Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Has Osama Bin Laden Been Dead For Years as Many Have Said?

This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov Posted: Mon, May 2 2011 10:09 AM

Noone seems to believe the media and US government anymore.

In February, 2004, Iranian state radio claimed Osama bin Laden had been captured in Pakistan’s border region with Afghanistan “a long time ago.” Pentagon and Pakistani officials denied the report. “Osama bin Laden has been arrested a long time ago, but Bush is intending to use it for propaganda maneuvering in the presidential election,” the radio report said.

In 2002, Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf said bin Laden had kidney disease, and that he had required a dialysis machine when he lived in Afghanistan. That same year, the FBI’s top counterterrorism official, Dale Watson, said, “I personally think he is probably not with us anymore.”

http://www.infowars.com/red-alert-government-had-osama-bin-laden-frozen-for-years/

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,651
Points 51,325

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a big believer in the US government or the US media. But you're choosing to believe the Iranian media and the Pakistani government? C'mon, use a little common sense here.

As for the dialysis machine, I'm pretty sure Osama could've had one in that compound he was living in.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 743
Points 11,795

Common sense tells me that someone would've noticed him living in that mansion built back in 2005 in a city like Abbottabad a long time ago, especially the pakistani government. Why trust this piece of US gov't news? 

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,651
Points 51,325

It's not that easy to catch people who have a lot of popular support in a certain area. Sometimes the best place to hide is in plain sight.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 743
Points 11,795

I think thats crap.  Especially in an area like that so close to Islamabad I highly doubt theres all that much support for him, although I can't give you polls just anecdotal evidence since most of my family live over there. There's way too many people in Pakistan that would love the money they'd receive in exchange for outing someone who lived in a spot like he did. Its hard for me to believe the Pakistani military and ISI had no clue about this, and if they did, why would they ever let US special forces in to do the job inside their country instead of doing it themselves.

Its all just a bit too convenient. I don't even see the big deal even if it was him that they killed, its not as if Taliban follow his orders, they'll fight as long as the US occupies their land. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov replied on Mon, May 2 2011 12:37 PM

Just in time for an election year!  Awesome timing.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 170
Points 2,290
Bearchu. replied on Mon, May 2 2011 12:45 PM

Persoanlly, i dont think any of those news organization are telling the truth.  I mean who really knows? And I def think it has to do with rallying americans for 2012 election year.

with a little "Look what OBAMA did with his presidency!"  HE got Usama...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

krazy kaju:

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a big believer in the US government or the US media. But you're choosing to believe the Iranian media and the Pakistani government? C'mon, use a little common sense here.

As for the dialysis machine, I'm pretty sure Osama could've had one in that compound he was living in.

If we go down that path, then we can't believe anyone ever.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 71
Points 1,660
AaronBurr replied on Tue, May 3 2011 11:55 AM

Any one who beleives that Bush knows all about Osama being dead but has decided to let Obama take the credit is seriously lacking some braincells.

Bring back the Gold standard.
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,739
Points 60,635
Marko replied on Tue, May 3 2011 12:46 PM

Any one who beleives that Bush knows all about Osama being dead but has decided to let Obama take the credit is seriously lacking some braincells.

Anybody who believes it is impossible for people to die without Bush knowing about it is making a pretty big assumption.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS