Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Your favorite podcasts, media programs, etc. on politics (and other subjects)

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 1,140
Ytterbium Posted: Wed, Jun 29 2011 10:02 PM

Mises Community Members--

I got a job over the summer (doing mostly filework) in an office, and since I work alone most of the time on this filework, I have the opportunity to listen to tons of podcasts and audiobooks.  

It's more educational than high school--and I get paid, to boot!  But I need more suggestions.  Lew Rockwell can't churn out podcasts as fast as I can listen, and though I've barely scratched the surface of the Mises audio library, I would love to listen to podcasts or media programs from other political points of view (I need to gain skills in argument and debate; learning to refute the other side).  

If you guys know of any other great programs in history, science, literature, philosophy, law, or any academic subject, I'd also really love to hear your recommendations.  

Thanks!

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Wed, Jun 29 2011 11:38 PM

Any of the podcasts from iTunes U would probably work as some instruction in the mainstream.  Yale, Harvard, MIT, Standford, and UC Berkeley all have courses available in at least some (if not all) of the subjects you listed.  I also like EconTalk with Russ Roberts.  He once told of a janitor that spends the graveyard shift buffing the floors of a building and has learned everything he knows from the hours upon hours of audio of Roberts and the discussions with top professionals.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,739
Points 60,635
Marko replied on Thu, Jun 30 2011 12:35 AM

Podcasts I listen to (aside from the mentioned Lew Rockwell Show and the stuff on mises.org) :

Antiwar Radio

Boiling Frogs Show

Electric Politics  (some of them, others are weird)

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS