Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

NPR Covers PorcFest

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,434
Points 29,210
BrianAnderson Posted: Tue, Jun 28 2011 9:01 PM

Check out the 25-minute audio segment here. Interesting how much attention libertarianism is getting the past two years.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

LOL! A statist program covering PorcFest. I guess pigs are finally flying.

I know a lot of people on here may say different, but I truly believe the only chance we have at creating a voluntary society is to move to NH and create one there. I can't think of anywhere else that's more accepting of us. Yes NH has its corrupt cops and bureaucrats but it's still better than Maryland, Connecticut, Michigan and the rest of them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov replied on Tue, Jun 28 2011 10:16 PM

"I know a lot of people on here may say different, but I truly believe the only chance we have at creating a voluntary society is to move to NH and create one there. I can't think of anywhere else that's more accepting of us. Yes NH has its corrupt cops and bureaucrats but it's still better than Maryland, Connecticut, Michigan and the rest of them."

The free state project, yes, I agree.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

The free state project, yes, I agree.

Yes, but I think it needs to be more than that. The rampant loss of liberty is alarming. I don't want to sound paranoid here but I'm thinking we should create some kind of "emergency" program to move liberty-seekers to NH quickly and easily. It's only a matter of time before liberty everywhere else dries up for good.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,434
Points 29,210

I don't want to sound paranoid here but I'm thinking we should create some kind of "emergency" program to move liberty-seekers to NH quickly and easily.

Cop Block has been doing a really good job at explaining corruption in the Keene (and general New Hampshire) justice system. I have a feeling something really good will happen due to our generation.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

I don't want to sound paranoid here but I'm thinking we should create some kind of "emergency" program to move liberty-seekers to NH quickly and easily.

Cop Block has been doing a really good job at explaining corruption in the Keene (and general New Hampshire) justice system. I have a feeling something really good will happen due to our generation.

OK. But the justice system in NH seems much better than it is elsewhere.

I'm serious about an emergency move. Liberty-lovers should make plans to move to NH before 2013.

https://freestateproject.org/join

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Sun, Jul 10 2011 12:13 AM

-Bob Murphy on his PorcFest experience

-Robert Smith appeared on NPR's PlanetMoney podcast and spoke about his time at the festival there.  (A decent amount of the audio is the same as what was used in the NPR's Morning Edition mentioned above and on the LRC blog, but it's still nice to hear him in an actual conversation about it as opposed to a report.)

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS