Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Hunting and gathering

rated by 0 users
This post has 222 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 531
Points 10,985

"That's still a market. Anything voluntary is a market. I'm willing to bet that H/Gs were anarcho-capitalist and remained that way until ag lead to civ and civ lead to the state."

I never said it wasn't a market...

"Name me one book aside from Graebers which proves your claims."

Name one that supports yours...

Any book, hell even the wikipedia entry, on promissory notes. Funny enough, even wikipedia notes the inconvenience of precious metals compared to promissory notes.

You'll also note that it was the government that took over this system and turned into a way of establishing nation-state credit rather than, well, anything.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Since you claim to know so much about money, tell me when gold was first used as currency and why.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Fri, Dec 23 2011 8:27 PM

Since you claim to know so much about money, tell me when gold was first used as currency and why.

Can you?  Do you know ever currency of every tribe, people, nation?

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 531
Points 10,985

Lol.

I'm not really interested at this point. Arguing against the same empty assertions gets boring.

Tell me more about the magical land of New Hampshire instead.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Easy: natives used wampum. Not gold but it's still money. Gold is much better then wampum b/c of the qualities I mentioned 10000 times before.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 21,840

That answer is pretty easy:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=when+was+gold+first+used

"As in a kaleidoscope, the constellation of forces operating in the system as a whole is ever changing." - Ludwig Lachmann

"When A Man Dies A World Goes Out of Existence"  - GLS Shackle

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Tell me more about the magical land of New Hampshire instead.

Just check out:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridleyReport

http://freekeene.com/

http://www.freemanch.com/

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 531
Points 10,985
"Tell me when gold was used!" "Easy! Wampums! Except they weren't gold! But it still counts!" "White people are smart!" F4M, you are a caricature of what it means to be reactionary. While Reagan sought the fifties, and fascists sought a type of corporate monarchy, you say fuck it all we should be hunter gatherers.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

"Tell me when gold was used!" "Easy! Wampums! Except they weren't gold! But it still counts!" "White people are smart!" F4M, you are a caricature of what it means to be reactionary. While Reagan sought the fifties, and fascists sought a type of corporate monarchy, you say fuck it all we should be hunter gatherers.

It doesn't matter. Civ is on its way to collapse. Probably for good in 30 years from now.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Civ = aggression

I adhere to the NAP and I feel that leaving civ is a good step towards ending aggression.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

More reason to avoid tap and bottled water and switch to clean streams.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

http://www.naturalnews.com/034517_complex_societies_collapse_2012.html

2012 may be the year when civilization's collapse starts to become more visible.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

http://www.onlygold.com/tutorialpages/historyfs.htm

Gold will ALWAYS have value and was ALWAYS valued.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Articles on collapse.

http://www.vhemt.org/collapse.htm

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35

Freedom4Me73986:

I'm looking more into survivalism. I'm sure there will be a collapse sometime in the near future. Part of me thinks that the most free anyone can be is living like a hunter gatherer. I want to live by myself in New Hampshire with no neighbors where I'll hunt and gather my food supply. I'll also bring my gold and silver with me in case I have to go into civilization to buy what I need.

We don't know what the state is putting in our food supply and medicine (there's a reason why the number of children being diagnosed with mental disorders has gone way up in the past 20 years), and the state has done so much to dumb us down through government schools. We need to start living off the land again free from the state and others.

What does everyone think about living like a hunter gatherer?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 743
Points 11,795

Hey Freedom4me- what part of New Hampshire do you think is good for a non-white person to visit or live in?

I visited claremont with a friend a few years ago and the racism was pretty damn open. I don't wanna paint everyone in the state with a broad brush, but seeing as you've indicated before you don't want to associate with black people(although I'm not sure what amount of melanin is necessary for you to decide whether to associate with someone or not)- perhaps someone like you would be able to point to the right direction since you relate to that kind of culture more. This a serious question by the way. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Hey Freedom4me- what part of New Hampshire do you think is good for a non-white person to visit or live in?

Salem or Nashua.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Ag, civ and tech = the WORST things to happen to the human race

Page 6 of 6 (223 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS