Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Guerrilla Warfare Techniques

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,434
Points 29,210
BrianAnderson Posted: Sat, Nov 27 2010 8:01 PM

Can anyone recommend good books (or DVDs if necessary) on guerrilla warfare techniques? I've always been really interested in learning about how to do certain things related to guerrilla warfare. I got The Anarchist Cookbook a few years ago, but it didn't really give much information. Anything from hand-to-hand combat to growing/cooking food to traps/etc. would be great. I know there are a lot of U.S. military-issued books, but I'm looking for alternatives if you guys have any recommendations!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Why do you think this topic is a good idea for a thread on this forum?

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,434
Points 29,210

I don't know? Is it not? I just remembered someone talking about the only 'legitimate' form of fighting as being guerrilla warfare, so I thought it would be an interesting thread.

Sorry if it was inappropriate...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,651
Points 51,325

Che & Mao are good starting points. Amazon will help you on your quest with their awesome book recommendations. I've read a few books about guerilla warfare and insurgency myself. It really gives you a certain depth on what's going on in Iraq and Afghanistan right now. It also allows you to peek into mass psychology somewhat. Interesting stuff.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 209
Points 3,595

Don't know if you've heard of Survivalblog.com, but it is the most popular preparedness site out there. James Rawles, the editor, gets about 200 emails a day and posts the best of them. Do a search on his site for what you want. He also has a list of "must have" books here:

http://www.survivalblog.com/bookshelf.html

Check out my video, Ron Paul vs Lincoln! And share my PowerPoint with your favorite neo-con
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 11,343
Points 194,945
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

Brian Anderson:
Sorry if it was inappropriate...

Think about the sort of scrutiny and criticism you are bringing to LvMI when you post or request information about violence.

"When you're young you worry about people stealing your ideas, when you're old you worry that they won't." - David Friedman
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 42
Points 855

We're all on a list already. We might as well get on all of them.

"In a modern democracy, no matter whom you vote for, the government always gets elected" -Christopher Westley

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 154
Points 3,150
GooPC replied on Sun, Nov 28 2010 10:57 AM

For "lighter" tactics, take a look at Ecodefense: A Field Guide to Monkeywrenching. I think you can find a pdf version of the whole book online.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS