Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

*Abortion Threads*

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert Posted: Mon, Jan 30 2012 2:25 PM

These threads are a dime a dozen, and the argument/debate has been far past exhausted while everyone thinks what they have to add will sway someone's stance.

Is Abortion Murder? Should it be Banned? - February 2009

Abortion: Does it Violate the Non-Aggression Axiom - September 2009

Murray Rothbard on Abortion - September 2009

Are you Pro-Death or Anti-Choice? - February 2010

Free Market Abortion - December 2010

Abortion - July 2010

Abortion in an Anarcho-Capitalist Society - October 2010

Being Anti-Abortion is so Unlibertarian! - August 2011

Abortion and Baby Murder; Irrelevant, but not Unimportant - August 2011

Group Threads

Abortion: Is it Murder? - October 2008

Natural Rights & Abortion - December 2008

ab  - June 2012

I'm sure there's a dozen more threads on abortion, these came up from a quick search. Reason I bring this up is because of the redundant questions rule (yeah, I've been reviewing the rules), and it's utterly annoying to see the topic arise again and again as if it's something new and groundbreaking. I post this because there shouldn't be a need to make new threads, if so there should be a Low Content Abortion Thread (I could make a very non-PC joke out of that...), but if a new abortion thread starts by someone who decided not to use the search function first I might explode.

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, Jan 30 2012 7:50 PM
Dont explode, just....bump all the old threads and watch the partisans explode. I will help.
Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,439
Points 44,650
Neodoxy replied on Mon, Jan 30 2012 7:53 PM

Abortion seems to be a subject of strife wherever one goes....

At last those coming came and they never looked back With blinding stars in their eyes but all they saw was black...
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,493
Points 39,355
Malachi replied on Mon, Jan 30 2012 7:57 PM
Not even the womb is safe!
Keep the faith, Strannix. -Casey Ryback, Under Siege (Steven Seagal)
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 21,840

i'm bumping this - this should be bumped every so often to help people keep perspective

"As in a kaleidoscope, the constellation of forces operating in the system as a whole is ever changing." - Ludwig Lachmann

"When A Man Dies A World Goes Out of Existence"  - GLS Shackle

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 12:34 PM

What perspective is that, exactly?

The keyboard is mightier than the gun.

Non parit potestas ipsius auctoritatem.

Voluntaryism Forum

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 21,840

general reference and utility

"As in a kaleidoscope, the constellation of forces operating in the system as a whole is ever changing." - Ludwig Lachmann

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 12:49 PM

Please don't be so vague.

Voluntaryism Forum

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 21,840

What perspective is that, exactly?

did you make this comment because you:

a)trying to argue something

b) drawing some inference from my response that you find unpleasant

c) have no idea what I meant by that response - and it is a completley left of center response to you (something like a gibberish)

d) something else

All I can say is f it is option C - there is nothing more I can say.  If people are confused by what I wanted to be a short unreflective colloquialism ("help keep things in perspective") that I don't think deserves this much attention - so be it I'll strike the post if more people have no idea what I was saying - but I'm not going to be defending the line as some "grand theoretical statement" or anything.  If you're trying to draw some profound exegesis from the comment - prepare for dissapointment.

I am simply calling this thread "useful and helpful" - if you don't think so - so be it, there is nothing I can do...you win.

If you think I'm tsomwhere in category A & B - spell it out

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 1:30 PM

I sure hope you didn't expect that to drive me away, William.

I asked you that question because I had no idea what you meant by "perspective". It's that simple. I'm still not really sure what you mean by it, and now you're apparently refusing to tell me. Why is that? Why make a comment that you don't want to clarify when someone reasonably asks you to?

To be honest with you, it's clear to me that you don't like "noobs" starting new threads about issues that have already been re-hashed many times in the past, like abortion. Well, if you feel that strongly about it, why don't you open back up your mod account and start outright deleting the threads that you don't like?

Voluntaryism Forum

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 21,840

To be honest with you, it's clear to me that you don't like "noobs" starting new threads about issues that have already been re-hashed many times in the past, like abortion. Well, if you feel that strongly about it, why don't you open back up your mod account and start outright deleting the threads that you don't like?

This is what I think you were getting at - and that isn't the case.  And if you want me to I can verify it with at least two past posts where I specifically stated I don't mind redundant threads, and dislike "veteran" people putting on an air of condescending attitudes to new people posting redundant topics.

I also have stated that it is good to learn things on your own via ones  dialgoue in forums (i actually think that is their main advantage). 

Once again: to answer what I meant by "putting things in perspective - it was a colloquialism that meant something close to "helpful reference".  That's really all I can say about it.

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 1:50 PM

Sorry, I didn't realize the "wonderful" forum software had eaten yet another post of mine. (For any mods/admins out there, this happens when I'm on a computer running Windows 7 64-bit and using IE 9.)

Anyways, William, please do verify it.

Voluntaryism Forum

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 8:35 AM

Still waiting on that verification, William.

Voluntaryism Forum

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 247
Points 4,055
excel replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 8:45 AM

Gentlemen, please present e-peens for measurement...

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 8:51 AM

Troll harder next time! wink

Voluntaryism Forum

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,389
Points 21,840

http://mises.org/Community/forums/p/28515/461406.aspx#461406

http://mises.org/Community/forums/p/5956/444708.aspx#444708

That's all I'm going to post - it's really hard to dig for this stuff

Also, that's all for me on this thread on this - as it is drifting.  If you have more to say , and wish me to respond -bring it up in member issues or PM me

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS