Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

If Ron Paul Helps Big Business Out So Much, Why Don't They Donate to Him?

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov Posted: Thu, Oct 20 2011 9:52 AM

If Ron Paul would help out big business so much and give them free reign to takeover the world as so many democrats seem to think, then why doesn't big business donate to him?

Could it be that a free market would not benefit big business as much as a government controlled one?

• | Post Points: 75
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 203
Points 3,195

Oh man you got me! I saw the subject line of your post and I was ready to fire back. It now appears it was a rhetorical question. Good show!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,745
Wheylous replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 10:57 AM

Brilliant point. Saved as favorite.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 60
Points 825
s burgess replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 3:11 PM

limitgov you owe me five Min's when i saw the title(misleading) i went and looked for my gun.i didn't shave my balls for this aye.there's seems a big correlation between businesses  who donates also getting wealth by political means.if any ones got supporting info for this id be grateful.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

How about this?

A recent independent analysis of candidates’ campaign contributions reveals an interesting disparity between the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign and frontrunner Mitt Romney’s campaign. Romney’s top supporters appear to be made up of big banks while, unsurprisingly, Paul’s top contributors were men and women serving in the U.S. Armed Forces. [...]

According to the analysis, the top three organizations that employ Romney’s supporters are Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse Group, and Morgan Stanley

(And look how much money they give him.  And that's just through their company PAC.  That doesn't count other ways they might support him.)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS