Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Ron Paul's plane tickets

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 630
Points 9,425
Jack Roberts Posted: Wed, Jan 18 2012 6:18 AM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46022290

Surely this one is the worst so far.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

On that airplane note, I actually just caught this yesterday...

So Ron Paul Likes Buying Fancy Airplane Seats, What Do You Care?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 12:04 PM

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 12:25 PM

Now wonder they're scared of Ron Paul... if this is the best they have...

That said, the Paul campaign needs to take this seriously and get on top of it. This could turn into a full-court press on the cable networks if they don't start "messaging".

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 12:30 PM

I don't know.  That asshole on MSNBC was pretty quick on the draw.  I mean, he even admitted he was simply planning to bring more publicity to the smear piece but luckily had competent researchers.

That means that the truth came out pretty damn quickly...and even though there are YouTube channels that get more viewers than that network, it's still visible enough to make anyone else who runs with the original story look completely inept.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 12:40 PM

I wrote that post before watching the MSNBC piece. I spoke too soon. The AP is just giving the Ron Paul campaign written proof of their outrageous bias.

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,008
Points 19,520
Eric080 replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 5:16 PM

This is similar to the attack he went through this summer about his private jet expenses.  Rockwell wrote on his Political Theatre:

CBS attacks Ron Paul for using a private jet in his presidential campaign, like every other major candidate. I thought it was a mistake not to use one last time, and I heartily recommended using one this time. I have nothing to say about campaign spending, but for me, this should be the top priority, and I'll bet every Ron Paul donor agrees with me.

Not only because a private jet (a cramped, little plane, btw, not like Trump's 737) helps Ron make the most effective use of his campaigning time; not only because he has two jobs, and important congressional responsibilities to carry out as monetary chairman in DC; but also out of decency and respect for this great and dignified gentleman.

Ron has titanium knees, and therefore gets the physical feel-up in airports. Perhaps because he is an opponent of the TSA, he gets special attention, including an agent yanking his crotch three times. To avoid the airport police state, which he works to abolish, is reason enough for the little private jet.

"And it may be said with strict accuracy, that the taste a man may show for absolute government bears an exact ratio to the contempt he may profess for his countrymen." - de Tocqueville
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 6:22 PM

God forbid the guy who wants to end the wars take a few private flights. The world would go to hell!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS