Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

*** February 2012 low content thread ***

rated by 0 users
This post has 202 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Pretty damn awesome.  The only thing that would make that better is if it were a bigger market.  Thanks for sharing.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

It's here!   It's finally here!!

(if you haven't seen the others, see here.)

Everything Is a Remix 4

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

The Young Turks Caught Lying To Viewers!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Government efficiency at work:

Man's vanity plates attract $20,000 in tickets

...Tickets for Fords, Hondas, Dodges. Even a Vespa.

Every few months he has to take time off from work to go to the courthouse to get the tickets dismissed. 

But since Danny drives a Chevy Avalanche, anything marked a “Chevy” is still his problem.

"How do I prove it’s not mine?” Danny asks.  “They say, 'I don't know.'  You don't know?  It’s your system, figure it out. ‘I don't know’ isn't an answer. I got to get this done." 

Danny’s record at the DMV is now so long, he says he can’t renew his license or his registration.

I guarantee every statist will say something to the effect of: "Well.  It's his fault for getting those tags."

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 630
Points 9,425

http://lawfulbank.com

The Lawful Bank provides a gateway to ‘The Alternative Monetary System’ (TAMS) - a new and independent monetary and banking system owned and controlled by its users/members. The objective of TAMS is to create its own liquidity (money) for the benefit of the people of the nations that choose to use it... and by so doing, reassert the sovereign right of the people to self-governance - for a nation cannot truly govern itself unless it is in full control of the means by which its money is created.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Fri, Feb 17 2012 11:54 AM

Jack Roberts:

http://lawfulbank.com

The Lawful Bank provides a gateway to ‘The Alternative Monetary System’ (TAMS) - a new and independent monetary and banking system owned and controlled by its users/members. The objective of TAMS is to create its own liquidity (money) for the benefit of the people of the nations that choose to use it... and by so doing, reassert the sovereign right of the people to self-governance - for a nation cannot truly govern itself unless it is in full control of the means by which its money is created.

What exactly do they do?

Land & Liberty

The Anarch is to the Anarchist what the Monarch is to the Monarchist. -Ernst Jünger

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 630
Points 9,425

It is a spin off the freeman movement which has roots in England and Canada.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Fri, Feb 17 2012 1:46 PM

Fiat money cannot solve the problems created by fiat money. Not that either Bitcoin or this "Lawful Money" even rise to the level of being fiat money. In the process of attempting to achieve the impossible, these "alternative" monies perpetuate the myth that money is "whatever we collectively decide that it is"; the myth that is the foundation stone of the fiat monetary system.

Clayton -

http://voluntaryistreader.wordpress.com
Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 630
Points 9,425

Yes, I agree, i was just trying to share a topic that might be of interest. I do not think it is anything more than an idea. I don't think there is much happening with the bank. Most likely just a presentation and someone made a website with it.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Fri, Feb 17 2012 1:57 PM

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but this itself is good enough to counter the attacks of racism.

22 Reasons Why Ron Paul Is Not Racist.

Besides what he has said against racism, the various ways of honoring black contributions in history he's voted on (someone brought up the fact he didn't vote to spend a couple thousand of tax payer money for a pendant for Rosa Parks was some sort of racist gesture or action (the person who was arguing with me on this was mixed and "disgusted" by it), she didn't understand that he suggested they should do it with their own money, and the government giving a pendant to Rosa Parks is that of the NSDAP giving a pendant to Jewish freedom fighters).

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Fri, Feb 17 2012 2:50 PM

John James:

Government efficiency at work:

Man's vanity plates attract $20,000 in tickets

...Tickets for Fords, Hondas, Dodges. Even a Vespa.

Every few months he has to take time off from work to go to the courthouse to get the tickets dismissed. 

But since Danny drives a Chevy Avalanche, anything marked a “Chevy” is still his problem.

"How do I prove it’s not mine?” Danny asks.  “They say, 'I don't know.'  You don't know?  It’s your system, figure it out. ‘I don't know’ isn't an answer. I got to get this done." 

Danny’s record at the DMV is now so long, he says he can’t renew his license or his registration.

I guarantee every statist will say something to the effect of: "Well.  It's his fault for getting those tags."

Yeah. I skimmed over the comments. Lots of people saying some variation of "there comes a time when one must give up fighting the system". Way to go, folks. You're displaying learned helplessness/Stockholm Syndrome all too well.

The keyboard is mightier than the gun.

Non parit potestas ipsius auctoritatem.

Voluntaryism Forum

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,010
Points 17,405

Nobody actually thinks that Ron Paul is a racist. It's just about getting the accusation out there so people associate liberalism and racism, because they heard it in the same sentence so often. It conditions them like a dog. Twenty years of hearing every liberal politicial figure associated with "racism" and they are going to think that liberalism is racist. It's utter nonsense, racism is a collectivist notion and historically state-racism was supported by Progressives. But it's not about reality, it's about repeating a lie often enough. It's a nice trick and it works, people are stupid.

The problem is that liberals respond to such baseless accusations as if they were a serious argument. They dignify it with an answer. I guess they're just not hip to that kind of dishonesty.

"They all look upon progressing material improvement as upon a self-acting process." - Ludwig von Mises
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Rick Santorum Swarmed By Supporters At Campaign Stop

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135
John James replied on Fri, Feb 17 2012 10:13 PM

Even when the neocons get something right they still tend to get it wrong.  *sadface*

Afterburner with Bill Whittle: Han Shot First!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 659
Points 13,305
Gero replied on Fri, Feb 17 2012 10:25 PM

But Syriasly, Folks…..

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110
gotlucky replied on Fri, Feb 17 2012 11:11 PM

Man shot to death while holding baby

WCSH:

SCOTTSDALE, AZ (KPNX) -- An Arizona man was shot to death by police Tuesday while holding his grandson. 

Police say 50-year-old John Loxas was holding his grandchild in his arms as he walked around his Scottsdale neighborhood Tuesday night threatening neighbors and police. 

"There were at least three officers in position to engage the suspect. At least one of the officers thought he saw something in the suspect's hands," said Sgt. Mark Clark. 

Loxas was standing outside of his home with his grandchild still in his arms when Officer James Peters fired one shot to the head, killing the suspect. 

Police say the 9-month-old boy was not injured during the shooting. 

Officers also escaped unharmed. 

Some neighbors are now questioning the officers actions. 

Investigators say the officers on the scene thought Loxas was holding a gun. 

Detectives did not find a weapon on Loxas following the shooting, but did locate several firearms inside the home. 

Officer Peters, who fired the fatal shot, has been involved in seven shootings over the past decade. 

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Fri, Feb 17 2012 11:47 PM

A little good news. Turns out that money production is, in fact, subject to market forces and consumers have the final word in what is or is not money.

Clayton -

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2,051
Points 36,080
Bert replied on Sat, Feb 18 2012 12:39 AM

Nobody actually thinks that Ron Paul is a racist.

I know what you're getting at, but in the end they think or believe he's a racist.  They can read articles about various associations and a bunch of other "evidence" and so on, but they'll think he's racist at the end of the day.  I'm sure I can find plenty of people that think he's racist, but probably can't find exact statements from him making these positions.

Only problem I have now is convicing my girlfriend (or anyone) he's not politically going to enforce anti-abortion laws (sadly in the state of VA the GOP is going nuts with it here).

I had always been impressed by the fact that there are a surprising number of individuals who never use their minds if they can avoid it, and an equal number who do use their minds, but in an amazingly stupid way. - Carl Jung, Man and His Symbols
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

gotlucky:

On the same webpage:

Off-duty deputy pulls gun on pregnant woman at Walmart check-out

(the man waving the gun does not immediately identify himself, woman's husband ends up arrested)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

You may have seen this one before...

Police Brutality Backfires

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Preschooler prevented from eating sack lunch, forced to eat government lunch, mom billed

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110
gotlucky replied on Sat, Feb 18 2012 7:13 PM

Oh no I hadn't, thanks for sharing that video.  I don't think we would see that happen in America though.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

gotlucky:
I don't think we would see that happen in America though.

Just depends on when and where.  (As in, how oppressed the people have been and for how long.)  You see this in other countries with more oppressive regimes and less freedom in the broader sense.

Lew Rockwell commented on this here.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,679
Points 45,110
gotlucky replied on Sat, Feb 18 2012 7:57 PM

Yeah.  I mean, it's certainly possible that it could happen here under the right circumstances.  I believe it would.  I just expect that if this were to happen now, that the sheep that are in America would just watch on, passively.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

More proof we're living in fascism.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

The new Ron Paul?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Amash is a well-known Paulite.  He rode the Tea Party wave into Congress in 2010 as a Paulite.  He buddied up to Ron Paul as soon as he got to Washington.  He was one of (if not the) first in Congress to endorse Paul for the 2012 election.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator

^^^^ This.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

Top 100 Contributor
Male
Posts 853
Points 17,830

"The final results of the GOP Primaries and Caucuses are pre-determined and are created through vote
tabulation manipulation. Having worked with various programmers through the years in creating algorithms, I
find the particular one laid out in this document to be quite primitive and laughably obvious. Having analyzed
the New Hampshire and South Carolina Primary Counties like this one, I am shocked that the perpetrators
haven’t spent more resources to make the end result more believable."

Unmasking the Vote Manipulation in South Carolina

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

[playlist of all official ads]

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 370
Barty replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 2:24 PM

That paper Graham is really remarkable. Something fisy is going on.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 286
Points 4,665
skylien replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 2:37 PM

Watch Bryan Caplan pawning 2 very dumb economists on Al Jazeera. It is really painful to hear them talk such nonsense, not even making any good point:

Here Bryan on his Blog about it.

If you read this Loretta Napoleoni. It is really a shame that people like you can come up on TV and can lie so bluntly. No the welfare spending in the UK is not a fraction now of what it was in the seventies before Thatcher.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes, qui custodes custodient? Was that right for 'Who watches the watcher who watches the watchmen?' ? Probably not. Still...your move, my lord." Mr Vimes in THUD!
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 5,118
Points 87,310
ForumsAdministrator
SystemAdministrator
DanielMuff replied on Wed, Feb 22 2012 12:33 PM

The Firefox one is the funniest.

To paraphrase Marc Faber: We're all doomed, but that doesn't mean that we can't make money in the process.
Rabbi Lapin: "Let's make bricks!"
Stephan Kinsella: "Say you and I both want to make a German chocolate cake."

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 659
Points 13,305
Gero replied on Wed, Feb 22 2012 5:20 PM

Old criticism of Associated Press: Use 11 reporters to fact check Sarah Palin while probably not using that many to fact check other subjects.

Best wordplay: Newt Romtorum

Concerned Scientists Reply on Global Warming

Khader Adnan and now-normalized Western justice

FACT CHECK: Errant claims on auto bailout, taxes

Santorum Forgets History

We're Already Europe

Canadian government is 'muzzling its scientists'

GOP scrambles under allegations of rampant election fraud in Maine caucus

Drones Set Sights on U.S. Skies

Can Congress Steal Your Constitutional Freedoms?

What are the Bilderberg Group really doing in Spain?

Jokes:

An engineer, a scientist, a mathematician, and a philosopher are hiking through the hills of Scotland, when they see a lone black sheep in a field.

The engineer says, "What do you know, it looks like the sheep around here are black." The scientist looks at him skeptically and replies, "Well, at least some of them are." The mathematician considers this for a moment and replies, "Well, at least one of them is." Then the philosopher turns to them and says, "Well, at least on one side."

A Universal Philosophical Refutation

A philosopher once had the following dream.

First Aristotle appeared, and the philosopher said to him, "Could you give me a fifteen-minute capsule sketch of your entire philosophy?" To the philosopher's surprise, Aristotle gave him an excellent exposition in which he compressed an enormous amount of material into a mere fifteen minutes. But then the philosopher raised a certain objection which Aristotle couldn't answer. Confounded, Aristotle disappeared.

Then Plato appeared. The same thing happened again, and the philosophers' objection to Plato was the same as his objection to Aristotle. Plato also couldn't answer it and disappeared.

Then all the famous philosophers of history appeared one by one and our philosopher refuted every one with the same objection.

After the last philosopher vanished, our philosopher said to himself, "I know I'm asleep and dreaming all this. Yet I've found a universal refutation for all philosophical systems! Tomorrow when I wake up, I will probably have forgotten it, and the world will really miss something!" With an iron effort, the philosopher forced himself to wake up, rush over to his desk, and write down his universal refutation. Then he jumped back into bed with a sigh of relief. The next morning when he awoke, he went over to the desk to see what he had written. It was, "That's what you say."

Top 10 Reasons Why God Was Denied Tenure

1. He had only one major publication.

2. And it had no references.

3. It wasn't published in a refereed journal or even submitted for peer review.

4. And some even doubt he wrote it himself.

5. It may be true that he created the world, but what has he done recently?

6. The scientific community has had a very rough time trying to replicate his results.

7. He rarely came to class, just told students to read the book.

8. He expelled his first two students for learning.

9. Although there were only ten requirements, most students failed his tests.

10. His office hours were infrequent and usually held on a mountain top.

Top 10 Reasons Why Beer Is Better Than Jesus

10. No one will kill you for not drinking beer.

9. Beer doesn't tell you how to have sex.

8. Beer has never caused a major war.

7. They don't force beer on minors who can't think for themselves.

6. When you have beer, you don't knock on people's doors trying to give it away.

5. No one has ever been burned at the stake, hanged, or tortured over their brand of beer.

4. You don't have to wait 2,000+ years for a second beer.

3. There are laws saying that beer labels can't lie to you.

2. You can prove beer exists.

1. If you've devoted your life to beer, there are groups to help you stop.

During a session, a psychotherapist says to his client:
"Today we're going to try and analyze your Freudian slips. See, a Freudian slip is when you want to say something but you make a funny mistake and say something slightly different. The analysis of such a mistake can lead to some emotions you're in conflict with, some bad memories from your childhood, and so on. Have you made any such funny mistakes lately?"
The client thinks a moment, and responds:
"You know Doc, yeah. I made a funny mistake while talking to my mother. I was eating dinner with her and I wanted her to pass the salad, but instead I said: 'You stupid bitch, you ruined my life, I hate you.'"

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 225
Points 4,195

Sheriff attempts to break the constitution

[view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpUjl4LvQM8&feature=g-logo&context=G23fd0feFOAAAAAAABAA]

'' The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.'' Stephen Hawking

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 6,885
Points 121,845
Clayton replied on Thu, Feb 23 2012 7:41 PM

Clayton -

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Fri, Feb 24 2012 12:02 AM

http://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantreport/top-10-most-sinister-psyops-mission-patches/

Some creepy US Military patches.

Land & Liberty

The Anarch is to the Anarchist what the Monarch is to the Monarchist. -Ernst Jünger

Page 4 of 6 (203 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS