Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

No, Newt, Ron Paul supporters would not have STEPPED ON HIM

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 767
Points 11,240
Hard Rain replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 4:26 PM

Yeah, look, what happened to the guy wasn't nice, but I guess if you wanna unsubtly and uncivilly troll other campaigns you better wear safety boots!

"I don't believe in ghosts, sermons, or stories about money" - Rooster Cogburn, True Grit.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

could you please explain how he was being uncivil?

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 767
Points 11,240
Hard Rain replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 5:24 PM

I don't think trolling is polite.

"I don't believe in ghosts, sermons, or stories about money" - Rooster Cogburn, True Grit.
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,987
Points 89,490
Wheylous replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 5:56 PM

The impression I got was that he was standing in the place and they came around him...

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 767
Points 11,240
Hard Rain replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 6:18 PM

@Wheylous

It's a bit ambiguous. The article says he didn't know it was a campaign stop, but also that Gingrich made a "beeline" for him. In any case, as I said before, what happened to him was wrong, but he decided to stay put alone and troll after being mobbed...

I don't think this incident should've been made a big deal of by the campaign. Just like when Gingrich fired back at the opening marriage question of that CNN debate, this is exactly the kind of faux macho image the creep wants to put out. Using a brave/naive Ron Paul supporter to engage in such a stunt should embarrass.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 429
Points 7,400

He was assaulted and intimidated by a small mob, plain and simple. I don't know why, Hard Rain, you're commenting on the responsibility of the victim, because he has none.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS