Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Is anyone else having trouble with Google?

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James Posted: Wed, Dec 28 2011 3:25 PM

First I noticed the search settings are un-alterable:

And if I try to get to it through other links, or even just try to click "help", it shows this:

Now I noticed any image I click on from image search will not show up...it's just a blank page...

Anyone having similar issues?  The unrendered help page makes me think it's an issue with the site, but any ideas on how this might be an issue on my end?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 814
Points 16,290

I'm using IE and I can't even get google to show up.  Firefox works fine with it though.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Wed, Dec 28 2011 6:32 PM

I'm also using IE and Google is flaking out on me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

The keyboard is mightier than the gun.

Non parit potestas ipsius auctoritatem.

Voluntaryism Forum

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Wed, Dec 28 2011 9:31 PM

MARKET FAILURE surprise

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Wed, Dec 28 2011 11:53 PM

Quickly, someone call the government!

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Thu, Dec 29 2011 1:32 AM

Well, I use FireFox and I don't have any problems of major concern.

I don't see this as market failure, it's Google's way of kicking people off IE and towards Chrome.  Why not make your widely used product/service unworkable on the other guy's platforms to where you have to use theirs?

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Bert:
Why not make your widely used product/service unworkable on the other guy's platforms to where you have to use theirs?

Because it pisses people off, and there are other options for search engines.  Not to mention, there are ways around any screwy blocking technique they'd try to use.  Apple tried to make their widely used phone "unworkable" with applications they don't approve...that hasn't exactly worked out so well.

There is nothing more powerful than the market.  If the people want it, they're going to get it.

P.S.

My issue was a buggy piece of software I had installed.  The issue appeared soon after I had installed it, and disappeared after I reformatted.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS