the case, because the judge is being inconsistent.  Can the cop answer questions that call for legal conclusions or not?  He submits this in his appeal.  There are a lot of other questions he asks or that you can ask to help expose the injustice."

I didn't understand any of that...can you break it down in more simple terms?

Prosecutor asks cop a question that calls for a legal conclusion.

Marc objects because question calls for a legal conclusion.

Judge overrules objection

Marc asks cop a question that calls for a legal conclusion.

Prosecutor objects because question calls for a legal conclusion

Judge sustains the objection

The judge is being inconsistent.  Either the cop can or the cop cannot answer questions that call for legal conclusions.  It is obvious he is objecting or sustaining based on who is asking the questions.  It obviously helps the prosecution and hurts the defense, because he sustains or overrules based on who is asking the questions.

Marc will appeal the decision, if the decision is guilty, based partially on this.  He will also appeal on the basis that they won't provide the facts of jurisdiction, standing, and other things.  Really, you just need to read the book to understand.  It will open your mind like never before.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,249
Points 70,775

I want to live FOR free

My humble blog

It's easy to refute an argument if you first misrepresent it. William Keizer

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,959
Points 55,095

Stranger:

Exploiting the system's stupidity is not freedom. When the system fears you, that's freedom.

I think opening a business and not asking for the government's permission is a good start.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,289
Points 18,820
MaikU replied on Mon, Nov 8 2010 10:21 AM

To offer an example, many modern (amateur and pro's) musicians earn money using only PayPal. I am considering doing the same in the future too :)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov replied on Mon, Nov 8 2010 11:35 AM

"Prosecutor asks cop a question that calls for a legal conclusion."

what do you mean by legal conclusion?

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,959
Points 55,095
Spideynw replied on Mon, Nov 8 2010 11:59 AM

For example, how many elements are there in a contract?  That is a question that calls for a legal conclusion.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 139
Points 2,270

Marc's book doesn't seem easy to find, but I'm intrigued now. Thank you for posting this.

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 792
Points 13,825

Marc's book doesn't seem easy to find, but I'm intrigued now. Thank you for posting this.

Try here.

You'll probaly want the second link, labelled "Store".

faber est suae quisque fortunae

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,959
Points 55,095

You can only get his book on his website, marcstevens.net.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,959
Points 55,095
Spideynw replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 11:47 AM

Here is one of his radio shows that I think does a really good job of explaining what he does:

http://voluncast.com/nostateproject/NSP%202010-11-06%20-%20Texas%20Workshop%20Edition.mp3

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 694
Points 11,400
Joe replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 12:52 PM

Would also suggest checking out some of the Free State trials in New Hampshire, especially Keene.  Although we don't usually win we get it on video and expose court for what it is.

Judge:  Do you have any intention of paying the fine?

Ian Freeman:  I don't pay fines to criminal organizations

and then the Judged doubled the fine.  Pretty sure he appealed and got off or reduced by a large margin though.

New Hampshire is also safe because you will get dozens of people to show up to support you at trial and keep video cameras on you whenever you interact with law enforcement.

Page 1 of 1 (25 items) | RSS