Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Does Comcast or U-Verse Carry the RT Channel?

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov Posted: Mon, Jan 30 2012 9:10 AM

If so, what channel is RT on comcast or U-verse?

I never see it.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 75
Points 1,255

It's channel 164 for me on Comcast.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov replied on Mon, Jan 30 2012 9:23 AM

thanks.

It seems you can actually watch it online for free:

http://rt.com/on-air/rt-america-air/

Sweetness.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 11:44 AM

This RT channel is AWESOME!

Its like having people talk about the stuff Ron Paul talks about but there all hot women!

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 508
Points 8,570

Just remember that RT is a state-run network:

"RT, previously known as Russia Today, is a global multilingual television news network based in the Russian Federation run by the state-owned[1] state-run[2] RIA Novosti."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

That said, running something like "Adam vs. The Man" isn't exactly what you'd expect to find on Russia's state television.  I'm not one to go for conspiracy theories, but I have to imagine whoever's controling the network's tone hopes that promoting libertarian messages on RT will help end American imperialism.  I doubt this is for humanitarian reasons though, it's probably more about decreasing the US's power in Russia's sphere of influence.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,008
Points 19,520
Eric080 replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 12:35 PM

^Bingo.  They just incidentially happen to be on the right track with regards to some pieces that they do.

"And it may be said with strict accuracy, that the taste a man may show for absolute government bears an exact ratio to the contempt he may profess for his countrymen." - de Tocqueville
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580

i agree...i assume its a russia intelligence run news channel...like something the CIA would do....but so far, they are puttin on great libertarian stuff.

i assume they want to hurt the american government by this....and I'm all for that.  most americans want to hurt the american government's power hold.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,739
Points 60,635
Marko replied on Fri, Feb 3 2012 5:49 AM

Not really, the stuff CIA puts out is utter crap. See a sample: American-government propaganda aimed at Russians & co.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS