Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Free State Project info and videos

rated by 0 users
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James Posted: Thu, Oct 27 2011 7:26 AM

I am proposing this as the single thread for all single videos or any other propaganda for New Hampshire or primitive living.  If you have content like this, please post it here instead of creating a new thread every other day.

Ideally old posts like this could be moved here as well, as it has already been requested multiple times that those get posted in the low content threads, but it seems the only user who posts this stuff will not honor the moderator's requests.

• | Post Points: 125
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 312
Points 4,325
Chyd3nius replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 8:08 AM

I hope that H/G will be kept in some of those new threads, so no one will mess H/G to the FSP. They are two separate issues.

-- --- English I not so well sorry I will. I'm not native speaker.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:05 AM

Hufflepuff / Gryffindor

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

I still have no idea what that is.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 312
Points 4,325
Chyd3nius replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:42 AM

Hunting and gathering.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Free stater creates charity to compete with welfare state.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

http://www.freemanch.com/top-reasons-to-move/

There are so many great reasons to choose Manchester as your Free State Project destination it’s hard to whittle it down to just five. But we don’t tolerate no fluff content ’round here. So, without further ado…

The Top 5 Reasons to Move to Manchester

1. We’re the biggest! – Manchester is the largest city in New Hampshire, which means:
    • we have the widest variety of goods and services (yay ethnic food!), and…
    • we have the most economic opportunities, hence…
    • we have and attract the most liberty activists; therefore…
    • we have the largest, strongest, and best networked community of geographically concentrated liberty activists in the whole world.
  2. We’re the best placed! – Manchester is the most centrally located city in New Hampshire. Here’s a summary of drive times to other major New Hampshire destinations:
    • Concord: 20 minutes (north)
    • Nashua: 20 minutes (south)
    • Seacoast: 50 minutes (east)
    • Keene: 70 minutes (west)
  3. We’re the most entrepreneurial! – Manchester claims the largest number of agorist ventures of all New Hampshire regions, including a few full-time agorists. But it’s not just the scale – entrepreneurship is so integrated into the liberty culture here that it’s uncommon to be at a liberty social where there isn’t an agorist product or service being offered.
  4. We party hardest! – Manchester liberty activists have a long and well-established tradition of squeezing in as much fun into a schedule as humanly possible:
    • weekly summer BBQs
    • happy hour socials nearly every day (across four bars)
    • frequent house parties, including theme parties (toga, Lebowski, etc)
    • impromptu moving parties (pizza and beer for helpers is customary)
    • many apartment buildings that are nearly or completely occupied by porcupines
    • Meatlunch (ask Jason Osborne)
    • …and one more totally awesome thing that we can’t quite talk about here. ;)
  5. Avoid moving twice! – Learn from our mistakes. So many people have started in other parts of the state, but ended up here anyway…
    • “If nature alone does not satisfy your desire, Manchester is where it’s at. Any other gay clubs? One in Derry, a suburb of Manch methinks, and that’s it.”
      – Antigone
    • When I first moved, I chose the country. Webster was nice- living near all the farms suited me, but I couldn’t find work much closer than 45 minutes away (my brother still can’t). Then I moved to Allenstown, which I thought would be great because it’s between Manchester and Concord. After three months, I realized that I was commuting to Manchester daily and to Concord almost never. Moving to Manchester saved me a lot of gas and time in the long run; it’s where everything is anyway. (Jobs, schools, people, events.)
      – Joshua Liberty

So who's down?

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,945
Points 36,550

Me!  I've been considering moving to the Granite State, but I haven't been able to find any decent employment opputunities, and I bought a house a couple years ago... maybe in a few years.

"What Stirner says is a word, a thought, a concept; what he means is no word, no thought, no concept. What he says is not what is meant, and what he means is unsayable." - Max Stirner, Stirner's Critics
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

That's why you work on the black market. ZERO taxes or regulations and you can refuse to accept any payment other then gold or silver.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Were you not asked nicely to put this kind of stuff in a designated thread?  Can you please do that?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Now your coming across as a statist.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 8:01 PM

That would imply that you must participate at Mises Forums

Land & Liberty

The Anarch is to the Anarchist what the Monarch is to the Monarchist. -Ernst Jünger

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 881
Points 15,030
banned replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 8:53 PM

Fuck Manchester, that place is filled with agriculturalist and civilizationist bastards!

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,008
Points 19,520
Eric080 replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 9:02 PM

Freedom4Me, you realize that having rules on a forum is much different than statist laws, correct?  You're not entitled to use the Web servers at Mises.org and the mods put in place have been granted the ability to "moderate" the forums if need be....

"And it may be said with strict accuracy, that the taste a man may show for absolute government bears an exact ratio to the contempt he may profess for his countrymen." - de Tocqueville
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Why you NEED to more to the Shire:

http://freekeene.com/2011/11/18/shire-activism-never-sleeps/

There were a few anarchists in the town where I grew up, and a lot more in the city nearby. But perhaps because these individuals were not as organized as Keeniacs, the activism in which I participated seemed to live or die with my action.

I could get a few of my friends together and shout from a megaphone and sign-wave in Rittenhouse Park. We would go “Robin-Hooding,” where individuals feed parking meters for strangers in an attempt to “cost” the State the “revenue” of the ticket. But even in a city of 1.5 million, there were only a handful of us doing activism on a regular basis. “What’s the deal?” I wondered.

At the same time, I was seeing videos and blogs produced on a regular basis of all sorts of interesting activism going on in New Hampshire, especially Keene. One of those videographers is Garret Ian of FreeConcord.org. In fact, it is he who was the inspiration behind this blog post.

I missed Garret’s Chalking trial today. I felt terrible about it because I wanted to be there to support an awesome activist and a great guy. I later tuned in to FreeTalkLive only to hear the hosts talking about the trial, and I suddenly felt much better about today. I was relieved knowing that while my presence would have been useful and appreciated, there are so many activists here that my absence was barely felt.

When one is among a small group of liberty-lovers, activism can live and die with one’s actions. While it’s awesome as an individual to have such a disproportionate impact of activism in the community, it can burn a person out.

The Shire is going to do activism with or without you. If you live in a place that only does activism when you do, why not move to the Shire? That way, you can add your efforts to an already humming machine — a place where you can take a break once in a while and the machine will keep running.

I’ve only been here 7 months. There are people who have been here for years. I know the Shire hasn’t always been this way and I think it’s completely awesome and mystifying that through the continued efforts of those individuals, this harbor for activism is possible. Thanks to those of you who paved the way. If you haven’t moved here yet, what are you waiting for?

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 10
Points 125
Ben H. replied on Tue, Nov 22 2011 2:03 AM

I've been casually thinking about moving to New Hampshire, but it looks expensive:

Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Manchester, NH: 119.5 (more than average, U.S. average is 100)

Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Minneapolis, MN: 115.1 (more than average)

Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Auburn, AL: 88.8 (less than average)

Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Sioux Falls, SD: 82.7 (low)

Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Fire Island, NY: 129.4 (high)

city-data.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

I've been casually thinking about moving to New Hampshire, but it looks expensive:

Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Manchester, NH: 119.5 (more than average, U.S. average is 100)

Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Minneapolis, MN: 115.1 (more than average)

Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Auburn, AL: 88.8 (less than average)

Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Sioux Falls, SD: 82.7 (low)

Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Fire Island, NY: 129.4 (high)

city-data.com

Manchester, NH has been ranked as one of the cheapest cities to live AND one with the best quality of life. It's a win-win situation.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

http://www.freemanch.com/top-reasons-to-move/

Also if u need help just tell the free staters and they'll find you a place to live.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Testimony

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 312
Points 4,325
Chyd3nius replied on Fri, Nov 25 2011 1:12 PM

People endorsing FSP(from wikipedia):

On February 17, 2006, economist Walter Block publicly expressed his support for the Free State Project. He is quoted as saying,

You people are doing the Lord's work. The FSP is one of the freshest practical ideas for promoting liberty that has come out of the libertarian movement in the past few decades. May you succeed beyond your wildest dreams, and thus demonstrate in yet another empirical way the benefits and blessings of liberty.[19]

In 2007, the project was endorsed by two presidental candidates, Ron Paul[20] and Bob Barr.[21]

In 2010, Lew Rockwell from the Mises Institute endorsed the project. He referred to the city of Keene, New Hampshire as "The northern capital of libertarianism".[22]

In 2011, Peter Schiff revealed his endorsment for the project, stating that he had considered moving in one point.[23]

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Interview with the FSP president by Reason TV.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

http://www.menshealth.com/best-life/frown-towns

Manchester, NH ranks as second happiest city.

Blues-proof towns

10. Plano, TX A-
Burlington, VT A-
St. Paul, MN A-
Sioux Falls, SD A-
Madison, WI A-
Boston, MA A-
Omaha, NE A
Fargo, ND A
2. Manchester, NH A
1. Honolulu, HI A+

That in itself should be reason to move.
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

http://www.freemanch.com/supporters-of-medical-cannabis-to-gather-in-manchester/

Supporters of medical cannabis to gather in Manchester

NHCommon Sense and NHCompassion are making headway in organizing efforts to pass multiple cannabis reform legislation during the 2012 legislative session. The only thing missing is you!

On Friday, December 30 at 2pm, executive director Kirk McNeil and Greg Pawlowski will be meeting with state attorneys and other interested people at Murphy’s Taproom in Manchester to discuss coalition building opportunities, the creation of lawyer position papers, and bill endorsements. ACLU attorney staff may attend as well.

Community involvement is needed from every corner of New Hampshire in order to promote, educate and complete the passage of up to five bills this legislative year. NHCommon Sense and NHCompassion need help in areas such as: phone banking, e-mailing, letter writing, creating presentation slides, and video recording public presentations.

Volunteers for these activities are needed now, and crunch time will start in January.  For more information contact Greg Pawlowski.

We have created a multi-pronged strategy, building coalition partnerships with groups such as the NAACP and latino organizations, along with veterans groups, lawyers, farmers, parents, and college student and religious organizations.

Over the past two weeks we have communicated with representatives at area colleges such as: Southern New Hampshire University, Keene State, University of New Hampshire, Dartmouth, Plymouth State, Manchester Community College, and Franklin Pierce University in order for their students to become engaged in cannabis reform activities.

Besides time and participation, your generous donations are needed. For continued information and updates please see us on the web at nhcommonsense.org

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Ron Paul supporter tells libertarians to move to NH.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

NH is the only place to go if Dr. Paul loses.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

I'm sorry, did you forget your agreement?  It happened literally not even 12 days ago.

"if Dr. Paul wins in NH, you consider moving there. If he loses I promise never to post another NH or FSP-related topic on here again. Challenge accepted?"

Yes, I accept your challenge.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised.  I mean, virtually everything else you spout around here is bs, why shouldn't your own word be?

Page 1 of 1 (31 items) | RSS