Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

where, online is economics derived, a priori?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 25
Chris Tolworthy Posted: Sat, Feb 5 2011 2:59 PM

This is my first post, so apologies if it's an obvious question but I can't find the answer online. I've read on different web sites and blogs that Mises derived his economic theory a priori, based on pure reason. Is this derivation online anywhere? i.e. is there a web site that shows, step by step, how A leads to B, and B leads to C, etc., in terms of abstract liogic? I've often thought that a purely logical economic theory should be possible, and I'd love to see if someone has already done it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 508
Points 8,570

Well, the complete way to find out is to read Human Action, which is avaialbe for free on this website.  Man, Economy, and State by Rothbard, is a little more readable, and also free here (I think).  Both of these are over a thousand pages though, so they might be a little much for just starting out.

A simple and entertaining way to get the gist of it might be Lilbure's (Danny Sanchez) Human Action Comics:

http://anthropica.blogspot.com/2009/10/introducing-human-action-comics-by.html

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 25

This is wonderful! As a fan of the comic form I know which one I'll be reading first. (I'm also not averse to the odd thousand page text, so I know where to go next). Many thanks for the prompt answer!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,434
Points 29,210

Well, the complete way to find out is to read Human Action, which is avaialbe for free on this website.  Man, Economy, and State by Rothbard, is a little more readable, and also free here (I think).  Both of these are over a thousand pages though, so they might be a little much for just starting out.

A simple and entertaining way to get the gist of it might be Lilbure's (Danny Sanchez) Human Action Comics:

http://anthropica.blogspot.com/2009/10/introducing-human-action-comics-by.html 

Great post. I hadn't seen these before. They make everything so clear.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS