Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

New Ron Paul animations....

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
Alan Alsup Posted: Mon, Aug 29 2011 10:16 AM

Hello friends. Would appreciate some input from my fellow Libertarians. Starting up a YouTube channel regarding Ron Paul and his run for 2012. While the response has been great, I have had some private emails that warn that my satirical work might be used against Dr Paul. All audio is actual Obama quotes, but a few feel I'm crossing some "line" they have drawn in their own head.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDrawingguy?feature=mhee

Opinions would be greatly appreciated... :)

Peace and Liberty,

Alan

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 10:29 AM

Very well done.  I can imagine the amount of work that went into that.  But yes, I can see where people might have issues.  I think you'll have a lot of people objecting to some of the things Obama says...even though it's him saying them.  You might actually mention in the credits that the audio comes from his Grammy winning reading performance.  That might shut up a lot of complaints before they start (and inform some people that there is actually a Grammy award for narration.)  However I don't see how it could possibly help the cause by having what looks like a weed-smoking pimp and two hookers be happy that Paul's running.  I only see that hurting everything.

And I have no idea what was the point of having him on a bed in his underwear.  I really don't see why that's helpful.

On a side note, if you're interested in a the work of a fellow Ron Paul animator, you might check out Joey Pencils

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
Alan Alsup replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 11:17 AM

Many thanks. Yeah, Joey and I correspond. He actually encouraged me to proceed as is, which surprised me. He's very talented. I like his retro feel. His style and presentation are totally different from mine. His.... polished, polite and refined, while mine..... is different.... :D! It's meant to be more "wtf" was that I just watched, if that makes sense.The Charlie Sheen appearence was just an afterthought and the underwear scene is a cut from an unfinished episode where Obama and John Boehner are trying to steal the constitution from his home while he slept. 

I appreciate your thoughts my friend. It means much to me... :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 11:47 AM

Then you should have him in pajamas.  The way it looks now (especially with just that clip by itself with no background info) it looks like an extension of the Bruno scene.  Not helpful.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45
Alan Alsup replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 12:53 PM

You definately have a point there my friend. While I do poke fun at all, I most certainly have a dog in this fight. I shall find a more suitable background immediately. Thank you for bringing that to mind.... :)

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS