Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

TODAY (final day) Ron Paul Campaign end of the quarter PUSH

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,417
Points 41,720
Nielsio replied on Thu, Jun 30 2011 11:17 AM

I saw a speech by him asking people to donate. But he didn't say what he was gonna do with that money. That doesn't seem right to me.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Thu, Jun 30 2011 11:55 AM

I assume it is assumed the money donated to a campaign for president would be used to get the most possible positive exposure for the candidate and his message.  It is not exactly common for candidates to spend valuable time explaining exactly what they plan to spend campaign donations on.  What exactly were you looking for?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 424
Points 5,980
Em_ptySkin replied on Thu, Jun 30 2011 12:16 PM

He's probably gonna spend it on drugs, guns, and hookers. After all he's pro-freedom and pro 2nd amendment.  Totally mainstream-old school meets iconoclastic-contemporary.

Yup, there's is no way that he is gonna be, literally, buying heavy media coverage campaign space at future debates and polls or because it costs money to get into the center and not be placed on the outside of the stage.  Or paying for travel expenses.  Or paying employees.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jun/24/news/la-pn-iowa-straw-poll-20110623

I wouldn't trust him either.  Romney and Newt openly give their money to people like Rove so that they can 'strategize' their way into the public psyche through utilizing "scripts" that take advantage of people's gullibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_for_Propaganda_Analysis 

Eating Propaganda

What do you mean i don't care how your day was?!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Already topped $4 million.  How high can we go??  Keep spreading the word.  If this pace is kept up it could go to 5. cool

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS