Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Mises Institute mention

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 554
Points 9,130

Associating Mises with Reason? That's almost as good as the clowns who try and claim Ron Paul is a Koch puppet. I'm also reasonably sure that claiming DiLorenzo is a current member of the League of the South is libel of some variety.

It reads like a combination between LaRouche and his nutty theories about the Queen of England crossed with some angry redneck who listens to nothing but Rush Limbaugh and thinks Obama is a communist Kenyan Muslim Brotherhood member.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,739
Points 60,635
Marko replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 1:37 AM

Sure, it's a stupid piece. Apparently there is such a thing as a "multi-billion dollar libertarian think tank empire" and it is "pushing the Paultard phenomenon".

Can we take that to mean that LRC and DailyPaul are so effective as if there were billions of dollars behind them? What better praise.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 1:56 AM

Too frustrating to read. When people write like that they license off the responsibility of the reader to take them seriously. It's like letting everyone know how dumb they are.

Land & Liberty

The Anarch is to the Anarchist what the Monarch is to the Monarchist. -Ernst Jünger

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,739
Points 60,635
Marko Posted: Sun, Nov 6 2011 1:57 AM

Just saw Mises Institute mentioned in a book review article at exiled online:

Conservatism offers them something Robin brilliantly calls “democratic feudalism.” In other words, dominion over your “lessers” in the private spheres of the workplace (middle-management tyrants) and the home (lockin’ down the wife and daughter’s ladyparts): “the most visible effort of the GOP since the 2010 midterm election has been to curtail the rights of employees and the rights of women.” This is the link between the Santorums and the Pauls of the world–one which Reason magazine, the Mises Institute and other appendages of the supposedly “anti culture-war” libertarian propaganda circuit work very hard to obscure.

A ridicilous charge from the increasingly bonkers eXiled, but hey, it shows a growing profile.

And a cute attempt at smearing:

Small wonder then than Rep. Ron Paul–the arch-conservative with whom liberals are supposed to find some common cause—recently called neo-Confederate historian Thomas DiLorenzo to testify before Congress. DiLorenzo’s a member of the League of the South, an outfit that calls for another southern secession and the restoration of rule under “Anglo-Celts.” DiLorenzo, an economist at Loyola University, just so happens to be a champion of Austrian School of Economics, which, of course, is all about “freedom.”

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 312
Points 4,325

Liberals think that there is some alliance and friendship between conservatives, Reason and Mises Institute. Sad reality is, that they hate each other or are ignorant. Only liberal fantasy I'd love to become true - conservatives reading Mises Daily.

-- --- English I not so well sorry I will. I'm not native speaker.
Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 806
Points 12,855

Where is this mentioned? What article?

If I had a cake and ate it, it can be concluded that I do not have it anymore. HHH

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,739
Points 60,635
Marko replied on Sun, Nov 6 2011 7:17 AM

It's here. It's in the post listed 4th, because it was posted just around the time when forum time shifted for daylight savings.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 554
Points 9,130

Ah, good; for a minute there I'd thought I'd pulled the Internet equivalent of lightning hitting a clock tower attached to a DeLorean.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS