Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Libertarian 'occupiers' in New Hampshire arrested

rated by 0 users
This post has 106 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875
Freedom4Me73986 Posted: Thu, Oct 20 2011 10:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3GUo3iOl3E

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 11:22 PM

1) This is supposed to help your case that New Hampshire is libertarian?

2) Why are you here?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

1) This is supposed to help your case that New Hampshire is libertarian?

2) Why are you here?

We should show support w/ libertarian activists in NH (esp. NH since it's becoming the haven of libertarian and free market activism.)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 11:56 PM

Freedom4Me73986:
NH since it's becoming the haven of libertarian and free market activism.)

Sure doesn't look that way with a lot of the stuff you post, what with people setting themselves on fire in protest of the oppressive government, and getting arrested, and getting tickets issued for being 43 seconds over the parking meter time.

Why are you here?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 11:58 PM

FSP... voluntary libertarian Ghetto?

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 12:02 AM

Is being an annoyingly preachy, uppity, girlfriend-less white guy "making a stand" against "the System" in Podunk, NH really what it means to be libertarian? No wonder our movement can't grow.

Clayton -

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Freedom4Me73986:
NH since it's becoming the haven of libertarian and free market activism.)

Sure doesn't look that way with a lot of the stuff you post, what with people setting themselves on fire in protest of the oppressive government, and getting arrested, and getting tickets issued for being 43 seconds over the parking meter time.

NH is becoming the site of more and more free market activism. Do research on the FSP yourself. The reason why your seeing so many arrest vids is because the activists being arrested ARE getting active. The civ-dis is only PART of what the FSP is. There are huge black markets all over the state. Agorism is most of what FSPers do it's just not publicized for the obvious reasons.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

FSP... voluntary libertarian Ghetto?

'Libertarian ghetto?' Have you been to NH or met w/ free staters?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 12:59 AM

Resident punching bag.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 2:18 AM

There are huge black markets all over the state.

Um, so you guys sell each other dimebags out behind the grocery store during your smoke-breaks. I bet a small-timer in Compton moves more bud in a day than all you FSPers put together do in a year. And don't start in with cash-for-used-farm-implements, I don't want to hear it.

Black markets, my ass.

Clayton -

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

There are huge black markets all over the state.

Um, so you guys sell each other dimebags out behind the grocery store during your smoke-breaks. I bet a small-timer in Compton moves more bud in a day than all you FSPers put together do in a year. And don't start in with cash-for-used-farm-implements, I don't want to hear it.

Black markets, my ass.

A googling of 'new hampshire agorism' would prove you otherwise.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Why are you here?

To promote libertarian ideas. Why are YOU here?

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 12:02 PM

What's libertarian about living in some NH forest?

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

What's libertarian about living in some NH forest?

Your not keeping up with the Liberty Movement. If you did you'd know theres a huge amount of liberty activism in NH. Every single liberty activist who moves there is actively participating in creating a more libertarian society.

Yes I desire to "live in the woods" as part of my own individualist activism but there's far more things we can do before shit really hits the fan. The black market in NH has created all sorts of networks.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 12:20 PM

Freedom4Me73986:
To promote libertarian ideas. Why are YOU here?

In the last thread you said you were here because you "lacked the necessary skills to live outside of 'civ'", and that basically you needed "civ" to learn how to live without "civ".  I pointed out that you're obviously not learning those skills here, and asked you again, why are you here.  Then you told me it was "because [you] like discussing the economy".  I again pointed out you aren't doing that here, and asked you again, why are you here.

I've asked you that question at least another 4-6 times since then, and you finally come back with an answer and claim you're here to "promote libertarian ideas".  And again, I'm going to point out, you are not doing that here.  Again,

Why are you here?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

So desiring to live outside of civ means I can't promote libertarian ideas while I'm living in civ?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 12:49 PM

Freedom4Me73986:
So desiring to live outside of civ means I can't promote libertarian ideas while I'm living in civ?

a) You said the only reason you were not living in the woods was because you can't live, and "needed to learn the necessary skills" first. (Admitting the ironic fact that you need "civ" to teach you how to live without "civ".)  You are not learning any of those skills here.  So obviously "not having the skills" is not the reason you are here and not living in the woods like you claim to want to.

b) You said you were here "because [you] like discussing the economy".  You have not discussed the economy once since you've joined the forum.  So obviously "discussing the economy" is not the reason you are here and not living in the woods like you claim to want to.

c) Now you are claiming you are here to "promote libertarian ideas".  You have not done this (I would argue at all) since you have been here.  So obviously "promoting libertarian ideas" is not the reason you are here and not living in the woods like you claim to want to.

Why are you are here and not living in the woods like you claim to want to.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

What is your problem? ARe you going to discuss the vid I posted or are you just carrying on w/ personal attacks?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Attacks?  All I've done is asked you a single, simple question and you have yet to give an honest answer.  If asking you "why are you here", and then pointing out when your answer isn't honest is "personally attacking you", I'm not exactly sure how you have managed to survive in "civ" so far.  Perhaps you should go live in the woods.

Why aren't you there now?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

I will be living outside of civ soon enough. Why can't you discuss the vid I posted?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Why can't you answer the question I asked?

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 461
Points 8,685

He already explained why he is here. He is preparing to live in the woods. He never said he had intention to leave forthwith.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Wow.  I can't believe it but I'm about to say this for the 3rd time.  He said he needed to learn the proper skills.  I already pointed out he's not doing that here.  Therefore that cannot be the reason he is here.

It's a simple question.  I would say let him answer, but he obviously can't do that, so hell...go ahead and try again RD.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 461
Points 8,685

He never implied he wanted to learn the skills right away, as far as I know. Perhaps he wants to spend 1 year posting here in "civ" without learning anything,1 year learning how to survive, and thereafter live in the wilderness for ever.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 8:05 PM

JJ, you are acting irrationally. Instead of wasting time here with 0 productivity you could be posting in other threads with an above-0 productivity. And for a second you had me thinking that you are a rational economist... :P

Well, I guess on the other hand, you could have "what is not seen" be anonymous ghost users on the board with the same ideas get convinced by your arguments here. Hm....

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

RothbardsDisciple:
He never implied he wanted to learn the skills right away,

a) what difference would that make?  I asked a question.

b) it doesn't matter because what you just said is exactly what he did.  Here.  In fact, he didn't imply it, he directly stated "The only reason I haven't left is b/c I want to learn survivalist methods before I go."

Maybe I was wrong about trying to speak for him and you should just let him answer for himself.

Wheylous:

JJ, you are acting irrationally. Instead of wasting time here with 0 productivity you could be posting in other threads with an above-0 productivity. And for a second you had me thinking that you are a rational economist... :P

Well, I guess on the other hand, you could have "what is not seen" be anonymous ghost users on the board with the same ideas get convinced by your arguments here. Hm....

Are you seriously purporting to tell me what is a waste of my time?  Not very Austro-libertarian, is it  ;)

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 461
Points 8,685

b) it doesn't matter because what you just said is exactly what he did. Here. In fact, he didn't imply it, he directly stated "The only reason I haven't left is b/c I want to learn survivalist methods before I go."

And your point is? He said he would leave when he learns survivalist skills. There is no implication that he will learn them soon: he merely says that, when he learns these skill, then he will leave "civ." The when may be in a year, for all I know. Perhaps that is how long it shall take for him to be prepared. Saying "the only reason I haven't left" ≠ "I am going to leave immediately." In fact, he implies that there shall be somewhat of a process in learning these skills, a duration in which he must live in "civ."

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

RothbardsDisciple:
He said he would leave when he learns survivalist skills.

Um.  No he didn't.  He said the only reason he hasn't left is because he wants to learn methods.  Note, the only reason he hasn't left.  By definition that means his only reason for staying in "civ" is to learn those methods.  And for the probably the 5th time, he's not doing that here.  So that begs the question why is he here?

Again, you might just let him answer for himself.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 461
Points 8,685

He said the only reason he hasn't left is because he wants to learn methods. Note, the only reason he hasn't leftBy definition that means his only reason for staying in "civ" is to learn those methods.

Yeah, he wants to learn them, at some point in the future. This will be the point at which he has no more reason to stay, i.e., when he will leave for the woods.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 461
Points 8,685

Basically, what I am getting at is that it is not implicit in his statement that his only purpose in "civ" presently is to learn those methods. His lack of skills is simply the only reason he has not left, not the only purpose he has while staying.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 8:49 PM

@Wheylous: Orrrrrr, FSPers are just annoying and it's hard to not want to verbally slap the snot out of them again and again.

Clayton -

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 9:00 PM

This thread is a fail.

F4M you are giving no clear reason as to why you are here and you're not really supporting liberty!

JJ you are being naggy and agressive or at least inadvertently for no apparent reason!

Clayton and JJ you are using F4M as a punching bag and putting him down to harshly!

RD you aren't defending F4M well!

See what happens when we all play the blame game!?

Now without further ado

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

RothbardsDisciple:
Basically, what I am getting at is that it is not implicit in his statement that his only purpose in "civ" presently is to learn those methods. His lack of skills is simply the only reason he has not left, not the only purpose he has while staying.

So basically what you're saying is his lack of skills is simply the only reason he has not left, but he has other reasons for staying.  Yes?

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 9:30 PM

Clayton and JJ you are using F4M as a punching bag and putting him down to harshly!

Naw, life's too short for personal attacks. My gripe is with FSP not F4M... if he wants to join the FSP, he's free to knock himself out. I realized the FSP was a joke when I watched a video of a "libertarian" standing on the steps of some Podunk courthouse protesting the tyranny of parking tickets. These are the "de-municipalize the garbage collection!"-libertarians who think "we need to start small and work our way up!" and other such nonsense. No, what you need to do is get a job and get a life. Nobody's going to listen to a bunch of whiny, preachy, white, confirmed-bachelors. The State of NH isn't going to listen and America sure as hell isn't going to listen. We already imprison 1% of our population. They could throw all three-dozen of you in jail and nobody would bat an eyelash.

Clayton -

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Neodoxy:
RD you aren't defending F4M well!

awww, now do you really believe that, or did you just not want him to feel left out of your condescending reprimand?

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 461
Points 8,685

So basically what you're saying is his lack of skills is simply the only reason he has not left, but he has other reasons for staying. Yes?

Pretty much. My basic argument is: 1) He desires survivalist methods, and upon attainment thereof he shall (presumably) leave for the wilderness 2) His lack of such skills (and his future desire to attain them, a want) is why he has not left 3) His lack of methods is the only reason he has not departed to the woods, rather than his only purpose while remaining.* (Which makes sense, for there are too many hours in the day to focus strictly on survivalist training).

*To provide ample evidence, see his remark on enjoying the study of economics. He wants to learn survival skills (now or in the future), but he has not abandoned everything else in that pursuit not implied such.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

RothbardsDisciple:
So basically what you're saying is his lack of skills is simply the only reason he has not left, but he has other reasons for staying. Yes?
Pretty much.

Think about that for a minute.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Is ANYONE going to discuss the video I posted of the arrests in NH?

Page 1 of 3 (107 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS