Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

HUGE Ron Paul Moneybomb in TODAYYYY

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James Posted: Tue, Oct 4 2011 4:54 PM

This one is getting advertised quite a bit.  We're coming off the heels of a great 3rd quarter showing.  And since there have been so many moneybombs, they haven't been getting much larger than $1 million/day.

Spread the word (multiple times...they say someone needs roughly seven (yes, 7) exposures before action takes place)...so spread the word early and often (try to do it tactfully and make sure you don't end up annoying everyone)...but get the word out.

BlackThisOut.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

This is really getting a lot attention.  Keep this date in mind and spread the word...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Are you spreading the word?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 11:45 AM

Tell someone you know...

It's coming...

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 312
Points 4,325
Chyd3nius replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 3:01 PM

I was going to open a thread about this last week, but for some reason I had a feeling that you are willing to do it. wink

-- --- English I not so well sorry I will. I'm not native speaker.
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 5:02 PM

Bump

Fuel for the fire:

Study Confirms Ron Paul Blacked Out by Media

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Just past 11pm on the west coast (i.e. not even midnight yet) and already passed $210,000.

Donate.  Spread the word.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Here's a nice quick one you can send around today...

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,850
Points 85,810

It seems to be stuck at 882,000...not going to break the record if you guys don't give. 

'Men do not change, they unmask themselves' - Germaine de Stael

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 132
Points 1,890

ticker was down, site problems, etc 

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,850
Points 85,810

It's not going to break the previous record. 

'Men do not change, they unmask themselves' - Germaine de Stael

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 312
Points 4,325
Chyd3nius replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 4:02 PM

Yeah, because last record was made in December and FED's bubble wasn't fully bursted.

-- --- English I not so well sorry I will. I'm not native speaker.
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

The site ticker meter only goes up to less than half the previous record.  Obviously they never expected it to break the record.  It was decided before the campaign even really started to have a bunch of moneybombs throughout the year, as opposed to only a few big ones.  It was determined that the utility of having a more constant stream of money outweighed any benefits to be had from a couple big splash bomb numbers.

Which, so far, seems to be the right call.  There have been roughly 6 moneybombs (not including this one) in 6 months...and they've averaged well over $1 million each.  Having the constant momentum is helpful in different ways.  It makes funding more predictable, and allows for better budgeting.  It makes for a more constant, rolling campaign, with supporter involvment on the grassroots level being much more sustained, as opposed to peaking and troughing every 4-6 months.  Not to mention, in the beginning (4 years ago) it was helpful to have huge splashes to make waves and get attention, but at this point Paul has the name recognition, wins all the straw polls and the online polls, and everyone already knows (and assumes) he can raise money.  So the effect of saying "The Ron Paul campaign raised over $6 million in one day" is not that much greater than saying "The Ron Paul campaign raised over a million dollars in one day".

What they've been able to do with the current funding schedule is working quite well.  The Ames straw vote worked out perfectly basically, and there have already been more than half a dozen TV ads that are 100 times better than anything he had last time around.

It's not about breaking records any more.  It's still about being smart.  And the facts have changed.  So the strategy has changed.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Just broke $2,000,000. 

Looks like they're now touting it as a 3 day event.  That, and cool chart at top of the page here.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

They've extended it to THREE DAYS, so it's now Oct. 19-21st....

KEEP SPREADING THE WORD

One day rough total:

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS