Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Starting this Wednesday: Study Man, Economy, and State with Robert Murphy

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,260
Points 61,905
ForumsAdministrator
Staff
SystemAdministrator
Daniel James Sanchez Posted: Sat, Apr 23 2011 10:12 AM

I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that this is a historic event in economics education, and a mind-boggling opportunity for fans of Austrian Economics.

Austrian Economics 1: Praxeology through Price Theory with Robert P. Murphy, COST: $145, LENGTH: 8 WEEKS, DATES: APRIL 27, 2011 - JUNE 14, 2011

This course is systematic study of the fundamentals of Austrian Economics.  As well as being an excellent introduction to economic reasoning, principles, and advanced concepts on its own, it is the first of a series of courses that will cover the definitive textbook on Austrian Economics, Murray Rothbard’s Man, Economy, and State, in its entirety.  This series of courses will provide a comprehensive education in sound economic science.  This particular course covers the first 4 chapters (318 pages) of Man, Economy, and State (“Fundamentals of Human Action”, “Direct Exchange”, “The Pattern of Indirect Exchange”, and “Prices and Consumption”).

"the obligation to justice is founded entirely on the interests of society, which require mutual abstinence from property" -David Hume
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Points 900
JonnyD replied on Sat, Apr 23 2011 10:32 AM

I'll be there!

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,260
Points 61,905
ForumsAdministrator
Staff
SystemAdministrator

That's great JonnyD!

"the obligation to justice is founded entirely on the interests of society, which require mutual abstinence from property" -David Hume
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 429
Points 7,400

Just registed :)

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,260
Points 61,905
ForumsAdministrator
Staff
SystemAdministrator

Fantastic, NAA!

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 694
Points 11,400
Joe replied on Mon, Apr 25 2011 10:41 PM

I stopped signing up for David Gordon's epistemology course at the last second because I saw this course was in the pipeline.  Hope that its offered again sometime in the future so I can take that as well.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 3,260
Points 61,905
ForumsAdministrator
Staff
SystemAdministrator

This online course starts tomorrow!  Don't miss this chance to dive into Man, Economy, and State, the definitive textbook on Austrian Economics with economist Robert Murphy, the author of the treatise's study guide, as your tutor!

Every year students fly across the country and over oceans to get this kind of an in-depth exploration of Austrian economic science at the Rothbard Graduate Seminar in Auburn. This is your chance to receive that kind of instruction from the comfort of your own home.

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,249
Points 29,610

I too considered this "historic" when I first heard about it; the Mises Academy is evolving into a truly breakthrough technology for Austro-libertarianism.

If only they would let David Friedman or someone have a course on mainstream economics! I'd sign up!

"I'm not a fan of Murray Rothbard." -- David D. Friedman

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS