Free Capitalist Network - Community Archive
Mises Community Archive
An online community for fans of Austrian economics and libertarianism, featuring forums, user blogs, and more.

Ron Paul Supporters - 'Florida Primary Was Rigged'

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov Posted: Wed, Feb 1 2012 8:41 AM

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-spokane/ron-paul-supporters-florida-primary-results-rigged

Can someone tell me what this article is saying.  Its blocked here at work.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

On Tuesday, Florida Republicans went to the polls to vote for the GOP Presidential nominee.

Mitt Romney won that race, and Texas Congressman Ron Paul lost - gathering 7 percent of the vote.

But some of Ron Paul's supporters feel they've been had.  So much so that one started a thread at the Daily Paul website claiming the primary election was rigged.

"The media have been preparing us for this by emphasizing (falsely) that Ron Paul is not competing in Florida, but I'm not prepared. I'm sickened," the poster wrote.

The next sentence, however, was a bit disturbing: "It looks more and more like the revolution will not be a peaceful one."

Reaction was mixed, as some agreed and asserted that other elections were similarly rigged.

"Ron Paul Won New Hampshire Rigged 88% Poll on CNN," wrote one person.

Others blamed Diebold for the results, falling back on an old conspiracy theory claiming the machines are rigged for a particular candidate.

In 2008, Michelle Malkin wrote that the evil machines were blamed by Democrats for Hillary Clinton's loss to Barack Obama in the New Hampshire primary.

"How Evil Diebold–controlled by the GOP/Bush mafia, you know–got Hillary Clinton voters to conspire with them is not exactly clear. Tinfoil-hat theories never are," she wrote.

One person wrote that the Diebold machines "and those in control" will never give the Texas Congressman fair treatment.  Who knew the machines were capable of such a thing?

Others blamed "stupid" voters, while a few disagreed with the premise of the thread.

"We need to spend less time whining about conspiracy and more time delivering the message to as many people as possible," wrote one person.

So far in this election cycle, Ron Paul is 0 - 4, with each primary and caucus giving supporters more reason to claim voter fraud.  A Google search using the term Ron Paul election rigged returns over 5 million results.

There is another possible explanation for Paul losing the primaries - GOP voters do not like his message and are not voting for him.

More on Ron Paul at Examiner.com can be found here.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit his Facebook page, or click the Subscribe button to receive email updates when a new article is published.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 4,922
Points 79,590
Autolykos replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:17 AM

A majority of GOP (primary) voters may well not agree with his message. In that case, however, I think they're digging their own graves - however unwittingly.

The keyboard is mightier than the gun.

Non parit potestas ipsius auctoritatem.

Voluntaryism Forum

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

limitgov:
Can someone tell me what this article is saying.  Its blocked here at work.

Ever heard of a proxy?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 304
Points 4,800
cporter replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 11:58 AM

Most public proxies are known to WebSense and the like, and most web hosts won't let you run a proxy server on their service. It's not hard or expensive to set up your own, though. Apache, proxy software, domain, DynDns.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

cporter:
Most public proxies are known to WebSense and the like

That's like saying "most phone numbers of phone sex companies are known to the phone police".

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Gee.  An entire article about a thread on RonPaulForums.  They really will try anything.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,028
Points 51,580
limitgov replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 12:48 PM

thanks Freedom for the post.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,133
Points 20,435
Jargon replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 1:29 PM

How in the hell can this pass as an article?

Land & Liberty

The Anarch is to the Anarchist what the Monarch is to the Monarchist. -Ernst Jünger

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Yes it's from a Dr. Paul forum. But I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. There is a large number of libertarians in Florida. A lot of free staters were from there originally. That's what makes me skeptical.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

Jargon:
How in the hell can this pass as an article?

If you ask me, it doesn't.

Freedom4Me73986:
Yes it's from a Dr. Paul forum. But I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. There is a large number of libertarians in Florida. A lot of free staters were from there originally. That's what makes me skeptical.

You're the reason articles like this find there way into existance in the first place.

Perhaps you could start redeeming yourself with some actual support of anything you say.  Hey!  You could start with those links you owe me!

Top 75 Contributor
Male
Posts 1,008
Points 19,520
Eric080 replied on Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:43 PM

Why is it the new thing to appeal to Google search results to demonstrate some kind of logical connection between two things or monitor what is trending?  "hitler cheesecake" gives you 6.35 million results.  "taco bell library" gives you 4.48 million.

"And it may be said with strict accuracy, that the taste a man may show for absolute government bears an exact ratio to the contempt he may profess for his countrymen." - de Tocqueville
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,953
Points 118,135

It's the inevitable result of the inclination of people to confirm their bias in any way they can.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,149
Points 23,875

Dr. Paul is set to win Maine.

Top 150 Contributor
Male
Posts 630
Points 9,425

I was surprised at the 7% figure, it did not seem authentic. But I have been moaning about election fraud for over 10 years. Which is about as long as I have been following politics. After watching Trouble with Touchscreens and greg palast documentaries, Election files and Bush Family Fortunes: The Best Democracy Money Can Buy

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS