Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Minister Joseph Kirk

rated by 0 users
This post has 63 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 165
mickst3r Posted: Wed, Jul 13 2011 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/ministerjosephkirk#p/u This guy seems to have just popped up in the last few days; statist / Fed apologist who seems intent on completely muddling people's views on Ron Paul. In this video: http://www.youtube.com/user/ministerjosephkirk#p/u/2/dwxUaNCDr8c he attempts to smear Rothbard, Austrian Economics, and sound money by displaying Austria's CURRENT economic performance. Of course, this is all mixed in with contradicting images that I had difficulty interpreting. My question is, were there these kind of misinformation attempts in 2008? Is this the FED's last gasping attempts at saving itself? Try not to have a brain aneurysm watching even one of the videos.
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 102
Points 1,830

His criticism of Austrian Economics:

"The Austrian economy shrank by 1.5% in Q1 2009, accelerating the downtrend after a contraction of minus 0.2% (preliminary) in Q4 2008. According to a (German Language only) press release from the Austrian central bank the negative growth figure came in much higher than the forecast of minus 0.5%. Austria faces stiff headwinds from the economic downturn in Germany, its main trading partner, and Central Eastern Europe [CEE], the backyard of Austria's economic expansion since 1990"

I some ways that makes more sense than most of the mainstream economics' criticism towards AE. Kudos to him, I guess.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,037
Points 17,975
John Ess replied on Thu, Jul 14 2011 2:15 PM

You can pretty guess nonsense is coming when you read 'minister' before his name.  And know he is on youtube.

Religion plus youtube is not a proud combination.

Unless he means one of the ministries of Oceania...

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

Well it was made so the younger less educated could get it. However it is true. You know what Ron Paul is really about. Ask A question and Ill answer but save your insults for a minister of the deity is about truth not propaganda. Public ministers still exist in America Ron Paul forgot to read that article in the original text not his version...Amen

Austrian economics were failing so they tried a bank run on the U.S.

I guess the Austrian banks should have not invested so deeply in the German banks ~GuArDiAn

And please be polite when debating insults show lack of candor.....

Nice reply Frederique Bastiao Kudos indeed you got it.

Minister Joseph

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb-pH2EmgN0&feature=player_profilepage

yep this one was good......

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 1:55 PM
ministerjosephkirk:
What exactly was "good" about that horrid little bit of agitprop? What is the basis for your comparison of ron paul to hitler?
Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

Oh I just stopped all the corruption he was causing thats all.........it's been fun.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 2:02 PM
So your only two arguments are a picture of ron paul with his arm outstretched....and what else? At least this one had decent music.
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 2:03 PM
How so?
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 2:11 PM
Tl;dr, if you cannot find a middle ground between mindless youtube videos and excessively verbose essays that address the question obliquely, because the attempt to broadly characterize the political history of the us in the 20th century as an introduction then you know very little indeed about propaganda. In fact, if you have been unable to get your message out in these past few posts, its highly likely that your take on the modern propaganda machines is inaccurate and ill-informed. Chances are, you are hit-mining and so I refuse to play your little game.

would you now like to substantiate your gratuituous conflations or is time for you to find another forum?

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

you ask for a short answer to a very complex organized thing so the devil is quick with his tongue I am not...... educated people read read the one abot Ron Paul.....there is your answer there will be no twisting things up here with a Minister.

Amen

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

I came here because you wrote about me so I answered so start reading you asked I answered informatively not casually....

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 516
Points 7,190
bbnet replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 2:48 PM

gnik si natas

scimonoce nairtsua ton si ymonoce nairtsua eht

tsirhcitna eht ton si luap nor

We are the soldiers for righteousness
And we are not sent here by the politicians you drink with - L. Dube, rip

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 2:57 PM
ministerjosephkirk:

you ask for a short answer to a very complex organized thing so the devil is quick with his tongue I am not...... educated people read read the one abot Ron Paul.....there is your answer there will be no twisting things up here with a Minister.

Amen

I read it. You are completely lost and engaging in emotional hyperbole. You appeared not to understand the article you were attempting to fisk. You were trying to parse terms that were clearly defined, as in the intragovernmental debt not being "tied to specific obligations." you act as though since the obligation is general, the article claims it doesnt exist. Obviously there is an obligation to repay, thats what makes it debt. The terms of the bond are simply loosely defined.

you also attack statements that refer to the public-private nature of the fed as though confusion on this matter is the fault of ron paul. Perhaps you could explain whether the fed is public or private?

you make reference to the fact that destruction of the bonds would cause the value of the dollar to plummet, as if that is a bad thing. Surely you dont suggest that making more and more loans and flooding the market with dollars, as the fed has done, would not have the same effect?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,360
Points 43,785
z1235 replied on Sat, Nov 12 2011 6:49 PM

Malachi, pls give it a rest. The guy is completely and literally mad. 

/thread

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

After enjoying solid growth rates until Q3 2008 the Austrian economy fell off a cliff. Forecasters are of differing opinions when Austria will return to positive growth. Chart courtesy of OeNB.Central bank governor Nowotny said in the release,

"we expect economic activity to bottom out in the first half of 2009. The (recent) tax reform and economic stimuli should stabilize growth later."

The central bank is cautious about the short term outlook due to strongly declining export orders. Most crucial is an EU emergency package for Eastern Europe since Austrian banks have lent some €230 billion to the region, outpacing all other foreign banks by multiples. As most of these loans are denominated in Euros and Swiss Francs East Europeans confront higher payments every month due to the weakness of their respective local currencies.
EU Leaders Thumb Down Aid Package for Eastern Europe
An aid package envisioned by Austria has been rebuffed by the EU, reported the Wall Street Journal on Friday.

European Union leaders, meeting at a Brussels summit, rejected calls to expand their fiscal-stimulus policies, or to boost aid for struggling Eastern European countries.
The EU leaders said they are willing to provide $75 billion to increase the International Monetary Fund's war chest, provided the U.S. and China also pledge money. The IMF is seeking to double its resources for helping countries to $500 billion from $250 billion.
But key EU countries including Germany and the U.K., are opposed to expanding the bloc's own fund for helping ailing economies in Central and Eastern Europe.

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

Eastern European countries gave an apocalyptic warning yesterday of hordes of unemployed workers heading west as a new Iron Curtain divides rich from poor inside Europe.

Twenty years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, Western leaders were told yesterday that five million jobs could be lost in the “new” European Union countries of the East unless radical action were taken to bail them out.

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

If the Government is serious about creating a level playing field, and minimising what is now a growing risk of serious disorder in the summer months as unemployment surges, it will this day restrict access to the British labour market.
The one simple move it should make is to require employers, who are now in the habit of going abroad to find their workers, first to advertise their vacancies with Jobcentre Plus. Without these vacancies being advertised for a couple of weeks, say, no employer will be given a work permit to import a non-European worker into the British Labour market.

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

The following passages are excerpts from Charles Kindleberger’s book "The World in Depression

The demise of the Creditanstalt and the Austrian government was followed by a run on Germany and an attack on Sterling, which was depreciated a massive 25 percent as a result. Afterwards, central banks began a run on the U.S. dollar, liquidating it for gold. The banks included the Bank of France, the National Bank of Belgium, the Netherlands Bank and the Swiss National Bank. The result was an immediate need to increase the interest rate in the U.S. from 1.5 to 3.5 percent.

These events triggered further panics and bank runs in the U.S.. Later, the U.S. dollar was depreciated and multiple bank holidays were called to contain the panic.  The U.S. economy bottomed only in April 1933.

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

Our overall readings on the web suggest to us that there is a silent but sure to be deadly trending going on right now. The media is not covering it, your broker is not telling you and your financial adviser is not advising you. Only the informed blogging world is leading with this story. Also note that this will be a great chance to profit.
image1

The deadly trend: A European wide bank run.

We know folks in Portugal, Ireland and Greece took their funds out of their banks and purchased gold, Swiss franc and Yen. But things just moved to defcon 2, Italy and Spain banks have deposits falling, the money is finding other ‘non Euro’ safe places to hide.

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

“Know ‘Ayn Rand’ and you will know Ron Paul and what a danger he poses to our freedom. Know the machinations of the Bolshevik ‘Trust’ and you will know why the supposedly anti-Zionist and anti-Communist movements in America have always been farces headed by Jews and funded with Jewish money, and why they promote Ron Paul. Understand why no advancements are made in the fight against Zionism and why these front organizations are such an embarrassment to authentic anti-Zionists, why they did nothing during the Israeli attack on Lebanon, why they do nothing to rescue the Palestinians, why they have done nothing to impeach Bush and Cheney, etc. etc. etc. Know also why at critical moments they stage fights among their members and subvert momentum and misinform and mislead wherever possible...” 

Libertarianism is a front for the Austrian School of Ludwig von Mises, co-conspirator with Count Coudenhove-Kalergi who, with Archduke Otto von Hapsburg, established the Pan European Union with funding from Rothschild and Warburg. The Austrian School of Economics promised Americans personal economic freedom, however, unfettered, free market economics has sold the U.S. into economic slavery to the international Jewish banking cartel.

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

“Paul wants to create private gold banks, which obviously will be international and become the centralized entirely private Jewish controlled World bank Paul’s bosses seek to institute as a mechanism of World control. This new Jewish monopoly on banking and gold will give World Jewry even greater control over money and it will be entirely detached from any country’s government. This is the ultimate privatization of money creation and money supply which International Jewry has always sought. Even the system described in Carroll Quigley’s book does not give World Jewry the power they will obtain under Ron Paul’s system, which extant system has already done so much harm to the Third World and the American dollar,

“‘The powers of financial capitalism had another far reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements, arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences. The apex of the system was the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the worlds’ central banks which were themselves private corporations. The growth of financial capitalism made possible a centralization of world economic control and use of this power for the direct benefit of financiers and the indirect injury of all other economic groups.’—Carroll Quigley, Tragedy and Hope: A History of The World in Our Time, Macmillan Company, New York, (1966) p. 337.

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

The bad news about Dr. Paul is that for practical purposes he is the Ayn Rand champion for the most greedy big banks, job destroyers and job exporters. The worst news for American consumers, American workers and American jobs is that Dr. Paul's Ayn Rand philosophy is an epic financial and human tragedy for them.

Ron Paul is an Ayn Rand libertarian, but not a populist. In fact, Paul is the anti-populist apologist for the worst abuses of Gilded Age greed. He wants these abuses to continue in the name of a fictional "free market" that no longer exists. He cheers while these abuses flourish in what Paul calls "liberty" but in fact is the liberty of the greed of the few to cheat and abuse the rights and hopes of the many.

Dr. Paul means well, but fails to understand that monopoly is not liberty. Oligopoly is not freedom. Ripping off homeowners and borrowers is not liberty or freedom, it is ripping off homeowners and borrowers in a market that is not free when consumers are not given real choices.

Exporting jobs is not liberty; laying off workers is not freedom; destroying the rights of workers is not liberty; free trade with slave wage nations is not liberty or freedom.

There is no "magic of the marketplace" unless the marketplace is truly free. A free market is more than mergers and acquisitions, more than charging credit card interest rates similar to what the Mafia used to charge, more than firing workers to increase short-term profits, more than throwing homeowners out of their homes with paperwork that is often phony when those who throw workers out of their homes often cannot even prove legal ownership of the mortgage in a "market" that often became a fraud, a joke and a human tragedy.

The Founding Fathers would be turning in their graves to hear words like "liberty" and "freedom" being used to justify such abuses, but this is what Dr. Paul, and many other Republicans of the Ayn Rand persuasion, would do.

Notice I am not giving any big endorsements here of President Obama and his economic team. They are no more populist than Dr. Paul. At best they are marginally better. At worst they are symptoms of the great surrender of true progressive populism in the tradition of the great Democratic presidents, and Republican presidents such as Abe Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt, who are nowhere to be seen in the high councils of Washington today.

I have described a long litany of abuses in this note. I would ask supporters of Dr. Paul, and other Republican supporters of this dark Ayn Rand vision, to tell me exactly how they would stop these abuses.

Write comments that specifically detail how Dr. Paul would stop these abuses, and I will praise them. But giving a lot more money to the wealthiest individuals and companies only continues the trickle-down of the great abuses of our Gilded Age. Tell me what Ron Paul would do to stop these abuses, and I will applaud his measures, if you can name them.

Or, Dr. Paul and his supporters should just admit that they support these abuses, in the further abuse of the word "liberty.” This would outrage the Founding Fathers if they were with us today to defend their dream against impostors who call it liberty, but advocate selfishness and greed, and call it freedom, to excuse corruption and fraud.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 516
Points 7,190
bbnet replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 7:57 PM

Here some Jewry financed propaganda for you:

Honest Money - The Biblical Blueprint for Money and Banking by Gary Northstein

You shall do no injustice in judgment, in
measurement of length, weight, or volume.
You shall have just balances, just weights,
a just ephah, and a just hin: I am the Lord
your God, who brought you out of the land
of Egypt. (Leviticus 19:35–36)

Therefore you ought to have deposited my
money to the bankers [money exchangers],
and at my coming I would have received back
my own with interest. (Matthew 25:27)

Owe no man anything . . . (Romans 13:8a) 

God doesn't want his people to have no junk! (Jim Baker, in response to a question about his Rolls Royce collection)

We are the soldiers for righteousness
And we are not sent here by the politicians you drink with - L. Dube, rip

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 461
Points 8,685

My good minister - Jesus was an anarcho-capitalist. Are you not ignoring the ways of your Messiah?

http://www.anti-state.com/redford/redford4.html

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

it was a parable on greed....do you noy understand the sriptures lest the adulterer adulterate the word of God?   For you do not know Gold is for ceasar such as the denarius. Yet the valuable thing is the word of God for the master is angry with the adulterers of his words that you hide by leavened bread and deliver only partial messages. The talents were his words to bring fruit for his harvest. love God Love your neighbor does it not say in God we trust on it? hmm? psalms 56

but wait try psalm 119 and 69 it might do you some good for even the kings could not buy with Gold what God gives authority? article 6 and 7 reference the declaration of nature and natures God relying on divine providence.......

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

Love Fulfills the Law

8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,”[a] and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”[b] 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

exodus 21 debts are forgiven every seven years   bankruptcy laws.....

nation founded on God not religion.....

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

revelation of the beast let he who have wisdom calculate 666 for while you are calculating you become the beast..........

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

Romans 13

Submission to Governing Authorities

1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor. 

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

No he said keep the merchants out of the ministry 

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

We trust that God will use his Word to encourage, refresh and inspire as a result

serpents are short witht their tongues but we are wise as them but innocent as doves with love understanding and patience yet the greedy only see the worldly things it is written do not be of but for this world bank runs dont help the people they help the rich elite not the masses

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

Do not place your trust in riches.

"He who trusts in his riches will fall, But the righteous will flourish like foliage" (Proverbs 11:28).

You cannot buy eternal life. "Those who trust in their wealth And boast in the multitude of their riches, None of them can by any means redeem his brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him ... That he should continue to live eternally, And not see the Pit" (Psalm 49:6-9).

Jesus said: "Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God!" (Mark 10:24).

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

1 Timothy 6:10

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

America In God We Trust Amen I love the dollar you just want people to use your Gold

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 440

study more you know not God's words for the hardened heart seeking Gold is blind yet with love truth is revealed......

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Mon, Nov 14 2011 11:27 PM

"America In God We Trust Amen I love the dollar you just want people to use your Gold"

Father, tell me, does this unholy symbol mean anything to you?

For your actions are reminding me a lot of those who hold aloft this symbol with the greatest of pride.

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
  • | Post Points: 65
Page 1 of 2 (64 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS