Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Edgar the Exploiter IS OUT!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous Posted: Sun, Jan 15 2012 10:13 AM

What we've all been waiting for!!!

Yes, Nielsio posted this in some thread, but it deserves its own thread!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,289
Points 18,820
MaikU replied on Sun, Jan 15 2012 10:29 AM

why me?

"Dude... Roderick Long is the most anarchisty anarchist that has ever anarchisted!" - Evilsceptic

(english is not my native language, sorry for grammar.)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110
gotlucky replied on Sun, Jan 15 2012 11:19 AM

It's a good question. Why have you been waiting for it? :p

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Sun, Jan 15 2012 11:34 AM

Because George Ought to Help was so amazing!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 274
Points 5,675
My Buddy replied on Sun, Jan 15 2012 2:32 PM

I'm more waiting for the third Keynes vs Hayek rap, especially after the awesomesauce that was Fight of the Century

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 83
Points 1,645
bitbutter replied on Tue, Mar 20 2012 6:55 AM

Thanks for sharing Edgar here!

Just a note: I'm running a crowdfunding campaign to produce the third animation in the 'George' series: Give Me Your Ball. You can find a video and all the details here: http://www.indiegogo.com/Albin-and-the-bully

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

oooOOOooo.  Someone's going to disprove the economic laws presented in Edgar the Exploiter...

Bitbutter responds:

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

A nice writeup in the Mises Daily:

Edgar the Entrepreneur

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 119
Points 1,600

bitbutter,

I don't know the best way to ask you but here seems to work: Is the window sticker on the crowdfunding campaign for Give Me Your Ball a vinyl static sticker or an adhesive backed one?

Love the videos.

" ‘Bread and Circuses’ is the cancer of democracy, the fatal disease for which there is no cure. “
Not Ranked
Posts 83
Points 1,645
bitbutter replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 11:13 AM

@BiPolarMoment

They're sticky vinyl, designed to be stuck on the inside of a window, facing outside. Hope that helps.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 119
Points 1,600

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger there--I also saw the e-mail that you reached your goal last night; congrats.

" ‘Bread and Circuses’ is the cancer of democracy, the fatal disease for which there is no cure. “
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Did anyone notice there's a "Edgar the Entrepreneur" Collection featured in the Mises Store?

Not Ranked
Posts 83
Points 1,645

Yes, thanks. It appeared in the wake of this excellent article by Daniel James Sanchez: http://mises.org/daily/6004/Edgar-the-Entrepreneur

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 639
Points 11,575
cab21 replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 4:26 AM

so you tackled the min wage

do you also want to tackle of rules and regulations?

if a state has no minimum wage, but has a flat amount of benefits people are required to pay, say 20000 per employee, then the employee will not be hired and the no minimum wage will not save him. the other type of add on can be taxes, if there is no minimum wage, but 30% taxes, the someone cannot hire someone who he thinks will earn less less than 130% of the wage or salery. people usally don't get hired just to make a 5% profit, especily in small business, perhaps a big chain store like walmart can minimun worker production profit, but the small store with lower sales volume needs a higher profit than that to survive.

min wage is one factor, it could be one easy factor, and maybe it;s the principle that matters, but i also think it would be cool to go over other regulations that may be hidden and other unseen costs to workers that employers have to consider when making a hiring decision.

it looks like your goal is to show how the state keeps people in poverty and that is a great goal to show

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490

people usally don't get hired just to make a 5% profit

Neoclassical economics disagrees, but I haven't thought enough to decide whether I disagree with their disagreement.

Anyway, the argument according to them is MR=MC.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS