Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Can Ron Paul really end the FED?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 13 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
1,149 Posts
Points 23,875
Freedom4Me73986 posted on Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:47 PM

Can he? Supposing Dr. Paul gets elected president how would he be able to end the FED? There are tons of people who have an incentive to keep the FED around that he'll have to go against. It's just him and a handful of others in DC who want to end it. Do you think FED ending is realistic?

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Male
5,118 Posts
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

If he can get elected, then he can end the Fed.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
1,149 Posts
Points 23,875

If he can get elected, then he can end the Fed.

I need an explanation on how he will end the FED. There are lots of people who manipulate the state to keep the FED going. It won't be as simple as signing a bill that ends the FED and goes back to gold and silver.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
424 Posts
Points 5,980
Suggested by No2statism

He could sign an Executive Order and do about anything he wants.

He would sign one that would repeal the legal tender laws.  Although it would probably be worded so that it makes virtually anything currency.  He could also withrawal Federal Funds from the Federal Reserve System.  He could order CIA to steal the info he wants and have it published to undermine confidence.  But some of these include wrecking the economy.

Eating Propaganda

What do you mean i don't care how your day was?!

Top 75 Contributor
1,149 Posts
Points 23,875

But some of these include wrecking the economy.

Like what?

And how would you prevent the FED from being recreated? What happens if a counter-revolution happens and Dr. Paul's work goes down the toilet?

Top 10 Contributor
Male
6,885 Posts
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Fri, Jun 24 2011 12:04 AM

One word: JFK

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
Top 75 Contributor
1,149 Posts
Points 23,875

One word: JFK

I forgot about that.

Top 200 Contributor
424 Posts
Points 5,980
Suggested by No2statism

Two things: If Paul instructed CIA to steal any info regarding international dealings and the NY FED (if wikileaks doesn't already have them).  I bet the info, when released, would destroy confidence in US financial markets.  Bernanke doesn't want that full audit cause it will, "undermine market confidence.".......

2: I doubt it was the banks that had JFK killed.  I mean minting like $4 million in 1's and 5's is pretty insignificant.  It was, i think, the CIA, Pentagon, and Mafia merging with US heavy industry (oil/construction)

Eating Propaganda

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
1,149 Posts
Points 23,875

I see, and that makes sense. BUT what happens if the bankers want to recreate the FED as soon as Dr. Paul is out of office. What would happen then?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
424 Posts
Points 5,980

Then he leaves office and it is up to the people to prevent them from doing it again.  And hopefully we could destroy all of the power they have ammassed through the system.  Making it difficult for them to succeed.

PIPEDREAMING IS COOL.  haha, but maybe it can serve as motivation for others to help break the apathy and help inform other people.

Eating Propaganda

Top 10 Contributor
Male
6,885 Posts
Points 121,845

2: I doubt it was the banks that had JFK killed.  I mean minting like $4 million in 1's and 5's is pretty insignificant.  It was, i think, the CIA, Pentagon, and Mafia merging with US heavy industry (oil/construction)

Doesn't matter who did it... the point is that the Establishment owns the Office of the President. There's truth to what Hicks said on the subject:

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
Top 200 Contributor
424 Posts
Points 5,980

No arguments on that here.  My rational is simply that the banks could have at any point done this with Eisenhouer.  Why did they not?  Was he just in it to win it or was he being pushed around by the Dulles bothers and the Bush/Harriman mafia?  Was his speech really a straight forward warning that these people were delusional with power lust?  Or are we looking at a technocratic hidden world government elite like Huxley and Wells suggest?

Eating Propaganda

Not Ranked
22 Posts
Points 350

Could George Washington really overcome King George?

Apparently, yes. And it only took a few years.

"...a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy..."
Top 500 Contributor
Male
170 Posts
Points 2,290

Freedom4Me73986:

I see, and that makes sense. BUT what happens if the bankers want to recreate the FED as soon as Dr. Paul is out of office. What would happen then?

I think it is up to those who know about the evils of central banking to spread the word to those who don't.  And that isn't easy.  People always respond , "Paul's crazy idea to audit the fed and return to some kind of commodity standard is not something we as a nation need to worry about."

I'm not saying it is impossible, it is just very hard when people fail to realize that alot of the problems "we" need to worry about as a nation are cause by the fed in the first place.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS